2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

My wishlist would be as follows:

Sign WR1 - 1a Davante if not tagged, 1b ARob, 1c Godwin, 1d DJ Chark.. Would still piggyback signing one of them with a 2nd/3rd round WR or even picked in a trade down to the mid/late 20’s if we were able to pick up an extra 2nd++ and take best WR available at that 25-29 area.. Would also consider trading for 1st for DK Metcalf IF we struck out on the 4 names above AND Seattle trades Russ, but I also can’t see them doing all that and rebuilding if they are still committed to Carroll given his current age/window to win. 

Sign RT - 1a Morgan Moses, 1b Eric Fisher, 1c Riley Reiff, 1d Bobby Massie.. I think any one of these guys would be significantly better than Brandon Parker.. Moses is my first choice and if he can be hard for say 3 yr/21-24 mil, I’m good with that. I don’t want to rely on a 1st or 2nd round rookie again or marginal swing Tackle like Parker with us building a playoff caliber team. 

Sign OG - 1a Connor Williams, 1b James Daniel, 1c Andrew Norwell, 1d Laken Tomlinson... adding an established OG along with an established RT are the main moves I want besides a legit WR.. too many times this year our oLine looked lost.. And whether Leatherwood moves to LG and one of these guys plays RG, I really don’t care.. but him playing next to Kolton or playing next to a veteran RT will hopefully improve his play in year 2. Norwell would likely be able to be had for a deal similar to Morgan Moses, something in the 7-8 mil range for 3-4 years.. 

Re-signs - I know a lot of this depends on the schematics of incoming OC/DC staff, if Gus Bradley is retained, etc but I’d say if we can keep Hayward, Facyson, Jefferson, Philon, Hankins, KJ Wright, Morrow, Teamer, Zay Jones, DJax, on modest deals then I’m ok with that.. Hayward and Jefferson are the only ones that would probably get decent raise from 2021 contract but I still wouldn’t think anything more than 6-7 mil per year given the ages.. Everyone is listed I would see more as solid rotational depth. 

Cuts - Littleton and Nassib as post June 1 designated releases, Kwit pre June 1, Drake pre June 1.. Should put us with $50-55 million in cap space pre free agency.. Could be more depending on possible extensions to Carr, Yannick (open to him for a few more years but not for more than current salary).. 

Draft - WR, CB, DT, LB, RB, DE, OL.. Not in any particular order, and granted we address WR, RT and an OG spot with impactful free agents, although WR for me would be in play 1st round if Davante is tagged and we signed one of my other names listed because I still think we need more talent at that position even with one of ARob, Godwin or Chark.. If we somehow got Adams, then I’d be ok with a 2nd/3rd round pick at the WR position to Compete with Edwards/Zay Jones to start opposite Adams, but I’d feel a lot better about our offense if ARob, Godwin or Chark had a potential JaMo, Dotson, Burns, Olave, Wilson, London or Metchie opposite one of them for example.

Edited by JarrodR86

7 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

My wishlist would be as follows:

Sign WR1 - 1a Davante if not tagged, 1b ARob, 1c Godwin, 1d DJ Chark.. Would still piggyback signing one of them with a 2nd/3rd round WR or even picked in a trade down to the mid/late 20’s if we were able to pick up an extra 2nd++ and take best WR available at that 25-29 area.. Would also consider trading for 1st for DK Metcalf IF we struck out on the 4 names above AND Seattle trades Russ, but I also can’t see them doing all that and rebuilding if they are still committed to Carroll given his current age/window to win. 

Sign RT - 1a Morgan Moses, 1b Eric Fisher, 1c Riley Reiff, 1d Bobby Massie.. I think any one of these guys would be significantly better than Brandon Parker.. Moses is my first choice and if he can be hard for say 3 yr/21-24 mil, I’m good with that. I don’t want to rely on a 1st or 2nd round rookie again or marginal swing Tackle like Parker with us building a playoff caliber team. 

