2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Good and Perryman both seem like guys that could be cap casualties. 

I don't get it with Perryman. He is on a good deal, balled out last year. He's still in his 20s, maybe we could trade him? I would just let him play out his deal. He was sideline to sideline lights out. I could see Good getting cut, coming off a major injury and in his 30s. 

I was actually thinking Yannick and maybe Perryman could be traded for draft picks and then signing their replacements in free agency. Perhaps the coaching staff would want to get their guys into their system. I personally would just keep both, if it's not broke then don't fix it. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't get it with Perryman. He is on a good deal, balled out last year. He's still in his 20s, maybe we could trade him? I would just let him play out his deal. He was sideline to sideline lights out. I could see Good getting cut, coming off a major injury and in his 30s. 

I was actually thinking Yannick and maybe Perryman could be traded for draft picks and then signing their replacements in free agency. Perhaps the coaching staff would want to get their guys into their system. I personally would just keep both, if it's not broke then don't fix it. 

Perryman is absolute dog water in pass coverage

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We're also reportedly going to target multiple DB's in free agency.

I could see it, we played alot of Cover 3 last year. We are going to mix it up this year, can't just have guys who are strong in zone. I expect Hayward and Fraycson gone 

CB1- ?

CB2- Mullen - I actually think he is a solid starting corner. But it will be contract year

Slot- Hobbs- solid but his character starting to bring caution 

CB4- nothing

CB5/6- Nixon/Amik - these guys are bubble NFL roster players. There should be better depth, a CB1, more competition

Safety:

FS: Moehrig- looking good. hope he makes another jump

SS: Abram- can't stay healthy, sucks in coverage 

3rd safety: ? Leavitt played way too much. dude sucks 

4th: Gillespie/Teamer: Gillespie was a ghost. I liked him as a propect, so I think he can come around and bring depth. Teamer was a Bradley guy, so he prolly leaves in free agency. 

probably need 2 starters, and the depth of the secondary sucks 

Edited by Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm not calling the man Ray Lewis, but he provided good MLB play in 2021. best we had in a long time 

He was solid enough I wouldn't be mad keeping him. 

That said, sure wish we had gone after Blake Martinez a couple of years ago lol.

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

probably need 2 starters, and the depth of the secondary sucks 

Interested to see what the new staff thinks of Abram tbh. Graham used a similar player last year in Jabril Peppers so maybe there's some hope for him. CB is extremely thin, can't believe we cut Rasul Douglas and missed so badly on Arnette.

6 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

he's getting paid pennies too. I would keep him, and spend money at different spots

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

He was solid enough I wouldn't be mad keeping him. 

That said, sure wish we had gone after Blake Martinez a couple of years ago lol.

With our reported interest in De'Vondre Campbell and the fact Graham almost always uses only 2 LB, I don't think that bodes well for Perryman.