BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I mean I don’t think McDaniels is a good coach.  But I don’t blame him for Kelce scoring 4 TD’s.      Tbh most of the Chiefs 1st half struggles were because Wylie and Brown were trash, mainly Brown because he hilariously thinks he’s a top 2 LT. 

Like Travis Kelce had 7 catches for 25 yards…… the D key’d on him all game.  That is just pure brilliance by the player and coach to get him open when they need.  

Edit:   I apologize if I trash your player and he’s a Chief.   I don’t support **** play.   Co-sign my weekly trashing of Hardman 

I'm not gonna say that I'm necessarily blaming Kelces TDs on McDaniels, 

But how many times does Patrick mahomes have to show people that blitzing him nonstop is not how you beat him it's how you lose to him. 

I do blame Josh mcdaniels for the decision not to just run the ball on 4th and one at the end of the game you could have picked up the 1st down and then spiked the football and spiked some football and still had  3 more Downs to get the ball in the field goal range. I also blame him for the decision not to just kick the extra point when there was over 4 minutes left in the game. That was beyond idiotic. But I do also blame him for seemingly not making any adjustments to Travis Kelce

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Would be for at least 2 weeks. He is on bye next week and so he will be suspended 2 week real time.

I don't even understand what devante Adams is doing there. He's allowed to be upset and frustrated but that camera guy, Or whatever he is, He is literally just doing his job. He's not a player hes not somebody trying to give devonte Adams a hard time the disrespect there is mind blowing.

4 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Would be for at least 2 weeks. He is on bye next week and so he will be suspended 2 week real time.

Ah, so he'll have him next week but not the week after (if there is a suspension, which I can't imagine there won't be)

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'm not gonna say that I'm necessarily blaming Kelces TDs on McDaniels, 

But how many times does Patrick mahomes have to show people that blitzing him nonstop is not how you beat him it's how you lose to him. 

I do blame Josh mcdaniels for the decision not to just run the ball on 4th and one at the end of the game you could have picked up the 1st down and then spiked the football and spiked some football and still had  3 more Downs to get the ball in the field goal range. I also blame him for the decision not to just kick the extra point when there was over 4 minutes left in the game. That was beyond idiotic. But I do also blame him for seemingly not making any adjustments to Travis Kelce

Okay,  but do you give Josh McDaniels any credit for the 4th and 1 deep ball in the first half….   Because I can guarantee you anyone who has watched a Spags coached D, knew we were sending 2+ extra up the middle..    the play was there if the players didn’t trip each other up lol. 

This sounds stupid for a guy that just scored for 4 TD’s,  but they did a great job on Kelce as well.  If a thing they showed the importance of Kelce too much and Reid knew how to exploit it when needed 

Edited by RedGold

4 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Okay,  but do you give Josh McDaniels any credit for the 4th and 1 deep ball in the first half….   Because I can guarantee you anyone who has watched a Spags coached D, knew we were sending 2+ extra up the middle..    the play was there if the players didn’t trip each other up lol. 

This sounds stupid for a guy that just scored for 4 TD’s,  but they did a great job on Kelce as well.  If a thing they showed the importance of Kelce too much and Reid knew how to exploit it when needed 

I absolutely give him credit for the decision to throw that ball deep. I also give him credit for choosing to do it on 3rd and one in the 4th quarter, Unfortunately Adams made a rare mistake and didn't get both feet down in bounds while possessing the ball. 

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I absolutely give him credit for the decision to throw that ball deep. I also give him credit for choosing to do it on 3rd and one in the 4th quarter, Unfortunately Adams made a rare mistake and didn't get both feet down in bounds while possessing the ball. 

That’s basically my point.  3rd/4th and short.  Game on the line.. Spags is always going to cover 0, blitz up the middle.   I do not blame Josh McDaniels for taking his one on one with Adams outside.    He knew it was there..  and I don’t even like McDaniels as a coach.   

Tbh I thought that was an L on our side, and we got lucky the WR’s ran into each other 

42 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ah, so he'll have him next week but not the week after (if there is a suspension, which I can't imagine there won't be)

He'll have him for neither. The suspension would surely be effective immediately until after the first game.

Edited by LAOJoe

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

It doesn't matter. He was available this week and he's not on IR.

So if he gets suspended 1 game effective before the week starts he gets to play even though he's technically suspended during the bye?

If there is no rule it is open to my interpretation right? I can rule him out when I vote.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAOJoe said:

That's what Nebraska said.

They gave Scott Frost 4-5 years?

1 hour ago, Blue said:

8 minutes ago, RedGold said:

I don’t even think he’ll be suspended…. 

Me and Redgold are same page. Perhaps he gets a six figure fine but that’s worse case right now.