BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

8 catches on 8 targets for 100 yards and a TD. Now let’s take him out of the game please

I am happy though I can use him as a future example of why analytics/athleticism only goes so far. His analytics was awful but watching him you’d think he was 99% ala Jelani Woods. 

Sometimes there’s no substitute for the “dog” ability.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

I am happy though I can use him as a future example of why analytics/athleticism only goes so far. His analytics was awful but watching him you’d think he was 99% ala Jelani Woods. 

Sometimes there’s no substitute for the “dog” ability.

I don’t know where he went to train or how he trained for his testing but he was clearly more athletic than those numbers on film. 

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I don’t know where he went to train or how he trained for his testing but he was clearly more athletic than those numbers on film. 

Haha they are negative promo for sure at this point. Again, he met with EVERY NFL team at some point during the off-season process. The combine/athleticism no doubt cost him a lot of money.

Hey that could’ve been his motivation to take none of this NFL preseason for granted. Perhaps it was a short term loss for long term gain.

• Like 1

Just now, MD4L said:

Haha they are negative promo for sure at this point. Again, he met with EVERY NFL team at some point during the off-season process. The combine/athleticism no doubt cost him a lot of money.

Hey that could’ve been his motivation to take none of this NFL preseason for granted. Perhaps it was a short term loss for long term gain.

If he was going to be a backup TE anywhere I’m glad he went to Baltimore. Boyle and Kollar are there also and it’s crowded but he’s earned his time on the field so far. Using he and Pitts together might be fun.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

If he was going to be a backup TE anywhere I’m glad he went to Baltimore. Boyle and Kollar are there also and it’s crowded but he’s earned his time on the field so far. Using he and Pitts together might be fun.

Trust me your future opponents vastly disagree.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Also @MD4L that athletic profile leading to success has to be extremely rare. Another although not as bad RAS that has always been interesting to me is Suggs. He is dropped because of size and he didn’t do every testing measurement. 30.5” arms too.

terrell-suggs-ras-6560.png?resize=806,52

I totally agree. If Likely went to Alabama or prominent SEC school he would’ve still went day 2. I do think when you aren’t at a prominent FBS program you almost need to test out at least as an average athlete.

Also, while Suggs is an athlete player and among elite stratosphere of last 10-12 years, he’s an exception to the rule.

I don’t think it’s quite the ironic nature that the Ravens drafted both guys.

• Like 1

Best believe if he went to FIU or an HBCU he gets drafted round 5-7. When the league knows you went against best of the best in CFB, your athleticism isn’t quite as important. You can lose money but if you off field is solid, definitely likely you get drafted, even moreso you get drafted above your athleticism grade.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

It’s always fun to debate. Because there are so many great  college football players with a limited athletic profile that fail to pan out. But you have the Jarvis Landry’s of the world and others who find a way.

I remember dropping Landry so much in my grade haha. But it’s always evident he did not care about the combine.

I think it was him or Tyrann. One of them lifted 225 pounds at the combine 4 times and abruptly stopped. If you just evaluate the number you can say oh wow he might be a bust. But the SEC and actual evaluation of the guy gets the drafted much higher then they would if they played at a lower level of football.

• Like 1