Trade rumor/suggestion thread

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

I never said anything about CP3 leaving. He isn't going anywhere.

i was making the point that he couldnt even if he wanted to, so we dont have to pay him a full max

Now if we strike out on Lebron and PG, then we probably give him the max deal

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

i was making the point that he couldnt even if he wanted to, so we dont have to pay him a full max

Now if we strike out on Lebron and PG, then we probably give him the max deal

Great way to go into negotiations. "You're stuck here so we ain't paying you a max!".

I feel bad for the Rockets front office. This is not at all an easy offseason to navigate. 

I imagine Chris Paul is going to be seeking the Supermax. 

You can't give a 33 year old PG the Supermax. You'd be giving him a contract through his age 38 season. 

So that's really the only way I see Paul not coming back. But I don't think any team would be smart to give in and give him that contract

2 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

I feel bad for the Rockets front office. This is not at all an easy offseason to navigate. 

I imagine Chris Paul is going to be seeking the Supermax. 

You can't give a 33 year old PG the Supermax. You'd be giving him a contract through his age 38 season. 

So that's really the only way I see Paul not coming back. But I don't think any team would be smart to give in and give him that contract

He proved his worth. We can make the finals with the Harden/CP3 duo so I feel better about it than I did. We have a 2-3 year title window, you have to go for the ring and worry about the rest later. But I don’t think it comes to that. 

If LAL manages to land LBJ and PG13, how does this deal bode for them in regards to 'win now'

CJ McCollum and Caleb Swanigan for Luol Deng, Channing Frye, Brandon Ingram and a 2020 lotto protected R1.

They get the '3rd banana' in CJ who fits tremendously as an off ball option w/ PG and LBJ. They also snag a prospect that projects as a scoring bench big in Swanigan. Finally, the deal is 30M out w/ 25M coming in, meaning they clear another 5M in cap space.

PDX decides on a total rebuild and identifies Ingram as a guy that fits into their age range. Deng sucks and his contract is horrible, but he expires the same time as their other gross contracts in Turner / Myers (Who will not be dealt if Portland rebuilds, as they will require assets to move and it will be an asset accumulation rebuild). This deal would likely be followed w/ a Damian trade, as hard as that is to emotionally say.

As much as I hate LAL, this team is really talented. Target Amir Johnson with the Room Mid-Level Exception after this. Draft Mitchell Robinson #25.

PG - Lonzo Ball / CJ McCollum

SG - CJ McCollum / Jason Hart

SF - Paul George / Kyle Kuzma

PF - LeBron James / Kyle Kuzma / Caleb Swanigan

C - Amir Johnson / Ivica Zubac / Mitchell Robinson / Thomas Bryant (Platoon rotation w/ Swanigan getting minutes too, hell he may be the best of the bunch)

47 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

If LAL manages to land LBJ and PG13, how does this deal bode for them in regards to 'win now'

CJ McCollum and Caleb Swanigan for Luol Deng, Channing Frye, Brandon Ingram and a 2020 lotto protected R1.

They get the '3rd banana' in CJ who fits tremendously as an off ball option w/ PG and LBJ. They also snag a prospect that projects as a scoring bench big in Swanigan. Finally, the deal is 30M out w/ 25M coming in, meaning they clear another 5M in cap space.

PDX decides on a total rebuild and identifies Ingram as a guy that fits into their age range. Deng sucks and his contract is horrible, but he expires the same time as their other gross contracts in Turner / Myers (Who will not be dealt if Portland rebuilds, as they will require assets to move and it will be an asset accumulation rebuild). This deal would likely be followed w/ a Damian trade, as hard as that is to emotionally say.

As much as I hate LAL, this team is really talented. Target Amir Johnson with the Room Mid-Level Exception after this. Draft Mitchell Robinson #25.

PG - Lonzo Ball / CJ McCollum

SG - CJ McCollum / Jason Hart

SF - Paul George / Kyle Kuzma

PF - LeBron James / Kyle Kuzma / Caleb Swanigan

C - Amir Johnson / Ivica Zubac / Mitchell Robinson / Thomas Bryant (Platoon rotation w/ Swanigan getting minutes too, hell he may be the best of the bunch)

The lakers can’t trade Frye, he’s a free agent 

Archived