Sign OG - 1a Connor Williams, 1b James Daniel, 1c Andrew Norwell, 1d Laken Tomlinson... adding an established OG along with an established RT are the main moves I want besides a legit WR.. too many times this year our oLine looked lost.. And whether Leatherwood moves to LG and one of these guys plays RG, I really don’t care.. but him playing next to Kolton or playing next to a veteran RT will hopefully improve his play in year 2. Norwell would likely be able to be had for a deal similar to Morgan Moses, something in the 7-8 mil range for 3-4 years.. 

Re-signs - I know a lot of this depends on the schematics of incoming OC/DC staff, if Gus Bradley is retained, etc but I’d say if we can keep Hayward, Facyson, Jefferson, Philon, Hankins, KJ Wright, Morrow, Teamer, Zay Jones, DJax, on modest deals then I’m ok with that.. Hayward and Jefferson are the only ones that would probably get decent raise from 2021 contract but I still wouldn’t think anything more than 6-7 mil per year given the ages.. Everyone is listed I would see more as solid rotational depth. 

Cuts - Littleton and Nassib as post June 1 designated releases, Kwit pre June 1, Drake pre June 1.. Should put us with $50-55 million in cap space pre free agency.. Could be more depending on possible extensions to Carr, Yannick (open to him for a few more years but not for more than current salary).. 

Draft - WR, CB, DT, LB, RB, DE, OL.. Not in any particular order, and granted we address WR, RT and an OG spot with impactful free agents, although WR for me would be in play 1st round if Davante is tagged and we signed one of my other names listed because I still think we need more talent at that position even with one of ARob, Godwin or Chark.. If we somehow got Adams, then I’d be ok with a 2nd/3rd round pick at the WR position to Compete with Edwards/Zay Jones to start opposite Adams, but I’d feel a lot better about our offense if ARob, Godwin or Chark had a potential JaMo, Dotson, Burns, Olave, Wilson, London or Metchie opposite one of them for example.

I agree with needs..

OT is probably #1 for bringing in a sop gap 28-30 yr old guy, while we find an OT in draft going forward
#2 is WR but its tough to dump 17-20 mill into a WR not named Adams. So depending on charks value I'd prefer him as a nice FA option for less and doubling up in draft considering the WR talent in this draft is prob a little better at top end and depth. BPA type of logic. 

OG/DT/G/S are next after that.. so whoever gives you the best value for money in FA u go after and fill holes and depth and use draft to fill or provide more depth going forward. 

Def need philon/jefferson back IMO. Thomas for cheap can stay but im not paying him anything near 8-10 mill. 

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Need this. For a 1st, just do it.

Might not even need to give them anything.

The Packers might tag him, but they’re in a big cap hole so he might be one of their cap casualties.

Edited by Nightmare

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That would be unreal management.

Very good chance they do tag him, just depends on a few other things, eg Rodgers situation and how they can work the rest of the cap.

And just to back your point up, yes I would give up a 1st for him if he is tagged.

10 minutes ago, Edz209 said:

imo we have plenty of holes to be trading a first and on top of that make him the highest paid 

I’m with you. We are more than one player away and need to focus on building a strong, youthful foundation for sustainable growth. We’ve failed at this in the past but a GM like Ed Dodds with proven chops should come in and get better draft day results for us.

Granted, we may not get Dodds but we have to give our new front office a chance to change our draft day misfortunes and build the franchise up with strong draft day showings. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

I’m with you. We are more than one player away and need to focus on building a strong, youthful foundation for sustainable growth. We’ve failed at this in the past but a GM like Ed Dodds with proven chops should come in and get better draft day results for us.

Granted, we may not get Dodds but we have to give our new front office a chance to change our draft day misfortunes and build the franchise up with strong draft day showings. 

Gruden and mayock would have 100% made that move but if Ed is coming in i can’t see it happening