BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

12 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Naw. RedGold came to me about trading down and I think Pheltz was still owner and in 2020 he wanted two firsts to go from 8 to 7... so why would I even try that? I got a much better deal for 2.

I don't believe you because you came to us about trading to 3 before making that deal with RedGold.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't believe you because you came to us about trading to 3 before making that deal with RedGold.

Why would I lie about that? I talked to everyone but pheltz. Red Gold and I got no where and he came back to me at a later date and said he would be willing to trade down. Recently I thought it would be cool to have pick 1 three years in a row that wasn’t my original thought in moving up no. But in my recent ask to you about 1 it was. 

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

Why would I lie about that? I talked to everyone but pheltz. Red Gold and I got no where and he came back to me at a later date and said he would be willing to trade down. Recently I thought it would be cool to have pick 1 three years in a row that wasn’t my original thought in moving up no. But in my recent ask to you about 1 it was. 

Oh, I 100% believe you didn't talk to Pheltz because he had already stepped down at that point. I know that because we messaged Whicker about No. 1 almost immediately after you traded up to 2.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Davante Parker stock up? 

If you believe Devante Parker will A) stay healthy or B) not be a total bust like every other receiver NE has traded for since Randy Moss/Wes Welker, sure.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Oh, I 100% believe you didn't talk to Pheltz because he had already stepped down at that point. I know that because we messaged Whicker about No. 1 almost immediately after you traded up to 2.

And my original interest was sent out when Pheltz owned the team. I got no where with any talks so I stopped trying and red gold came back to me later 

Just now, Scoundrel said:

And my original interest was sent out when Pheltz owned the team. I got no where with any talks so I stopped trying and red gold came back to me later 

So you did talk to Pheltz. Thought you just said you didn't?

5 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Why would I lie about that? I talked to everyone but pheltz.

The Big Comfy Couch Liar GIF

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Actually I may have reached out to pheltz and he said he was staying put I don’t think I have that message anymore 

oh don't say that I love the gif I found and now's it all a waste

I definitely started the trade down from 2 talks.  Didn’t think the Top 5 picks in this draft would be valued as high after the off-season events,   I think it still works out well for what both teams wanted. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

If you believe Devante Parker will A) stay healthy or B) not be a total bust like every other receiver NE has traded for since Randy Moss/Wes Welker, sure.

In terms of talent, Parker isn't a bust. Hr is actually very good.

His issue is he can't stay healthy