NEW ERA MOCK

squire12

The time has come to flip the page and start a new era.   Will there be rough times....probably.   Will it be exciting.....most definitely!!!!!!!

Key pieces of the process

• Shed cap to get in a position to franchise tag Adams.
    • where Adams would want to go is open for debate.  LV is a possibility, but this goes in a different direction
  • Rodgers is traded to Denver for 
    • 2022 1st, 2022 2nd (DEN), 2023 1st, Tim Patrick and Albert Okwuegbunam
  • Adams is traded to Jacksonville..... New HC Leftwich wants a stud WR that he can use to help develop Trevor Lawrence and they have cap space
    • Jax 2022 2nd (33) and 2022 3rd (65) for Adams and GB 4th round comp pick
  • Billy Turner is traded to MIA to help solidify the OL for Tua ...or Watson
    • Turner for Miami 2022 4th 
  • player cuts .......  Preston Smith, Z Smith, Crosby, Cobb, Lewis
  • Jaire Alexander gets an extension .... something in the 5 years $90M
  • Adrian Amos gets an extension ..... something in the 3 years $30M
  • Kenny Clark gets a contract restructure
  • Avoided any restructure on the Bahktiari contract as that knee is a scary proposition IMO.  If needed, money could be obtained from that contract

Cap picture for the accounting is noted below.  

cap space now 46.6  
transactions cap saved cap cost balance
Extend Jaire 9.5   37.1
Cut Z Smith 15.28   21.82
Cut Cobb 6.85   14.97
cut Crosby 2.4   12.57
Cut Lewis 2.4   10.17
Restructure Clark 9.5   0.67
Extend Amos 5.1   4.43
cut Preston Smith 12.5   16.93
Cut/trade Turner 4   20.93

Tag Adams   20.1 0.83
trade Rodgers 19.9   20.73
Trade Adams 20.1   40.83
Tim Patrick   3.9 36.93
Albert O   0.9 36.03
Re-sign Campbell   4 32.03
Re-sign Lazard   2.5 29.53
Marcus Mariotta   5 24.53
ERFA (8 players)   5.6 18.93
draft picks (9 picks) Net cost
  3.2 15.73

signings/alterations

• Tim Patrick $6.9M roster bonus is converted to a signing bonus to drop his cap hit to 3.9M
  • DeVondre Campbell is re-signed to a 3 year $18M contract
    • 2022 = $4M
    • 2023 = $6M
    • 2024 = $8M
  • Allen Lazard is not extended an RFA contract, but gets a 3 year contract for 3 years $12M
    • 2022 = $2.5M
    • 2023 = $4M
    • 2024 = $5.5M
  • Marcus Mariotta is brought in as a veteran backup QB that knows the MLF system
    • 2022 = $5M

Draft 

• 1.9 (Den) David Ojabo  Edge Michigan 6'5" 250lbs. -----    Raw edge prospect with a high upside.....think Rashaan Gary!!!!!

• 1.28 Drake London WR USC 6'5" 210 -----  Big bodied WR coming off injury in 2021.   Early college  production is a plus for future NFL success

• 2.1 (Jax) Devonte Wyatt IDL  Georgia  6'3" 315 -----  Less heralded than teammate, but very well might have a better pro career due to pass rush ability and positional versatility

• 2.8 (Den) David Bell WR Purdue  6'2" 205 ----- High production college WR with good size that GB typically likes

• 2.28 Perrion Winfrey IDL Oklahoma   6'4" 297 ---- Explosive off the ball, wins more with quickness.  Needs to further develop technique and anchor to hold ground vs double teams

• 3.6 (Jax) Cameron Thomas Edge  San Diego State 6'5" 270 ---- High effort versatile EDGE rusher that has the ability to move inside on pressure package.....Z Smith???

• 3 Coby Bryant CB  Cincinnati    6'2" 185 ----  Long and lean, needs to add some mass for the pro game.    Plus ball skills  

• 4 (Mia) Rasheed Walker OT   Penn State   6'6" 312 ----   Developmental RT 

• 4 Troy Andersen LB   Montana State  6'4" 233  ----    2018 all big sky QB, converted to LB and was big sky DPOY for 2021.   Raw LB that has some intriguing upside

• 4 (comp) (TRADED TO JAX)

• 5 Smoke Monday S   Auburn  6'3 200 ----  Rotational safety and special teamer.....how can you not like the name Smoke Monday!!!!!!

