2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I couldn't remember.

Then what changed a few days ago where everyone said the likelihood of him getting traded was minimal?

I thought it had something to do with money

18m roster bonus is on the hook if Vikings dump him but it can be moved to another team or split it with that team if he is traded.  However, Vikings will pay Hunter a full 18m once he shows up in the training as a Vike.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The Moore and Davis duo is much better than given credit. Even Berrios is being underrated slightly. Biggest issue is health, which you can never anticipate.

Agreed. The health issue is such a big deal that drafting a WR at 10 is probably the most responsible thing to do. The Jets can get rid of Davis after this year with a minimal cap hit. And unlike OL, the rookie will play even if there are no health issues.  With the holes JD filled in FA, we can start looking at spending valuable draft picks on future replacements. 

10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The Moore and Davis duo is much better than given credit. Even Berrios is being underrated slightly. Biggest issue is health, which you can never anticipate.

My concern was not having a WR who can take on a CB1 from a good defense. But overall, it's a good enough group to compete with. Davis is a good #2, but has never been the one defenses had to focus on and succeeded. Moore had a great stretch, but no one knows how good he can be. He could be crowder 2.0, he could be Steve Smith 2.0. Who knows at this point. So I think everyone who was asking for a WR1 was hoping for someone like DK or Ridley that wouldn't disappear when playing good secondaries. 

I'm not against giving Moore a chance to be #1 and I'm not against Berrios starting. I've mentioned plenty of times I don't think we have to pick a WR in round 1. I'm just a little nervous because I'm relying on what I hope they can do vs what they have done. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

My concern was not having a WR who can take on a CB1 from a good defense. But overall, it's a good enough group to compete with. Davis is a good #2, but has never been the one defenses had to focus on and succeeded. Moore had a great stretch, but no one knows how good he can be. He could be crowder 2.0, he could be Steve Smith 2.0. Who knows at this point. So I think everyone who was asking for a WR1 was hoping for someone like DK or Ridley that wouldn't disappear when playing good secondaries. 

I'm not against giving Moore a chance to be #1 and I'm not against Berrios starting. I've mentioned plenty of times I don't think we have to pick a WR in round 1. I'm just a little nervous because I'm relying on what I hope they can do vs what they have done. 

I just don’t believe in the whole #1 CB #1 WR thing anymore. I’m more concerned with how an entire unit plays together. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

I just don’t believe in the whole #1 CB #1 WR thing anymore. I’m more concerned with how an entire unit plays together. 

For me, it depends on who the QB is. That worked great for Russell Wilson, Mac Jones, and Derek Carr, but you also see the difference is maked for those like Josh Allen, Tua and Kirk Cousins. We still don't know who Wilson is. For majority of the season, he wasn't the best QB on our roster. I do like what he did in that stretch, but can he improve well enough to win with the average group of WRs? Because of injuries, we don't know. 

I will say the "slot wr" position doesn't matter anymore because all the WRs will be in and out of it. 

23 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I will say the "slot wr" position doesn't matter anymore because all the WRs will be in and out of it. 

Except for Mims. I’m not even sure what a WR1 is. I have my definition and I’m sure others have theirs. I just want 3 good WR who can get open, catch the ball, and be available. Right now we have 2 that may or may not have health concerns. Just get another good WR and call it a day. That’s all we really need on O for 2022.