2022 Offseason and FA Talk

Bobby816

Just now, JetsandI said:

Maybe because Cowboys' OL was hit with serious injuries and the chemistry was messy.   Diligence is required here.

I would take 3rd round OL instead.

I wouldn't knock either plan honestly. I'm leaning towards 2nd/3rd round options right now, but I'm open to the potential of Williams and Daniels at OG. 

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I wouldn't knock either plan honestly. I'm leaning towards 2nd/3rd round options right now, but I'm open to the potential of Williams and Daniels at OG. 

Williams has exclusively played at LG.  Dunno if Jets pay him to play RG.  Corbett or Daniels is more appealing for Jets.

• Like 1

We can simply re-sign Duvernay-Tardif to play RG now, and draft his heir apparent. That would give the line some veteran leadership and a Super Bowl ring. I feel that is important with such a young team...especially with such a raw, unproven QB.

Speaking of which, I would definitely make the QB position a top off-season priority. Bring in someone who can take over if (when?) Wilson sucks *** again.

Bridgewater would be nice, though I wonder if he has any interest in a return to NYJ. Flacco and White are OK, but I would like someone better. Someone who would be considered a 1A-1B type. Andy Dalton?

2nd Round is going to be interesting for us bc there's a lot of guys we coached in the senior bowl that are prime for that area. Interested to see who we go after.

Tre McBride, Myjai Sanders, Zion Johnson, Perrion Winfrey, Christian Watson, Trevor Penning to name several. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

How many Offensive weapons does Zach Wilson and the Jets have right now @ WR + TE combined?

2? 

Yeah. Definitely need to get two decent players in those roles. However, you left out RB which in this O is a big deal. 

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

How many Offensive weapons does Zach Wilson and the Jets have right now @ WR + TE combined?

2? 

Technically speaking we have 0 offensive weapons. We just have some players we can be optimistic about. But actually 0 guys that teams really have to “account for”

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Technically speaking we have 0 offensive weapons. We just have some players we can be optimistic about. But actually 0 guys that teams really have to “account for”

Well by that logic, any WR, TE and RB we draft will still net us 0 weapons. Unless you propose we sign top FA’s in those area. 

15 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Jets have weapons.  WTF do you guys talk about?

They have guys projected to be weapons. 

Moore had flashes, but isn’t a guy scaring anyone YET

Carter had flashes, but isn’t a guy scaring anyone YET

Davis has to stay on the field to be considered a weapon. And after that we have nothing. TE room has no one. Backup RBs are average and the depth at WR shower is they scare anyone.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

They have guys projected to be weapons. 

Moore had flashes, but isn’t a guy scaring anyone YET

Carter had flashes, but isn’t a guy scaring anyone YET

Davis has to stay on the field to be considered a weapon. And after that we have nothing. TE room has no one. Backup RBs are average and the depth at WR shower is they scare anyone.

At least they are materialized as weapons.

Adding Glowinski and Allen Robinson to my interest list in free agency. 

Glowinski, Bars (played muiltple positions but did good as a RG), Daniels, Scherff (won't stop us from drafting someone), D.Adams, Godwin, Robinson, Shultz, OJ Howard, Njoku, Moe Alie-Cox, JC Jackson, Landry, Chandler Jones, Anthony Barr, Reddick, Malik Reed, Kwon Alexander, Levi Wallace, Witherspoon, Haden, Carlton davis, Jabril Peppers, and Tartt. 

On offense, guys don't have to be 25 or younger for me to be interested. I want guys that can at least be great for 3 years or be a good starter until our next draft pick at the position is ready to take over. It's nice to be able to draft someone in have them for the next 12 years, but sometimes you have to get the guy that can help your young QB short term that can help him get over the hump. Similar to when we signed Alan Faneca. He was 31, but played a huge part in the offense. Imagine doing that and Wilson proves he can be the guy. 

If we're not going to use a few picks from the top-3 rounds to help the defense, I definitely want to make some free agency moves. I would love to see 1-2 long term answers on defense we can build around in the future, but if we're going offense heavy again, I want the money to go towards defense. Can't expect Wilson to win and build confidence when he has to score 30+ a game to even compete. 

• Like 1