BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, rackcs said:

Honestly man, I'm not gonna get upset at whickkok for not scouring the depth chart threads and researching every player on every roster. He's doing this for fun and to promote discussion. I don't agree with all of the rankings and I'm sure even he would admit his rankings aren't perfect. I normally disagree when wwhickok says people are attacking him unfairly but I see it in this case. Instead of getting pissed at him for ranking your guys lower than you think they should be, how about you actually discuss it and say why you think your guys should be higher? Or better yet, do your own rankings. Stop getting pissed at a guy for using his free time to do something fun that's supposed to start discussion.

Thank you.  More so, everyone is welcome to do their own rankings. It's really hard to figure out who should be where. I don't go into these things thinking, hey imma disrespect these guys.. I do the best I can, I look at stats, I look at reference sites, and I try my best to average out the overall group rankings per team. It isn't as easy as it sounds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Thank you.  More so, everyone is welcome to do their own rankings. It's really hard to figure out who should be where. I don't go into these things thinking, hey imma disrespect these guys.. I do the best I can, I look at stats, I look at reference sites, and I try my best to average out the overall group rankings per team. It isn't as easy as it sounds.

I know that this stuff takes work, it takes me time and effort to do the mock drafts I do so maybe I appreciate that stuff more than most. Mostly it just comes down to there's an appropriate and inappropriate way to disagree with the rankings. Despite the heated nature of last night I don't think Blue was out of line. He's just kind of an ******* so that's how he communicates but I don't think it was over the line or anything. But "do some research"? Come one man, this is supposed to be fun. I agree that Brian Allen was very underrated in the ranking but you don't have to be a **** about it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Honestly man, I'm not gonna get upset at whickkok for not scouring the depth chart threads and researching every player on every roster. He's doing this for fun and to promote discussion. I don't agree with all of the rankings and I'm sure even he would admit his rankings aren't perfect. I normally disagree when wwhickok says people are attacking him unfairly but I see it in this case. Instead of getting pissed at him for ranking your guys lower than you think they should be, how about you actually discuss it and say why you think your guys should be higher? Or better yet, do your own rankings. Stop getting pissed at a guy for using his free time to do something fun that's supposed to start discussion.

Everyone point and laugh at Rack for trading a bunch of high quality assets to Scoundrel for about the 28th best QB in the NFL who plays in a loaded AFC in the QB realm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Everyone point and laugh at Rack for trading a bunch of high quality assets to Scoundrel for about the 28th best QB in the NFL who plays in a loaded AFC in the QB realm.

I mean yeah he's not the best QB right now but you can't just take his potential out of the equation.

Plus I know for a fact that someone else was offering the exact same trade so that was the going price. Didn't want to have to tie myself to any of the QBs in this class as I felt like none of them had the combination of floor/upside that Lawrence has.

Edited by rackcs
  • Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

I know that this stuff takes work, it takes me time and effort to do the mock drafts I do so maybe I appreciate that stuff more than most. Mostly it just comes down to there's an appropriate and inappropriate way to disagree with the rankings. Despite the heated nature of last night I don't think Blue was out of line. He's just kind of an ******* so that's how he communicates but I don't think it was over the line or anything. But "do some research"? Come one man, this is supposed to be fun. I agree that Brian Allen was very underrated in the ranking but you don't have to be a **** about it.

I think with Blue, it really just comes down to, he and I always get into it every now and then and we curse at each other and move on. 

But, I can tell you that rhe first set of rankings I did last night took 3.5 hrs. I was on a multitude of sites looking at rankings, 2021 statistical performances, actual NFL depth charts from 2021 to see where people were playing vs where they were listed in the workbooks. Sometimes I have oversights. Like not moving Leatherood to Guard or forgetting to add Donte Jackson to Berlins CBs which made a significant rank difference. 

I do try to get there quirks sorted out before posting them and I actually appreciate when you guys point them out. I also appreciate the discussion that comes with them but... yes the "Do Research" comment.. I'll be honest with you, it's **** like that which has me questioning if I want to keep being an owner beyond the upcoming season.  My wife at time gets frustrated because I'm on my phone so much. Doing these rankings takes away from family time. You assumed I didn't do research or maybe you assumed me saying that I listed them as what they were listed at on the workbooks was a shot at you, it wasn't.  

But in the process of writing this post I went and counted, I visited 47 websites (32 of them being team depth charts via ESPN) 12 others for rankings, stats, and reviews to do research last night.

8 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I mean yeah he's not the best QB right now but you can't just take his potential out of the equation.

I know that I shouldn't, and I definitely won't, but I can absolutely make fun of you now, mainly because I can, I love you, and I'm bored.

Plus I know for a fact that someone else was offering the exact same trade so that was the going price.

"If your best friend jumped off a bridge..."

Didn't want to have to tie myself to any of the QBs in this class as I felt like none of them had the combination of floor/upside that Lawrence has.

That's 100% a fair take, I just am skeptical and scared of all things JAX and their inability to develop...well...anyone.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I know that I shouldn't, and I definitely won't, but I can absolutely make fun of you now, mainly because I can, I love you, and I'm bored.

"If your best friend jumped off a bridge..."

That's 100% a fair take, I just am skeptical and scared of all things JAX and their inability to develop...well...anyone.

I accept the mockery. And that was really my only hold up was the Jaguars thing but I thought Pederson was a great hire for Lawrence. Of course Baalke is still there and their terrible free agent spending spree took away some of the hope I had that Pederson would be able to turn things around.

• Like 1

Just now, rackcs said:

I accept the mockery. And that was really my only hold up was the Jaguars thing but I thought Pederson was a great hire for Lawrence. Of course Baalke is still there and their terrible free agent spending spree took away some of the hope I had that Pederson would be able to turn things around.

The biggest FA spending I had an issue with tbh is that horrible Christian Kirk contract. 

Just now, rackcs said:

On the plus side, maybe they overpay for someone like Hollywood Brown next season?

Just now, wwhickok said:

The biggest FA spending I had an issue with tbh is that horrible Christian Kirk contract. 

That was obviously the worst one but I think they overpaid for a bunch of mid players. Kirk, Jones, Engram. Oluokun is an ok player but I think they overpaid for him too. Scherff is very good but has injury issues. Fatukasi was fine though. Just think they spent a massive amount of money to only barely upgrade the roster.

Just now, MWil23 said:

On the plus side, maybe they overpay for someone like Hollywood Brown next season?

No thanks, I'd prefer they target good receivers

Shots fired at Berlin

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

Ok legit question so where on tbe RB list would he fall in YOUR mind since he should be listed? Because for all this receiving acumen, he played double the snaps of a guy like David Johnson and the same amount of catches. So does he go like tiers below Johnson since his involvement is so low? Or does he get points for just being out there?

I already said I didn't have an issue with where my team was ranked, just wanted to be clear on why he wasn't including guys who ought to have been included.