BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

I remember dropping Landry so much in my grade haha. But it’s always evident he did not care about the combine.

I think it was him or Tyrann. One of them lifted 225 pounds at the combine 4 times and abruptly stopped. If you just evaluate the number you can say oh wow he might be a bust. But the SEC and actual evaluation of the guy gets the drafted much higher then they would if they played at a lower level of football.

Landry did 12 reps

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Best believe if he went to FIU or an HBCU he gets drafted round 5-7. When the league knows you went against best of the best in CFB, your athleticism isn’t quite as important. You can lose money but if you off field is solid, definitely likely you get drafted, even moreso you get drafted above your athleticism grade.

And this guy is about to unseat a better athlete in Gibson (9.29 RAS)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Look at this @MD4L

I did not know about Haha Clinton-Dix.

Why do you think they got drafted? I have to imagine a Nick Saban recommendation literally alters how you evaluate a guy. Like if Saban tells you someone is legit, I think even if he grades poorly you say 

But Nick told us that guy is good for real.

And he’s got too making connections for someone to not say screw it let’s try it.

51 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Travis Jones just took McSorley’s soul and got a roughing the passer penalty in the process. 

46 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I think Cancun is going to be thanking me for taking Jordan Davis and them pivoting to Travis Jones when it’s all said and done...

We essentially got Travis Jones AND Chris Olave instead of Jordan Davis. If both end up good starters, then yeah, we probably got the better end of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I missed this yesterday haha. The reaction of the two former Trappers make it even better.

Nobody but Nakobe Dean (ironically their best college players) didn’t test out like a hall of fame athlete. Their strength and conditioning coach. Whatever he’s doing worked.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue said:

We essentially got Travis Jones AND Chris Olave instead of Jordan Davis. If both end up good starters, then yeah, we probably got the better end of it.

I’d take those two over Davis. I love Davis but I didn’t think Travis Jones was very far behind him as a prospect before the draft and he might even be better in time. This is why trading down is better than moving up but I can’t help myself. 

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Jordan Davis may end up being Vince Wilfork w Fletcher Cox lite pass rush ability.

I don’t usually root for guys per say, I want to see Davis ball out!

My favorite guy of all the UGA guys will be Lewis Cine. I think he’ll be a rich man’s Justin Reid.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Greg Olsen on that Cards coaches said Budda Baker will help make up for some of the lost pass rush of Chandler Jones?  “our pass protection started with identifying Budda Baker” very interesting 

Sounds Derwin James lite. It’s different relying on non pass rushers as your main guy but it does work with the right defensive coordinator. Emphasis on RIGHT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Jordan Davis may end up being Vince Wilfork w Fletcher Cox lite pass rush ability.

I don’t usually root for guys per say, I want to see Davis ball out!

My favorite guy of all the UGA guys will be Lewis Cine. I think he’ll be a rich man’s Justin Reid.

Davis has to keep his legs moving to be that. Hopefully he picks that up. He will be a contributor for us this year for sure in many situations but as long as they’re healthy he will be rotational depth with Greg Gaines behind Vea and Oliver this season as he improves on this. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Sounds Derwin James lite. It’s different relying on non pass rushers as your main guy but it does work with the right defensive coordinator. Emphasis on RIGHT.

Well Derwin will have Bosa and Mack pass rushing so that always helps. I imagine Zaven Collins and Isaiah Simmons will be relied to manufacture some rush as well in Arizona.