Talent Acquisition and Separation

onejayhawk

57 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Not bad for an UDFA from KSU. 

If that is the market, we are not getting any frontline WR and the draft really does not compare to last year or the year before. Hill, Hardman, Gordon, and ??? We have Kemp, Dieter, the guys on PS including Powell but the cupboard looks kind of bare. 

In other news, the team officially non-tendered Chris Lammons. Do'D and Dan Sorenson are also unsigned, so our ST are looking downright bare even though Zane Anderson will be back. Maybe the four 7th round picks will contribute.

J

More worried about borderline starting positions right now.  Like 3rd Safety, pass rusher opposite Clark.  These guys also play ST.

1 hour ago, EMAW_KSU said:

More worried about borderline starting positions right now.  Like 3rd Safety, pass rusher opposite Clark.  These guys also play ST.

Third safety is one of several positions where bargain basement players are pencilled. It's a good point about being borderline starter. It's hard to say who will play more, the third S or the third LB. However, you are missing an actual starter. 

Opposite Clark we currently have Danna when we go 4-3. In a 3-4 set it will be Clark and Jones. In either case, who will play between them? Nnadi is unsigned. The top name on the depth chart Kahlen Saunders who has never played much. We need a two-gap DT more than any other position. 

J

20 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

If they get Watson, yes. If they don't, no, but that has far more to do with their lack of a QB than their salary cap situation.

To be fair, the last time Watson started a full season, the Texans went 4-12. I’m not sure the Saints team as a whole is more talented than that Texans team. Plus they lost Payton.

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Opposite Clark we currently have Danna when we go 4-3. In a 3-4 set it will be Clark and Jones. In either case, who will play between them? Nnadi is unsigned. The top name on the depth chart Kahlen Saunders who has never played much. We need a two-gap DT more than any other position. 

I agree with you, I’m just saying I’m more worried about those guys, who also play special teams than guess like DOD who rarely saw the field except on ST.  DT is a huge need, as is CB and I know we differ there.

3 hours ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I agree with you, I’m just saying I’m more worried about those guys, who also play special teams than guess like DOD who rarely saw the field except on ST.  DT is a huge need, as is CB and I know we differ there.

Not CB. We can always use talent, but CB is not a need position. Just not.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Not CB. We can always use talent, but CB is not a need position. Just not.

You and I aren’t going to agree on this.   I love Sneed, but after that I’m nervous and honestly Sneed could get called for about 50% more pass interference calls then he does.  I know we get zero pass rush and blah blah blah…guess what though, we haven’t improved that at all either so our guys are going to have to be able to cover.

We lost our CB1, we have not replaced said player with an improved, comparable or lesser player.  Thus a need.

1 hour ago, onejayhawk said:

I saw that article, but does that mean he’s on the books for 30m next year, or is reading too hard for me on Friday?

7 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I saw that article, but does that mean he’s on the books for 30m next year, or is reading too hard for me on Friday?

it's basically a one year deal with a rather easy out for the team if they want to cut ties after the season.

18 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

it's basically a one year deal with a rather easy out for the team if they want to cut ties after the season.

That’s kind of what I read.  Basically if he plays well we extend and spread next year’s money out, or cut with less dead money?