2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

23 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I need another couple real additions. Because adding a couple rookies to this just ain’t gonna cut it.

I think it has to be a trade. 

I truly don't think we are gonna be able to sign a guy to anything less than a multi year deal at a larger price. 

Because again, why come to the run heavy offense on an one year deal where my numbers aren't gonna be great. With a QB that has been questioned by the league /media ( right or wrong) after a ,3 INT game in the playoffs. 

And like you've said. Once you go down the list too far you are pretty much adding Chester Rogers. 

Need to trade 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think it has to be a trade. 

I truly don't think we are gonna be able to sign a guy to anything less than a multi year deal at a larger price. 

Because again, why come to the run heavy offense on an one year deal where my numbers aren't gonna be great. With a QB that has been questioned by the league /media ( right or wrong) after a ,3 INT game in the playoffs. 

And like you've said. Once you go down the list too far you are pretty much adding Chester Rogers. 

Need to trade 

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Corey Davis had roughly 1,000 yards in 12 starts as the pure WR2 and got a big contract out of it. There are plenty of targets for another good receiver. Certainly more than going somewhere else and being the fourth option.

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I feel like I’m taking crazy pills. Corey Davis had roughly 1,000 yards in 12 starts as the pure WR2 and got a big contract out of it. There are plenty of targets for another good receiver. Certainly more than going somewhere else and being the fourth option.

I don't know man.

I'm gonna just take the Cowboys for example:

3 guys saw at least 100 targets (Lamb, Schultz, Cooper)
Wilson say 61
Elliot saw 65

Titans:

AJ saw 105 that would have put him 1 above Schultz and Cooper both 104.
NWI saw the next highest at 57

in 2020 with Davis
He saw 92 targets. Davis was hurt some so he likely would have seen over 100. 
AJ with 106
Jonnu came in 65
Firsker 53

I'm sorry. I'm a FA looking at that and say, why go to a place where I will maybe see 80 targets when I can get over 100 elsewhere?

Also... legit look at the guys left....
Crowder
Hilton
MVS
Fuller
Landry
Julio Jones
Beasley
Sanders
Watkins
Pascal
Desean Jackson
Albert Wilson
OBJ
Sanu
Demarcus Robinson
Tajae Sharpe
Dede Westbrook
Amendola
AJ Green

I'm gonna stop there, because Chester Rogers was legit next on the list. lol

MVS is the only one I'd legit want. OBJ too but I know that's not happening. Nobody on that list is getting multi-year deal.
And If I'm taking an 1 year bet on myself deal. Titans aren't the first name that pops in my head. 

Some on this list works with an 1st round pick. But nobody in this forum will be pumped about the Albert Wilson signing. 

Maybe you just sign like 2 of these guys and just throw vets at the spot and see what happens. 

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Also... legit look at the guys left....
Crowder
Hilton
MVS
Fuller
Landry
Julio Jones
Beasley
Sanders
Watkins
Pascal
Desean Jackson
Albert Wilson
OBJ
Sanu
Demarcus Robinson
Tajae Sharpe
Dede Westbrook
Amendola
AJ Green

I'm gonna stop there, because Chester Rogers was legit next on the list. lol

MVS is the only one I'd legit want. OBJ too but I know that's not happening. Nobody on that list is getting multi-year deal.
And If I'm taking an 1 year bet on myself deal. Titans aren't the first name that pops in my head. 

Some on this list works with an 1st round pick. But nobody in this forum will be pumped about the Albert Wilson signing. 

Maybe you just sign like 2 of these guys and just throw vets at the spot and see what happens. 

Oh yeah, the list is depressing. Hence, the borderline panic.

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Oh yeah, the list is depressing. Hence, the borderline panic.

And outside of Robinson and then maybe JuJu, that is pretty much the same list of WR FA guys.

I don't think nobody here felt Cedric Wilson was the answer.
I would have taken Kirk but seeing that price, even I saw hellz naw.

Gage, Washington, Chark, Pringle, Zay Jones other decent guys. But if we talking money, would you want money tied up in Gage or Jones?

WR FA was doomed from get go in my opinion.  
Trade is our only hope for significant improvement or kept Julio hoping the hammys got better. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

And outside of Robinson and then maybe JuJu, that is pretty much the same list of WR FA guys.

I don't think nobody here felt Cedric Wilson was the answer.
I would have taken Kirk but seeing that price, even I saw hellz naw.

Gage, Washington, Chark, Pringle, Zay Jones other decent guys. But if we talking money, would you want money tied up in Gage or Jones?

WR FA was doomed from get go in my opinion.  
Trade is our only hope for significant improvement or kept Julio hoping the hammys got better. 

I’d have taken a shot on Chark. But yeah, the starting options were incredibly limited. Which is mainly why I assumed that a corresponding move had to be coming after the Julio release. Because, as unlikely as it is for him to stay healthy, he’s now light years ahead of any other FA receiver in terms of just overall talent (with the exception of AB and OBJ). And releasing him with no serviceable receivers behind AJB just seems…weird? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

I’ll kick tires on will fuller at this point 

Happily. Probably the second highest ceiling player left. 70-80% chance it doesn’t work, but that still leaves you with some hope that he can be the guy that was on pace for 1,300 yards in 2020.

Though I fully expect him to go to Cleveland.

23 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Crowder
Hilton
MVS
Fuller
Landry
Julio Jones
Beasley
Sanders
Watkins
Pascal
Desean Jackson
Albert Wilson
OBJ
Sanu
Demarcus Robinson
Tajae Sharpe
Dede Westbrook
Amendola
AJ Green

Just looking at this list.

Fuller, OBJ, Sanders, Landry, MVS. Either high risk, high reward or steady competency.

Crowder and Hilton I could probably unenthusiastically talk myself into.

Everyone else is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Just looking at this list.

Fuller, OBJ, Sanders, Landry, MVS. Either high risk, high reward or steady competency.

Crowder and Hilton I could probably unenthusiastically talk myself into.

Everyone else is irrelevant.

Then that goes back to my who wants to come?
Sanders didn't want to last year.
Landry supposedly has bad blood with Tannehill.
MVS holding out for money.
OBJ going to get some money and ACL (so pencil him in for the Titans...lol ).

I think Hilton is done. Add him to the list of great WR to fail here if he comes. 

Trade..lol
I'm talking myself in to a N'Keal Harry for a 4th trade.