Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

LeBron is the most ball-dominant player in the league. And note that I didn't ask if CP3 could handle it. I know he could handle being Robin. I'm asking if Harden can at this point in his career. LeBron isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone. Can Harden play the sort of role he played in OKC again?

I'm also having a hard time figuring out how you keep Capela in this scenario?

It's one of those situations (like if he were to force his way to San Antonio) where LeBron would know what he was getting into before agreeing to go there.  But I agree, it'd be tough to see LeBron and Harden working.

It could theoretically work with Capela staying...they'd just have an astronomical tax bill.

I think Bamba is a smokescreen. I would bet my money on Ainge targeting Wendell Carter Jr.

Regardless, I think a fair deal would be:

PHX trades #16 for Terry Rozier

BOS trades Terry Rozier, SAC 19', MEM 19', LAC 19' for #5

DAL trades #5 for #16, SAC 19', MEM 19', LAC 19'

BOS resigns Smart to a 12M per deal. Drafts Mo Bamba (Personally think the target is Wendell but lets stick w/ Bamba). Draft a developmental combo guard or combo forward at #27

PG - Kyrie Irving (30) / Marcus Smart (18)

SG - Jaylen Brown (30) / Marcus Smart (10) / Semi Ojeleye (8)

SF - Gordon Hayward (30) / Jayson Tatum (16) / Semi Ojeleye (2)

PF - Jayson Tatum (14) / Marcus Morris (24) / Daniel Theis (10)

C - Al Horford (24) / Mo Bamba (20) / Daniel Theis (4)

That's a freaky team. 3pt shooting off the bench may be an issue though.

44 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think Bamba is a smokescreen. I would bet my money on Ainge targeting Wendell Carter Jr.

Regardless, I think a fair deal would be:

PHX trades #16 for Terry Rozier

BOS trades Terry Rozier, SAC 19', MEM 19', LAC 19' for #5

DAL trades #5 for #16, SAC 19', MEM 19', LAC 19'

BOS resigns Smart to a 12M per deal. Drafts Mo Bamba (Personally think the target is Wendell but lets stick w/ Bamba). Draft a developmental combo guard or combo forward at #27

PG - Kyrie Irving (30) / Marcus Smart (18)

SG - Jaylen Brown (30) / Marcus Smart (10) / Semi Ojeleye (8)

SF - Gordon Hayward (30) / Jayson Tatum (16) / Semi Ojeleye (2)

PF - Jayson Tatum (14) / Marcus Morris (24) / Daniel Theis (10)

C - Al Horford (24) / Mo Bamba (20) / Daniel Theis (4)

That's a freaky team. 3pt shooting off the bench may be an issue though.

Sorry, but no way Ainge gives up basically Rozier, Sac, Memphis and LAC's pic just for the number 5 pick.

But I do love Bamba, so hope something else can be done.

Sorry, but no way Ainge gives up basically Rozier, Sac, Memphis and LAC's pic just for the number 5 pick.

But I do love Bamba, so hope something else can be done.

That's what it would cost. If the picks were all top 3-5 protected only, they would have considerably more value. But look at the protections:

SAC 19 - Top 1 Protected

LAC 19 : 1-14 Protected 2019, 1-14 Protected 2020, converts to R2 pick in 2022- Basically, this picks can be no better than #15

MEM 19 - Top 1-8 Protected 2019, Top 1-6 Protected 2020, Unprotected 2021

So, taking that into account there are two picks that Boston owns with potentially elite value, the SAC and MEM picks. For a team to 'punt' a top 5 pick off a year, it will likely take both those picks. You can probably take the LAC pick out of the equation.

I think Rozier, SAC and MEM picks for #5 might get it done. Still, that's probably not enough for a GM to convince the fan base to wait a season for their great new hope.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It's one of those situations (like if he were to force his way to San Antonio) where LeBron would know what he was getting into before agreeing to go there.  But I agree, it'd be tough to see LeBron and Harden working.

