BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Welcome to Cuba, Maxx Crosby!

This class is filled with quality edge rush candidates but getting an all pro level talent  who will be 25 week 1 was too tempting to pass. Excited to pair him with Gary giving us a cornerstone of talent at the position for the next several years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Welcome to Cuba, Maxx Crosby!

This class is filled with quality edge rush candidates but getting an all pro level talent  who will be 25 week 1 was too tempting to pass. Excited to pair him with Gary giving us a cornerstone of talent at the position for the next several years.

I thought about matching still. I almost did but honestly, I don't think he lives up to his contract. None the less congrats on your acquisition. 

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Thanks.  That makes a lot of sense.  Shes around the age where kids start to notice differences, hence my question.  I figured you got out in front of it, and showing pictures is a really good idea.

Mara doesn't have anything noticeable right now, but I think every little girl struggles with appearance and self esteem.

No doubt. In my experience kids just ask blunt and insensitive questions like “why did you have a hole in your mouth” because they’re curious as opposed to being malicious. Granted, middle school will be here eventually. Like you said, girls especially struggle with beauty and body issues/self awareness.

I am not just saying this because I’m their father, but I’ve got 3 beautiful daughters who fortunately for them and terrifyingly for me, are probably going to look beautiful as young women. 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I thought about matching still. I almost did but honestly, I don't think he lives up to his contract. None the less congrats on your acquisition. 

As we’ve seen, insane BDL contracts can be moved pretty easily. Plus the cap jumps massively next year so this deal will look better once Nick Bosa, Chase Young, etc get signed in the coming years.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

As we’ve seen, insane BDL contracts can be moved pretty easily. Plus the cap jumps massively next year so this deal will look better once Nick Bosa, Chase Young, etc get signed in the coming years.

It might. Congrats to you on it. I did what was in my teams best interest knowing who I have to extend next year. 

Moving big contracts easily... I think that depends on the owner. I mean you're not wrong, I've had no issues doing it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

It might. Congrats to you on it. I did what was in my teams best interest knowing who I have to extend next year. 

Moving big contracts easily... I think that depends on the owner. I mean you're not wrong, I've had no issues doing it.

We are well equipped with cash this off-season. I believe Redgold and bcb’s teams are close to us in cap right now. Redgold’s got almost $22k in cap space committed to picks, and Bcb hasn’t resigned anybody nor 3 downed them.

So all things considered, we thought this was a safe way to vastly upgrade the edge with a guy in relative age group to what’s coming in the draft. 

And pick 1.8 will also help us add talent and/or value to the team for the draft.

And @MD4L I'm not trying to do one of those things where I diss a guy I lost. I looked at Burns, Chinn, and possibly a decision between Murphy and Mullen and thought, is it smart to invest 16k into an edge? I don't have the WR Depth other teams do, might have to rework a QB down the road, etc  even with the cap going up, I'm already skirting the cap this season. It was purely a financial based decision. Where as you've done better in the draft, you've gotta more cap, it makes sense for your team.

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

And @MD4L I'm not trying to do one of those things where I diss a guy I lost. I looked at Burns, Chinn, and possibly a decision between Murphy and Mullen and thought, is it smart to invest 16k into an edge? I don't have the WR Depth other teams do, might have to rework a QB down the road, etc  even with the cap going up, I'm already skirting the cap this season. It was purely a financial based decision. Where as you've done better in the draft, you've gotta more cap, it makes sense for your team.

Yup we’ve got the QB in place (there’s things unknown with him of course) but we’ve got the cornerstone talent. It’s a practical matter of building around him which makes a 25 (for week 1) 2nd team all pro such an appealing addition.

6 minutes ago, MD4L said:

We are well equipped with cash this off-season. I believe Redgold and bcb’s teams are close to us in cap right now. Redgold’s got almost $22k in cap space committed to picks, and Bcb hasn’t resigned anybody nor 3 downed them.

So all things considered, we thought this was a safe way to vastly upgrade the edge with a guy in relative age group to what’s coming in the draft. 

And pick 1.8 will also help us add talent and/or value to the team for the draft.

For sure, talent wise this was absolutely worth the risk for a team in your financial standing imo. For me, I've gotta try to scale back on the influx of cap requirements and try to hit better in the draft. If we can do that then perhaps the team can eventually return to being a contender in a few seasons.

Couldn’t help it. Too excited!

Got the first draft of my big board basically done last night. It is April I suppose.

There will definitely be a refined version coming though. Can probably only trust the order of my top 2 rounds right now.

1 minute ago, RTTRUTH said:

Couldn’t help it. Too excited!

Got the first draft of my big board basically done last night. It is April I suppose.

There will definitely be a refined version coming though. Can probably only trust the order of my top 2 rounds right now.

Send it to me