Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Off the top of my head the Vikes & Jags have requested interviews with him...I think we are concerned about experience/leadership when it come to him.

That is a valid point. He'd be a bit of a gamble. Makes you wonder why the Jaguars would even consider him. After the Meyer debacle they need about the steadiest coach they can possibly find, even if he's just a stopgap. Hire Jim Caldwell and a good, young OC...

11 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That is a valid point. He'd be a bit of a gamble. Makes you wonder why the Jaguars would even consider him. After the Meyer debacle they need about the steadiest coach they can possibly find, even if he's just a stopgap. Hire Jim Caldwell and a good, young OC...

100% what the Jags should do...so they won't hahaha...

I see Leftwich ending up there...very interesting that while we have requested both Leftwich and Bowles nothing has come out about when we could potentially carry those interviews out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I have been saying for a while and still fully believe there is more talent on this team that was allowed to show...yes the receiver core needs rebuild alongside Mooney but I think we are really strong at RB...I think Kmet is a real talent but again has just never been used right...I also think Jenkins and Borom showed enough to suggest they can be strong pieces of the OL moving forward...

A proper center and a WR this offseason as well as a real offensive scheme and I think we would see a lot of improvement.

We'll agree to disagree. They have too many unknowns right now to make that statement imo.

The other thing Buffalo has going for them is not only do they have a bunch of decent players and no terrible ones, they have a lot of needle movers. The Bears have what, 3? And they're all on D- Mack, Quinn and Smith. Offensively Allen, Diggs, Morse and Dawkins are all top 10 at their positions. Defensively Poyer, Edmunds and Hyde are are all top 10 their positions.

Schoen may be able to find good or great players whereas Pace was drafting a lot of average depth.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

What I slept on is simple: George has final say and he's admitted he's "just a fan." Not one rational fan watched that Bills game last night and thought "eh that wouldn't fit in Chicago." Not sure about Schoen but if I had to bet on it right now, I'd bet Daboll is the next coach

I put a bet on it being Daboll on Friday. 😂

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

We'll agree to disagree. They have too many unknowns right now to make that statement imo.

The other thing Buffalo has going for them is not only do they have a bunch of decent players and no terrible ones, they have a lot of needle movers. The Bears have what, 3? And they're all on D- Mack, Quinn and Smith. Offensively Allen, Diggs, Morse and Dawkins are all top 10 at their positions. Defensively Poyer, Edmunds and Hyde are are all top 10 their positions.

Schoen may be able to find good or great players whereas Pace was drafting a lot of average depth.

It’s hard to know what some of these guys are given how they’ve been used. I think you could argue Montgomery is a top 10 RB now, but especially if his ability as a receiver is used more in the next regime. Several of our 1st/2nd year guys have that ceiling though. Fields, Mooney, Jenkins and possibly Kmet could get there. Buffalo was about where we are now 3 years ago talent-wise on offense. Daboll doesn’t make our offense Buffalo’s overnight - the idea would be competence right away and upper tier in a longer run look 1-2 years from now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

It’s hard to know what some of these guys are given how they’ve been used. I think you could argue Montgomery is a top 10 RB now, but especially if his ability as a receiver is used more in the next regime. Several of our 1st/2nd year guys have that ceiling though. Fields, Mooney, Jenkins and possibly Kmet could get there. Buffalo was about where we are now 3 years ago talent-wise on offense. Daboll doesn’t make our offense Buffalo’s overnight - the idea would be competence right away and upper tier in a longer run look 1-2 years from now. 

That post was moreso pro-Schoen than anything else

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

🤮

I still think McKenzie got a raw deal, but there's absolutely nothing about his track record that should really put him ahead of just about anybody who's been interviewed, or discussed. 

Edited by Heinz D.

28 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I still think McKenzie got a raw deal, but there's absolutely nothing about his track record that should really put him ahead of just about anybody who's been interviewed, or discussed. 

Always felt McKenzie could've done a LOT worse with the Raiders, especially if you look at their draft picks since. Think an angle here could also be getting intel on Glenn Cook & Eliot Wolf (Packers days) and perhaps Brian Flores (last few years in Miami)

That could be a good stratagy.

The Eagles are not good and Brady is still Brady but Godwin is on IR, Top 2 RBs are hurt, Brown is gone, Wirfs goes out during the game, Evan isn't playing at 100% with a hamstring and Jensen is also out there playing hurt and still Leftwich has this offence moving the ball with ease...not my top choice but would have no issue with Leftwich coming here.

• Like 1