BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I get all of that,  But in order for Cuba to eliminate Death Valley hypothetically,  They need to win one game,  And hope Death Valley loses out. And then it comes down to which game they won,  Because if it's not against Lancaster' it still doesn't guarantee them a spot,  Nor does it guarantee they eliminate Death Valley.

It does matter. If there is a tie you definitely don't want it to be Ivory Coast vs Cuba as that most likely opens up the chances you get into a 1 vs 1 tiebreaker vs Cuba, which you lose.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Sir, you make the mistake of thinking that I care more about winning than I do taking joy from other people.

Well the opponent's you play won't get help from the wins and all it will do is open the chance that you are the team eliminated that saves DV from being eliminated.

Teams Locked into the playoffs

Camden
Anchorage
Rome
Flint

Teams atill in the Hunt (Listed from the most likely to unlikely to make it in)

Death Valley 6.5-3
Cancun 6.5-3
Ivory Coast 6-4
Cuba 5-5
Lancaster 5-5
Singapore 4-6
Greenland 4-6

Teams Eliminated

Raleigh 4-6
Gotham 2-8
Hungary 2-8
Seoul 2-8
Berlin 1-9

Playoff Berth/Tie Breaker Scenarios

Death Valley: Win 1 game

Cancun: Win 1 game

Ivory Coast: Needs to win 1 of theiir last 2.

Lancaster: Win out.

Cuba: Beat Lancaster and Singapore lose one.

Singapore: Needs to win out,  Cuba win over Lancaster, Cuba loss to IC.  IC wins 1 game.

Greenland: Singapore Lose out, Cuba & Lancaster tie H2H and lose in week 11.

If Singapore and Cuba tie,  Singapore holds the head to head tabreaker.

If Singapore in Lancaster' Thai it will come down to vote totals,  Currently Lancaster' has a significant lead in that regard.

Greenland cannot win any tibreakers.

If Cuba Singapore and Ivory Coast finished with the same record (6-6),  The team with the highest vote total would get in as thr 8th seed and currently,  that team is Ivory Coast.

13 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

It does matter. If there is a tie you definitely don't want it to be Ivory Coast vs Cuba as that most likely opens up the chances you get into a 1 vs 1 tiebreaker vs Cuba, which you lose.

Okay Let me repeat this.  If I win one of my last 2, Im in. Same with Cancun and NO ONE can do anythinf about that.

Having said that if there is a 3 way tie between me Cuba and Ivory Coast,  If Ivory Coast beats Cuba,  It comes down to vote totals.  I'd be a little surprised if that scenario presents itself.

Just now, bcb1213 said:

I would be almost equally as perplexed if he said the same thing about the Jets

We just saw the Bengals make the Super Bowl last year?

Cleveland in the last 6-7 years won the NBA finals AND made the World Series. 

i think that mindset is easily dispatched.

Speaking of which, the Jets themselves are….. no longer a bad team. With an elite rookie in Sauce Gardner.

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

You losing only makes it easier for me to make the playoffs.  You forget, i literally now hold a head to head tie over Cancun.

I don’t forget. This past weekend is still fresh. All we have to do is win once and watch you lose twice with some other factors happening.

• Like 1