Where do the Patriots go from here?

notthatbluestuff

If I'm a Patriots fan I'd be excited for the future. Jones should get better, and already had a pretty good rookie campaign with unremarkable weapons. Belichick needs to help him out in that regard with some offensive difference makers. Maybe the defense is older, but coach will fix that if it becomes a problem. That playoff game was a beatdown, but I wouldn't take it as anything other than the Patriots waking up on the wrong side of the bed that day. 

No major issues, I don't ever think Mac will be a great QB but with the right cockpit around him he should be a QB good enough to get them to the playoffs and from there with a great D who knows. He is middle of the pack though, however that really isn't the end of the world for a guy drafted mid first. 

9 hours ago, Jraider91 said:

No major issues, I don't ever think Mac will be a great QB but with the right cockpit around him he should be a QB good enough to get them to the playoffs and from there with a great D who knows. He is middle of the pack though, however that really isn't the end of the world for a guy drafted mid first. 

He was middle of the pack this year. I would assume he improves from that. That said, elite is tough to achieve.

On 1/16/2022 at 9:03 PM, Deadpulse said:

People have been talking about needing a receiver literally all season, it's not a reaction to the WC loss. 

Pretty much every post in the Patriots sub is about getting younger and faster on defense. 

What happened to Jonnu Smith? Did he like stopped caring after being paid?

26 minutes ago, Xenos said:

What happened to Jonnu Smith? Did he like stopped caring after being paid?

There's really no explanation for it that I can offer without being in the facility. He just seemed lackadaisical for the whole season and never really found a niche for himself in the passing game.