Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Well he had an impressive showing Saturday against the Pats so he atleast deserves to be heard out. But yes I agree unless he has a home run hire OC. I also remember reading some reports where there were some anti gay remarks or actions made by him during his tenure as HC. Now this was a while ago but it's 2022. Can't have this **** in the NFL or your going to be tossed out like Gruden quick. 

If that is the case he shouldn't even be getting an interview...

Put that aside and my big issue is he isn't running his D in Buffalo...he runs McDermott's...Frazier was never this aggressive when he was a HC and it is clear that this is less Cover 2 and more Jim Johnson.

• Like 1

I haven't seen Frazier hyped up by mainstream guys aside from the fact that he's interviewing in 4 days. I've seen that some think he might be the guy but not exactly "hype."

I'm not sure who "Jonathan Jones" is on twitter but he's the only one who has mentioned excitement about the interview.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I haven't seen Frazier hyped up by mainstream guys aside from the fact that he's interviewing in 4 days. I've seen that some think he might be the guy but not exactly "hype."

I'm not sure who "Jonathan Jones" is on twitter but he's the only one who has mentioned excitement about the interview.

Ian on NFLN reiterated that report basically. 

The more I look at the coaching side of this the more I think we have to go with an offensive guy...it is so difficult to find an excellent offensive coordinator who isn't going to be ripped away within a couple of season these days...looking around the NFL right now at guys who could come in as offensive coordinators for a defensive HC and the only two position coaches who really would interest me as guys who could step up to be OCs would be Ken Dorsey in Buffalo and James Urban in Baltimore...outside of that it is pretty slim pickings...

I think we need to make a big push for Daboll or Leftwich.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Gotcha. I saw one of his bits and all he said was they're interviewing him this week. I must've missed the one where he talked it up. Greaaaat

To be honest all it sounds like is 1985 Bears player= Must be next Bear coach speculation to me. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I do believe for many Bears fans…including myself…that this hire will be huge in showing what we are going to be moving forward…are we going to be 10-20 years behind most other franchises or are we going to catch up before we build this new stadium…Lesley Frazier as well as a few of the other guys we have interviewed would make it difficult to support this franchise because in 3-4 years time we really would be in the exact same position.

The Giants have completed 9 GM interviews and no doubt will soon be cutting their list down to finalists...they have 5 guys on the same list we do including Joe Schoen who reportedly blew then away during his first interview...we need to either start interview more candidates...which given tomorrow there are no HC interviews reportedly scheduled we should be getting through 3 of these a day considering we have 8 potentially 9 candidates left to interview...doing that would take us to Friday...announce the 2 to 4 finalists and get them into Chicago for their 2nd interview...I would probably like to see Dodds, Schoen, Brown & Cook.