BDL Discussion Thread 2022

Jlash

Just now, MD4L said:

Love you Rags.

I would be all in for a BDL co-owner but it has been hard finding the guy. We could definitely use another one and will need one come regular season.

Love you too.

I'm keeping an eye out in CMD and in fantasy football. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Btw the answer to the question of who is gonna hold up the draft is Cancun.

Sources close to Cancun have indicated the Blue and MWil have arrived at a consensus on their pick at #1, should no one make an offer to them by the time they are on the clock come draft day.

Other sources close to Cancun have indicated that they'd still prefer a trade back, and literally everyone else in the league is to blame for holding up the draft since they've gotten insufficient returns for the #1 overall pick, despite showing a willingness to trade said pick for 95 cents on the dollar.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Oh I believe it. I expect at least a full day to go by while you desperately wait for someone to offer a kings ransom for the pick only to be forced to make the pick anyway.

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Blue, don't read this!

You have to remember, blue likes to talk like this but won't carry it all the way through cause he's less of a ****** than he likes to pretend to be.  Just play along and he'll pick quicker than you expect.

I've officially decided not to submit the draft pick until the last second because I feel slighted as though you all think so less of me as to really not know just how infuriatingly petty and stubborn that I can be.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Gonna go tell the fiance how little you think of Puerto Rican food.

Truthfully, I've never had it. Being close minded on food on a scale of 0 to Hitler is a solid Boss Tweed though. I'd love to try it sometime.

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

How are these related

It's simple:

Our best ally at the #1 overall selection is TIME. There's only one #1 overall pick and 1 guarantee of getting "their guy" at that spot. By wanting us to rush that decision and start the draft and/or by having us telegraph that pick is literally driving the value of that pick down.

It's basic supply and demand draftonomics with a timing component.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It's simple:

Our best ally at the #1 overall selection is TIME. There's only one #1 overall pick and 1 guarantee of getting "their guy" at that spot. By wanting us to rush that decision and start the draft and/or by having us telegraph that pick is literally driving the value of that pick down.

It's basic supply and demand draftonomics with a timing component.

No one is going to acquire it though my guy unless it’s me. I had interest for Trevor from three teams right off the bat.

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

No one is going to acquire it though my guy unless it’s me. 

I guess we'll see given the time that we have left until then

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I had interest for Trevor from three teams right off the bat.

Who is to say no one else has inquired about it, or that no one else will inquire about it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I guess we'll see given the time that we have left until then

Who is to say no one else has inquired about it, or that no one else will inquire about it?

No one is going to acquire it and I’ll be proven correct the morning of Monday the 18th.

3 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I inquired and was told 2.1 was too far to drop. If everyone here "inquires" about the 1st overall pick and is turned down then they no longer can blame us for not making offers for the pick.

Hey pickle offered me a 7th to go from 4 to 2 maybe he will go up to 1...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I've officially decided not to submit the draft pick until the last second because I feel slighted as though you all think so less of me as to really not know just how infuriatingly petty and stubborn that I can be.

Actually you're the only person in Cancun thinks of at all. 

I mean if anyone at this point were willing to give you the ransom you're probably looking for in return for that pick, I think it would have already happened. 

Part of me thinks you guys traded from 3 to 1 In hopes of getting a larger value back In a bigger trade back and that gamble does not appear to have paid off.