Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

@dabearsblog

42m

The Ed Dodds interview today feels important. Lot of enthusiasm for that guy in the building.

“Top of the league evaluator”

“Chris Ballard with an edge”

“Would be complete personality departure from Ryan Pace”

All these things are true.

20 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Bears still need to interview for GM

Reggie McKenzie 

JoJo Wooden

Joe Hortiz

Eliiot Wolf

Omar Khan

Ran Carthon

Rick Smith

Morocco Brown

For Head Coach

Todd Bowles

Byron Leftwich

Leslie Frazier

Dan Quinn

GM List is long as hell still 

Yeah, I would like if they were a little more proactive on the GM end here. How long are these interviews if they’re only doing one a day? Are they all day? You’d think maybe 2 hours tops, especially if they’re just “first interviews”. Line ‘em up and knock out 3-4 a day. They’re Zoom calls.

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, I would like if they were a little more proactive on the GM end here. How long are these interviews if they’re only doing one a day? Are they all day? You’d think maybe 2 hours tops, especially if they’re just “first interviews”. Line ‘em up and knock out 3-4 a day. They’re Zoom calls.

It seems like they are atleast 3-4 hours. I know they are trying to be careful and not screw this up again but come on. I seriously don't know why you have to interview even 1/3 of these guys. There had to have been one person atleast that's going to stand out of atleast 9 candidates. 

6 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

It seems like they are atleast 3-4 hours. I know they are trying to be careful and not screw this up again but come on. I seriously don't know why you have to interview even 1/3 of these guys. There had to have been one person atleast that's going to stand out of atleast 9 candidates. 

Agreed. And at least for GM, assuming they do a 2nd round of interviews, what even happens at the 2nd one? All the same people will be at both, right? George/Ted/Polian are all on all of them, no? What new questions would you ask after doing the (presumably comprehensive) first one? I’m not sure a 2nd round should even be necessary.

1 hour ago, GOGRIESE said:

Bears still need to interview for GM

Reggie McKenzie 

JoJo Wooden

Joe Hortiz

Eliiot Wolf

Omar Khan

Ran Carthon

Rick Smith

Morocco Brown

For Head Coach

Todd Bowles

Byron Leftwich

Leslie Frazier

Dan Quinn

GM List is long as hell still 

I'm not 100% sold on us going ahead with all those interviews.

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

They would be a great tandem in Chicago.  Both have familiarity with each other and are in a winning organization and can bring some of it over to Da Bears.  And Schoen knows what types of players fit Daboll's offense, so Brian would have the pieces to run the show sooner rather than later.