BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well one assumes the majority of his picks this year will go towards offense. No TE on roster right now, one of the worst starting QBs in BDL, committee at running back, huge issues at tackle and center.

He can shark tank it and grab Jimmy G or Jameis Winston. Good luck w such a strategy.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Does our cap already reflect the rookie contracts projected?

No.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

QB: Patrick Mahomes.

@Bluealso took it personally based on the talent he devoted to the offense but it looks like things are changing this year.

Oh yeah because it was just because of Mahomes that we won those last three games of the season

Just now, MD4L said:

He can shark tank it and grab Jimmy G or Jameis Winston. Good luck w such a strategy.

You say that like either of them are a better option than Hurts.

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well one assumes the majority of his picks this year will go towards offense. No TE on roster right now, one of the worst starting QBs in BDL, committee at running back, huge issues at tackle and center.

Lancaster is basically in a rebuild year. I'd assume he assumes he will be picking very high in the 2023 draft, making QB a high priority.

• Like 2

Just now, Blue said:

No.

Oh yeah because it was just because of Mahomes that we won those last three games of the season

You say that like either of them are a better option than Hurts.

I’d say you guys are one of the favorites this year. @MWil23 gameplans were bomb and another year for guys like Elijah Moore and that OL to develop should yield massive dividends.

• Like 2

Just now, wwhickok said:

Lancaster is basically in a rebuild year. I'd assume he assumes he will be picking very high in the 2023 draft, making QB a high priority.

While defense doesn’t win you games, it’s more likely he’s going to be picking 5-9 next year. Elite defense w those salaries can Pittsburgh Steelers the situation.

Just now, MD4L said:

While defense doesn’t win you games, it’s more likely he’s going to be picking 5-9 next year. Elite defense w those salaries can Pittsburgh Steelers the situation.

While that's true, Jalen Hurts or even a marginally better QB, isn't gonna win a lot of games. On paper right now (and a lot will change with it between now and then) that offense is probably a 3 win team at best because of the QB situation. Tbf same can probably be said about a Zach Wilson led offense.

I think its less that defense doesn't win games in this league than the fact that people look heavily at offense being able to sustain some level of competency. 

I would enjoy a scenario where there's more emphasis on actual BDL roster makeup on both sides of the ball rather than an emphasis of NFL individual success alone. I understand the NFL creates a baseline for player quality to an extent but I think the BDL situation of said players matters more than some people (seemingly) acknowledge. 

• Like 2

And I agree, even as a divisional rival, @MWil23 's defensive writeups are very enjoyable to read. Honestly I can learn from them as well as the fact they push me to continue to improve my ability to write a quality defensive gameplan. He clearly enjoys doing them, puts a ton of work into them. It's gonna help a lot having a proper defense to support them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Same here Ruskie. You got a couple outlets for extra 3Ds should you need them. I have literally no one to use my last one on.

tbh I don't think he does, he's got some very obvious 3 Down candidates to clear space

• Like 1