BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, bcb1213 said:

Seeing how Flint's point differential is +68 and Lancaster is +13.  No there isn't 

The thing is it isn't Lancaster that would pass me but Ivory Coast who would have 5 division wins to my 3. I beat Ivory Coast H2H but Lancaster being in a 3-way tie would ignore my H2H victory.

6 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

The thing is it isn't Lancaster that would pass me but Ivory Coast who would have 5 division wins to my 3. I beat Ivory Coast H2H but Lancaster being in a 3-way tie would ignore my H2H victory.

I'm pretty sure divisional record only applies to teams in the same division 

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

We follow nfl tiebreaker order so whatever that is. 

NFL tiebreaker doesn't use divisions out of divisions (and we don't use their SOS/SOV) but I don't see that in the rules. It seems division record matters but I would assume in this case it would go by precedent and as a newbie I don't know it.

Edited by LAOJoe

Just now, Scoundrel said:
9 Cuba Smugglers Atlantic 6 6 0 6 86 78 8 4 2
10 Lancaster Werewolves Atlantic 6 6 0 6 84 81 3 3 3
11 Raleigh Firebirds Mid & West 6 6 0 6 82 88 -6 2 4

So Lancaster has more plus votes and division wins than Raleigh but Raleigh smashed them head to head here. Raleigh did not play Cuba. Cuba and Lancaster split wins but Cuba clearly has the more division wins and points for. Some I’m not sure how the tiebreakers are ordered if Raleigh is picking in the draft ahead of Lancaster it appears that head to head didn’t matter as much as votes for or division record?

8 hours ago, wwhickok said:

And 1-0-1 in our last 2 if you wanna play that game. The reality is, In the last 3 seasons, your team has beaten my team 1 time. 

So, Im not concerned. You talked a big game in the offseason about how my team was trash, It was the worst team in the division, I was going to finish dead last in the division and be one of the worst teams in the league.

But, In the last 4 seasons, One of the 2 same teams has won the division every time. Twice it has been me, Twice it was New Orleans. This year is my 2nd time in 4 years. After trying to warn you that my team wasn't as bad as you wanted to believe it was. So now here I am sitting as a division champ, Despite you emphatically saying that there was no chance in hrll it would happen. Just another example of you being wrong.

If you do play me next week you've caught an obvious lucky break, Because there is nothing I can do about the fact that Lamar Jackson was injured this week, My team is at an obvious disadvantage without a starting quarterback so you're essentially get a free win for the 3rd week in a row. 

WW: I'm going to put Blue on ignore because his writeup is mean

Also WW: I'm going to personally talk trash and insult your team in my "motivation section"

Also Also WW: Your team is hurt and overrated, but injuries are part of the game

Also Also Also WW: You're lucky Lamar is hurt and I'm a victim

If we play you next week and have a fully healthy defense, I'm going to absolutely relish my writeup. It's not personal, strictly business.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

So Lancaster has more plus votes and division wins than Raleigh but Raleigh smashed them head to head here. Raleigh did not play Cuba. Cuba and Lancaster split wins but Cuba clearly has the more division wins and points for. Some I’m not sure how the tiebreakers are ordered if Raleigh is picking in the draft ahead of Lancaster it appears that head to head didn’t matter as much as votes for or division record?

But now if I remember it’s not reflected in the book for whatever reason but the draft order between those three was this before trades so I’m guessing the head to head had to count there.

6. Lancaster
7. Raleigh
8. Cuba

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

But now if I remember it’s not reflected in the book for whatever reason but the draft order between those three was this before trades so I’m guessing the head to head had to count there.

6. Lancaster
7. Raleigh
8. Cuba

Yeah, we've said before how the workbook can't accurately reflect all of the tiebreakers so the order in the workbook isn't what you should go on, it's just where you should look for the info that is used for the tiebreakers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Yeah, we've said before how the workbook can't accurately reflect all of the tiebreakers so the order in the workbook isn't what you should go on, it's just where you should look for the info that is used for the tiebreakers.

Either way, the division win order is the same as the points order so it can't be used as an example. We just need to know if division record matters in tiebreakers for teams out of division. I assume it does but I don't know.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Bet Mike could do it. The draft order isn’t accurate in it either shouldn’t that be the place where we could look?