Giants GM Dave Gettleman planning to retire; Joe Judge likely... NOT SO FAST!!!

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

It's important that we note that Judge is not entirely safe yet. When he is announced as the coach for 2022 by the new GM, then he will be safe.

Joe Schoen is the front runner (supposedly) right now for this GM job. He could very well want to bring Brian Daboll with him as his HC. The Giants statement noted that they will give the GM full authority to make that decision. So Judge could be staying, and it looks that way right now, but it is still possible he is gone.

Well, at absolute best, he is pretty far from the first coach fired.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

xD

I will never understand people choosing to make fun of Dave Gettleman for wearing a mask in a room with a camera operator and an assistant while being a 70 year old man who had just beaten cancer during a global pandemic instead of literally any of the stupid moves or public comments he made as GM of the Giants.

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I will never understand people choosing to make fun of Dave Gettleman for wearing a mask in a room with a camera operator and an assistant while being a 70 year old man who had just beaten cancer during a global pandemic instead of literally any of the stupid moves or public comments he made as GM of the Giants.

That does make sense if he had the two comorbidities and there were strangers in the room.  I guess I was picturing him sitting by himself in front of a computer monitor with a camera mounted on it.  I take back my laugh.  Fair enough?

• Like 1

My thoughts on Judge go without saying, so I'll refer you to someone who's a little more articulate:

I get that Mara doesn't want to make the organization look bad by firing coaches every two years, but that is the least of our worries. If your head coach sucks pond water and is completely out of his depth, keeping him on for a superfluous third year isn't going to change that. We need to drop this loser and move on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

My thoughts on Judge go without saying, so I'll refer you to someone who's a little more articulate:

I get that Mara doesn't want to make the organization look bad by firing coaches every two years, but that is the least of our worries. If your head coach sucks pond water and is completely out of his depth, keeping him on for a superfluous third year isn't going to change that. We need to drop this loser and move on.

Hey, another clown sighting!  :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

That does make sense if he had the two comorbidities and there were strangers in the room.  I guess I was picturing him sitting by himself in front of a computer monitor with a camera mounted on it.  I take back my laugh.  Fair enough?

You do you man. Just adding context.

• Like 1