BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Which are all smart moves in a vacuum, even though the picks didn't really pan out for the most part.

What I mean is that, for as valuable as the QB position is in the NFL, his impact on the game does not equal that of a LeBron James or Giannis Antetokounmpo. On top of that, football is a slower-paced game where scheme and coaching matters more on a play-to-play basis (at least IMO).

Obviously, you need talent to be successful in any sport, but I don't think there's any major US sport that has it easier than the NFL in acquiring that talent without having top draft capital. Teams like the Packers, Ravens, and Steelers routinely land elite players while drafting outside the top 20, let alone the top 5. Meanwhile, Detroit landed three top-2 players in 4 years at important positions, had every single one of them meet if not exceed expectations, and struggled to barely make the playoffs let alone win a playoff game with them.

All you need in MLB is the most money so i disagree with the last part

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Everybody point at Rack and call him a bandwagon fan

2850sn.jpg

My dad grew up in South Carolina (also a major ****hole, at least where he grew up) before they had a team. He said in the 70s it was only the Steelers and Cowboys on TV so he picked one. And then I was raised in it. I've moved around my whole life when I was younger too so I never had an area I considered "home" until my fandom was already set in place.

• Like 3

Just now, MWil23 said:

63ogi3.jpg

@rackcs my man, I love you, and what I'm about to do to you isn't personal. I'm actively encouraging @Jlash to practice as well. 

As always, this is in good fun, and I encourage you to throw meme stones at me at any time! :) 

You've been a Browns fan your whole life, I think you've had enough stones thrown at you

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Guys still have to hit the market, though!

But your point is well taken.

in MLB if a guy doesn't like where he's drafted(mainly the money he'll make per slot), he just goes to college instead of coming out of high school and tries again in a few years

• Like 1