BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

3 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

This is why I can't stand Tomatoes. Canned way to many as a kid.

Thankfully we made canned tomato soup that was awesome as opposed to just tomatoes.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

My point being I can’t afford to have the land to have what Mwil has.

$35,000 for 2 acres back in 2019. Today it would be at least double that. We really made out well in this crazy market.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Thankfully we made canned tomato soup that was awesome as opposed to just tomatoes.

$35,000 for 2 acres back in 2019. Today it would be at least double that. We really made out well in this crazy market.

Wish I had invested in land earlier,  just bought a 3 bedroom for 85k last year.  It needs a ton of work but Is on an acre lot with only 1 neighbor .  

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, Jlash said:

People should bid on more RFA's

I just think with a lot of people being cash strapped this year it was going to be harder than normal to bid. I thought about bidding on a few guys but just didn't think I'd be able to overpay enough to actually get them while also not killing my cap. Wynn being a great example of that.

18 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Mock me Sideways

1.1 Cancun- Derek Stingley Jr CB LSU
1.2 Anchorage- Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM
1.3- Gotham- Sauce Gardner CB Cincinnati 
1.4- Antarctica- Kayvon Thibodeaux Edge Oregon
1.5 Rome- Travon Walker Edge UGA
1.6- Anchorage- Kyle Hamilton S ND
1.7 Anchorage- Evan Neal OT Bama
1.8 Cuba- Jordan Davis INT UGA
1.9 Anchorage- Ikem Ekwonu OT NC State
1.10 Berlin- Garrett Wilson WR OSU
1.11 Raleigh- George Karlaftis Edge Purdue
1.12 Seoul- Drake London WR USC
1.13 Camden- Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson
1.14 Camden- Jermaine Johnson ll Edge FSU
1.15 Seoul- Daxton Hill S/NB UM
1.16 Berlin- Trent McDuffie CB UW

16 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My first Ever Mock

1.1 Cancun- Kyle Hamilton S ND

Blue on draft day be like …..

1.2 Anchorage- Aidan Hutchinson Edge UM

1.3- Gotham- Trevon Walker EDGE UGA

Gotham trying to fix that roster 

1.4- Antarctica- Sauce Gardner CB Cincy

Scoundrel if this mock comes true 

1.5 Rome- Evan Neal OT Alabama

1.6- Anchorage- Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE Oregon

1.7 Anchorage- Icky Ekwonu OT NC State

1.8 Cuba- Jordan Davis INT UGA

1.9 Anchorage- Treylon Burks WR Arkansas 

1.10 Berlin- Derek Stingley CB LSU

1.11 Raleigh- Garrett Wilson WR OSU

1.12 Seoul- Jermaine Johnson EDGE FSU 

RedGold’s edge room be like 

1.13 Camden- Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson

WRs vs Camden without more CB’s

1.14 Camden- Tyler Lindenbaum C Iowa

Gotta upgrade that middle 

1.15 Seoul- Drake London WR USC 

Seoul’s current pass game 

1.16 Berlin- Chris Olave WR OSU

2.1?

Lets Go Come On Man GIF by filmeditor

18 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve never been on a cruise, but having been on 2 all inclusive trips, I’m all about that. No time restraints, everything paid for up front, you get there and throw everything in the safe and spend the rest of the week relaxing. Shuttle to and from the airport, and when I go again I’m spending the extra money on eat in 24 hour room service and potentially a room with a view.

Went on my first cruise this past winter break and it was incredible. I went with my girlfriend's family after her sister got rona last minute and couldn't go. Her dad has a really nice job and lots of connections and knew someone high up in the cruise line we used and it was amazing, we got legit VIP treatment. We didn't have to wait in any lines to get off the ship, we had fruits and treats and stuff delivered to our room free of charge. We got invited to actually dine with the captain. It was an incredible experience. Plus it was half capacity due to coronavirus so the ship was not overcrowded. Literally one of the best weeks of my life.

8 hours ago, RedGold said:

Wish I had invested in land earlier,  just bought a 3 bedroom for 85k last year.  It needs a ton of work but Is on an acre lot with only 1 neighbor .  

I've given up on home ownership for the time being. Where I live basically anything that's not a complete and total ****hole is at least $500k+. And that's just for a pretty average single family home or townhouse with a moderate amount of work to be done. No offense to you current homeowners but I hope the bubble pops soon.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

No offense to you current homeowners but I hope the bubble pops soon.

None taken, me too. I am hoping to break into real estate and start purchasing and fixing up some rentals. I live in a college town (small college town, really cool tbh) and the need for affordable and quality housing for students is a real thing, plus I can make some money on the side too.

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

@rackcs low key though I have no idea how anyone in your phase of life can afford a house in this market. It's a joke. Sorry man.

Yeah, it sucks. I was looking at houses starting like the month before corona hit. There were some decent options out there. Prices were still high but not outrageous. Then corona hit and my realtor literally ghosted me and I was dealing with trying to adjust to quarantine life so I decided to put things on hold. Then prices just kept going up and up. 

Luckily my girlfriend just finished up her master's and is starting the job hunt and she's likely going to make decent money with what she's doing. So we plan on renting an apartment together for a year or two while saving up and then seeing what the market is like. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I've given up on home ownership for the time being. Where I live basically anything that's not a complete and total ****hole is at least $500k+. And that's just for a pretty average single family home or townhouse with a moderate amount of work to be done. No offense to you current homeowners but I hope the bubble pops soon.

Yeah Kansas isn’t that bad.   It’s a crazy market right now, but definitely on the low end.   I settled for a **** hole,  but it has potential.  Plan is to fix it up over the next 5 years and move to something better when the market is more normal.