It could theoretically work with Capela staying...they'd just have an astronomical tax bill.

We would barely be in the tax 

@BroncosFan2010 Smart said he is worth more than $12-14 million recently. Guy should be able to play that well consistently but unfortunately he hasn't proven that at all. Just the opposite really. Hopefully Ainge doesn't overpay for Smart or if he does, Smart actually uses his post and midrange game instead of thinking he's Klay Thompson.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LeBron, Harden, and Paul will all cost $30+ million per year before we factor in Capela.

yeah and there will be nothing but vet mins for the rest of the roster. Tax is projected 123-125 range. That means those 4 are right at the tax. Add in vet mins and we are at most 20 million in the tax. Its not like we are going to be 40 or 50 million in the tax, and we have no repeater status currently. 

I guess the term "barely" is a loose term, but we wouldnt be prohibitively in the tax

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

yeah and there will be nothing but vet mins for the rest of the roster. Tax is projected 123-125 range. That means those 4 are right at the tax. Add in vet mins and we are at most 20 million in the tax. Its not like we are going to be 40 or 50 million in the tax, and we have no repeater status currently. 

I guess the term "barely" is a loose term, but we wouldnt be prohibitively in the tax

Loose is one way to describe it. That team likely ends up at least 20M over the tax.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

LeBron, Harden, and Paul will all cost $30+ million per year before we factor in Capela.

also, unless we are talking about a trade for Lebron, we would need somone to take a pretty big cut to fit the 3 guys on our team anyway. the 3 guys at their max would put us at 100 million against a 101 million cap, which doesnt work for cap purposes, so someone has to take a cut anyway, so there is no reason they would take a cut and force Capela off the team. 

bottom line is CP3 would need to take 25 million per in order to get Lebron here, and if he signs a 1/1 we can make it up to him next year, and Lebron would need to sign for 30 million. That fits everyone in under the cap, puts us at about 118 million with a max deal to capela, still 5 million under the cap, and we would only go over signing vet minimum deals and rookie contracts. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

also, unless we are talking about a trade for Lebron, we would need somone to take a pretty big cut to fit the 3 guys on our team anyway. the 3 guys at their max would put us at 100 million against a 101 million cap, which doesnt work for cap purposes, so someone has to take a cut anyway, so there is no reason they would take a cut and force Capela off the team. 

bottom line is CP3 would need to take 25 million per in order to get Lebron here, and if he signs a 1/1 we can make it up to him next year, and Lebron would need to sign for 30 million. That fits everyone in under the cap, puts us at about 118 million with a max deal to capela, still 5 million under the cap, and we would only go over signing vet minimum deals and rookie contracts. 

So Lebron is taking ~$6M pay cut and CP3 is going to take ~$11M pay cut?

Get out of lala land.

@BroncosFan2010 Smart said he is worth more than $12-14 million recently. Guy should be able to play that well consistently but unfortunately he hasn't proven that at all. Just the opposite really. Hopefully Ainge doesn't overpay for Smart or if he does, Smart actually uses his post and midrange game instead of thinking he's Klay Thompson.

I really cant see him getting that much. I think he is well worth 10M. Attitude matters and he brings an angry, never back down energy that great teams need. I also think he is not snatching 12-14M because he simply isn't good enough a two way player to rely on as a starter, at least on a good team. He is a pitbull of a 6-7th man and an asset on the bench for a great team. But rebuilding teams shouldn't value him much as a bench player at his asking price IMO.

Stevens largest demerit as a coach has been his unwillingness, or inability, to reign in Smart from 3.

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

So Lebron is taking ~$6M pay cut and CP3 is going to take ~$11M pay cut?

Get out of lala land.

im not in lala land, thats what it would take, if they arent willing to do it, then we arent putting them together anyway. It would be more like 5 and 10 million, but yeah thats what makes Lebron to Houston hard to happen. But if they do this, we can put a team out there for under 10 million in the tax

Archived