BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

What’s the issue? 

The arm length. I’m a strong believer in 33” or higher. Kayvon meets the threshold. Not by much. Hutchinson’s arms are shorter than 5’11 Elvis Dumervil’s were. Jermaine has a nice 34” measurement. He’s looking better and better.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

The arm length. I’m a strong believer in 33” or higher. Kayvon meets the threshold. Not by much. Hutchinson’s arms are shorter than 5’11 Elvis Dumervil’s were. Jermaine has a nice 34” measurement. He’s looking better and better.

Figured it was the case. I tend to not be picky about DL arm length.

Jermaine will understandably be squarely on our radar.

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Better just reach on Travon Walker then. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Better just reach on Travon Walker then. 

Maybe Hutch blows apart the workouts and makes me reconsider the 33” rule. But there’s not many pass rushers successful under 33”. Vic Beasley was the last top 10 pass rusher drafted with under 33” and his arms were 32.5” and he had one year of 15.5 sacks and one of 8. Now other factors sure can play into it. But honestly as deep as this class is at edge Tackle is looking better and better at 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Maybe Hutch blows apart the workouts and makes me reconsider the 33” rule. But there’s not many pass rushers successful under 33”. Vic Beasley was the last top 10 pass rusher drafted with under 33” and his arms were 32.5” and he had one year of 15.5 sacks and one of 8. Now other factors sure can play into it. But honestly as deep as this class is at edge Tackle is looking better and better at 2.

This is why you’ve got 3 swings in the top 10.