Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

14 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I wonder if we will see any coaches or GMs who haven't been interviewed yet pull out after this news?

My guess (strictly that) is that part of their GM interviews is asking the candidates who they’d want to interview if hired, and that most if not all included Eberflus. That, combined with him already having a 2nd interview with JAX set up.

That’s what I want to think. Then I see stuff like this…

…and I don’t know if it’s the same McCaskeys or not, but it makes me want to puke all over myself. 

Reality is, it’s probably that ownership/Polian were themselves super impressed by Eberflus so they want him to be included with whoever else the GM wants to interview for the HC position for consideration.

I have, however, very little confidence that they won’t find a way to bungle this. 

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

My guess (strictly that) is that part of their GM interviews is asking the candidates who they’d want to interview if hired, and that most if not all included Eberflus. That, combined with him already having a 2nd interview with JAX set up.

That’s what I want to think. Then I see stuff like this…

…and I don’t know if it’s the same McCaskeys or not, but it makes me want to puke all over myself. 

It's 100% not the same McCaskey's 😂

I’m less worried we’ll be able to find a good GM candidate. Several of those interviewed have exemplary resumes showing them worthy of the opportunity with a reasonable expectation they could do the job well.

With that said, I LOATHE the idea of the GM not being involved AND ON BOARD WITH the HC hire. 

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m less worried we’ll be able to find a good GM candidate. Several of those interviewed have exemplary resumes showing them worthy of the opportunity with a reasonable expectation they could do the job well.

With that said, I LOATHE the idea of the GM not being involved AND ON BOARD WITH the HC hire. 

If the HC is hired first, I don't think the eventual GM will take the job if they aren't on board with that HC

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

I couldn’t find anything suggesting it was, but you don’t doubt that it COULD have been a completely nepotistic thing, do you? Because that’s our operation.

🤦‍♂️

I have seen the linkedin profile...she is a director for Tupperware 😂

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah I would really like to see the GMs interviewed Sat & Sun before any HCs 2nd interview.