Mass Effect Mafia - GAME OVER! The Reapers are defeated!

Whicker

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I mean, he's claiming a big lump of N2 points, that he can't explain the origin of.  Which kind of seems plausible.  But is clearly the result of some sort of funny business.  Which sounds a bit on the scummy side, but could be some sort of redirect byproduct.  The issue with that though, is that he's also essentially claiming he has redirect powers.  So there'd be a lot of redirecting and point stealing and whatnot going around.  Still entirely plausible, but eh...

As far as I can tell, no town based player has claimed a point steal. Orca's ability is kind of a redirect, except it switches the targets of two people. There have been people that claimed to be sent to other places. I don't have time to find the people who claimed to go to "the wrong place", however in this situation, TK3 is claiming to not have been redirected and to just have failed to target Mwil.

Just now, Tugboat said:

Kind of a wild rabbit hole to go down, and i probably shouldn't...But is it possible that Pickle the Human Reaper Larvae was a convert?  As in...a human character converted to a human reaper?  Would that have been mentioned in the obit?  Seems like it might not be.

Probably a dumb notion.  But i'm gonna throw it out there, while we're in the business of trying to game out how many scum there might be.

I think that requires too much belief in coincidence. They convert pickle n1 and just happen to swap points between wolf and pickle? I get what you're saying, but that's crazy coincidental.

It still creates a problem with TK ostensibly bussing a teammate (which is rare in and of itself) and then not coaching wolf to avoid the pickle connection and conversion is really the only way tk as scum makes sense without a huge leap

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Given the rigidity of Whicker's previously hosted games, think I'm going to bow out of the conversion angle for now. May entertain it again, but given TK's help in uncovering wolf, that's really the only way it makes sense he is scum. 

If I'm not going to entertain the conversion angle, I'm not going to vote him

The only other possibility, would be scum trying to build up a strong town read guy, to yank actual town around on a wild goose chase.  But with the limited numbers we're probably talking about here...basically roasting 2 scum at once just to gain town cred seems like a losing play.

But yeah...conversion mechanic is seeming less likely to me in this game.  Despite it making oodles of sense from a subject matter perspective.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

Nope...just me screwing around to see who would say anything 

I have nothing right now that says what you are claiming isn't the truth. I will say that I have/had a strong town read on both you and TK3. It is interesting that you redirected people that targeted Nacho to the people that targetted MWil. Both players are not cleared in my mind. I may have redirected people that target Raves to lets say Gopher... if I had that ability, but thats just me.

Is there are reason you chose Mwil and Nacho?

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

The only other possibility, would be scum trying to build up a strong town read guy, to yank actual town around on a wild goose chase.  But with the limited numbers we're probably talking about here...basically roasting 2 scum at once just to gain town cred seems like a losing play.

But yeah...conversion mechanic is seeming less likely to me in this game.  Despite it making oodles of sense from a subject matter perspective.

Since we are also getting the powers of people in the autopsy, I think it makes more sense to target someone we believe would be scum from jump. 

If we find them, and they have an ability like "indoctrinate", we can really look hard at a conversion angle

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think that requires too much belief in coincidence. They convert pickle n1 and just happen to swap points between wolf and pickle? I get what you're saying, but that's crazy coincidental.

It still creates a problem with TK ostensibly bussing a teammate (which is rare in and of itself) and then not coaching wolf to avoid the pickle connection and conversion is really the only way tk as scum makes sense without a huge leap

Yeah.  True.  That doesn't really add up.  Just crossed my mind as a possibility with the conversion angle.  But definitely leaning toward any of that being unlikely.  This game already has enough other shenanigans and levels going on.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I think if the world of Mass Effect had it as a possibility we shouldn't right it off.

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

As far as I can tell, no town based player has claimed a point steal. Orca's ability is kind of a redirect, except it switches the targets of two people. There have been people that claimed to be sent to other places. I don't have time to find the people who claimed to go to "the wrong place", however in this situation, TK3 is claiming to not have been redirected and to just have failed to target Mwil.

I think i'm inclined to cut TK3 the benefit of the doubt on this over Orca.  Especially since i haven't been graced with an overabundance of information about how or why a move failed in this game.  I'm kind of willing to believe that is actually all the info TK3 got.

Whether that would mean Orca is scum trying to paint a target on him, or just going off the info he has...idk.  Don't have a read on that.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think if the world of Mass Effect had it as a possibility we shouldn't right it off.

I'd say it's more than a possibility in the world of Mass Effect...it's one of the central themes.  I think that's really the only reason Forge and i are even entertaining it really.  But it's just not seeming that likely with the numbers, unless it is a really heavy scum ratio because of all the powers floating around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Definitely not fully writing it off... But I feel like it sorts itself out with time. No reason to really push further into this particular angle unless you or someone else has additional info that points a finger at TK

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll reiterate my list:

Gopher, nacho, mwil, blue, forge

I cannot accurately give a list right now.

Only one I am fairly confident on is Gopher. I had you higher on the list than others and now that is pretty far from the case. I still have questions as it pertains to you, but I'll leave that for down the road.

I actually have a bunch of question marks for a lot of players left, so my tin foil hat is working hard.