BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Blue and Mwil right now having internal discussions about who they should take at 1 instead of Hamilton. Mwil stating his case for Travon Walker.

lol he did that yesterday

Anyways nothing that has happened at the Combine has changed who we're taking at 1

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

Is Blue only writing to himself?

sometimes, it feels that way

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You follow Blue on Twitter???

I don't think I've had a single tweet on a specific Notre Dame player in months, if not years

15 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

@MWil23 is Blue okay?

been out having dinner with parents while they're in town, saw Hamilton's poor 40 time. Still haven't seen it updated to an official time unless Hamilton is the only player whose unofficial 40 was the same as the official.

Still, it's not a bad time. Just means he's a guy you line up on tight ends, not the slot receiver.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Yeah I'm having a hard time believing so many guys are running 4.2 and 4.3 40's. Their stop watches must not be getting turned on in time or something... like.. half these dudes don't even look that fast. 

'official' has nothing to do with stop watches. But I agree. People are fast.

I don't buy the whole "fast track" guys are fudging numbers because I really didn't find the super skill positions overwhelming.

If you're telling me these are juiced up, be concerned about Kyle Hamiltons 4.6 and Treylon Burks 4.5  because that means those boys are slow.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

lol he did that yesterday

Anyways nothing that has happened at the Combine has changed who we're taking at 1

sometimes, it feels that way

I don't think I've had a single tweet on a specific Notre Dame player in months, if not years

been out having dinner with parents while they're in town, saw Hamilton's poor 40 time. Still haven't seen it updated to an official time unless Hamilton is the only player whose unofficial 40 was the same as the official.

Still, it's not a bad time. Just means he's a guy you line up on tight ends, not the slot receiver.

Watch his 40.  Dude was weaving like he'd just downed a handle of tequila.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Watch his 40.  Dude was weaving like he'd just downed a handle of tequila.

yeah, I didn't get to see it because no TVs had the Combine on. I assume he'll run again at the Pro Day and improve his number.

8 minutes ago, RedGold said:

This.  Was disappointed Joseph and Pitre avoided the 40.   Those were the 2 I really questioned top speed.  

I was disappointed that my boy Darrian Beavers didn't run his 40 but his 3 cone matches the "freak" Kyle Hamilton at 20 lbs heavier so I'm confident.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

I was disappointed that my boy Darrian Beavers didn't run his 40 but his 3 cone matches the "freak" Kyle Hamilton at 20 lbs heavier so I'm confident.

Beavers transitions in the LB drills looked a lot better than I expected. 
Also shoutout to the coaches running those LB drills, wish all the positions had that same intensity. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

That Sam Houston State Corner

4.33 40, 3.94 SS, 6.48 3 cone at 6’2 199 

Yeah I’m not buying all these numbers friends

Why? Because of his school? Silly reasoning. Don't tell me you have Sam Houston St. tape.

• Like 2