• 7 Jelani Woods TE  Virginia 6'7"  265 ---  Developmental TE

• 7 Isaac Taylor Stuart CB USC     6'2" 195 ---  Developmental CB

• 7 Cordell Volson OT   North Dakota State 6'6" 312  --- Developmental RT 

Depth Chart

TRADE DRAFT        
  STARTER       ERFA RFA UFA
QB Jordan Love Marcus Mariotta     Malik Taylor EQ St Brown Davante Adams
RB Aaron Jones AJ Dillon Kylin Hill   Randy Ramsey Allen Lazard Kevin King
FB Josiah Deguara       Krys Barnes   Robert Tonyan
WR Tim Patrick Drake London     Henry Black   Chandon Sullivan
WR Allen Lazard Malik Taylor     Dominque Dafney   De'Vondre Campbell
WR David Bell Amari Rodgers     Chauncey Rivers   Dennis Kelly
TE Albert Okwuegbunam Dominque Dafney Jelani Woods   Yosh Nijman   Lucas Patrick
LT David Bahktiari           Tyler Lancaster
LG Elgton Jenkins           Corey Bojorquez
C Josh Meyers           Will Redmond
RG Jon Runyan Royce Newman         Oren Burks
RT Yosh Nijman Rasheed Walker Cordell Volson       Isaac Yiadom
              MVS

LDE Dean Lowry Perrion Winfrey Chauncey Rivers        
NT Kenny Clark Tedarrel Slaton          
RDE Devonte Wyatt Jack Heflin          
WLB Rashan Gary Cameron Thomas          
LILB De'Vondre Campbell Ty Summers Troy Andersen        
RILB Krys Barnes Isaiah McDuffie          
SLB David Ojabo Jonathan Garvin Randy Ramsey        
LCB Jaire Alexander Coby Bryant          
SS Adrian Amos Vernon Scott          
FS Darnell Savage Smoke Monday Henry Black        
RCB Eric Stokes Isaac Taylor Stuart          
Slot CB Shemar Jean-Charles            

• Like 4

If this is the route we go, I like it a lot. I like the positions targetd in the draft with heavy focus on IDL, WR and Edge. 

My preferances to keep Turner around rather than the $4m in cap space, another potential extension here. If cheap enough would like to see Whitney back. WRs I like in the draft are Pickens and Williams and red shirt him for a year. Finally, I would take a QB as well at some point either 3rd or 4th round.

Apart from that, great job!

Always appreciate your detail and knowledge on the cap.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

If this is the route we go, I like it a lot. I like the positions targetd in the draft with heavy focus on IDL, WR and Edge. 

My preferances to keep Turner around rather than the $4m in cap space, another potential extension here.

OL of Bahk - Runyan - Meyers- Newman - (Nijman/Jenkins/ Rookie).

Not sure extending Turner...

3rd contract- esque .... Is a good move.

If cheap enough would like to see Whitney back.

I would as well. But I think Mercilus would probably chase a ring vs stay if on the cheap.

WRs I like in the draft are Pickens and Williams and red shirt him for a year. Finally, I would take a QB as well at some point either 3rd or 4th round.

WR class is really solid, so getting 2 relatively high is my plan.

Agree on QB, but I didn't really like what is there and having a veteran in the room is more important imo.

Apart from that, great job!

Always appreciate your detail and knowledge on the cap.

Thanks

Edited by squire12

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Blocking on the perimeter for this offense

In all seriousness, I'd be pretty shocked to see GB bring on Patrick via trade, extend Lazard, and then spend picks at RD1 and RD2 at WR.  Go another direction with the RD1 pick and I'm on board.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

In all seriousness, I'd be pretty shocked to see GB bring on Patrick via trade, extend Lazard, and then spend picks at RD1 and RD2 at WR.  Go another direction with the RD1 pick and I'm on board.

Fair thought. 

I think Patrick is an easier trade cap hit wise for Denver that Jeudy.

No project prospects.

I like everything about it except for you saying the dude's a high upside, Rashan Gary type.

I want someone who comes in and you see the HOF career start in the rookie year.

The way Clay did. You watched Clay in his first year. Ten sacks 3 fumble recoveries, and then the play where he ripped the ball out of Peterson's hands and ran it back for a TD.

He followed up his rookie year with 13.5 sacks, a pick six of 62 yards, 2 forced fumbles in the regular season, then he had 3.5 sacks in the postseason and capped it with one of the most iconic, memorable plays in Packer postseason history. If injuries didn't derail his career, Clay was a clear and obvious Hall of Fame player.

That's what we need. An immediate impact player.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No project prospects.

I like everything about it except for you saying the dude's a high upside, Rashan Gary type.

I want someone who comes in and you see the HOF career start in the rookie year.

The way Clay did. You watched Clay in his first year. Ten sacks 3 fumble recoveries, and then the play where he ripped the ball out of Peterson's hands and ran it back for a TD.

He followed up his rookie year with 13.5 sacks, a pick six of 62 yards, 2 forced fumbles in the regular season, then he had 3.5 sacks in the postseason and capped it with one of the most iconic, memorable plays in Packer postseason history. If injuries didn't derail his career, Clay was a clear and obvious Hall of Fame player.

That's what we need. An immediate impact player.

Probably need to trade up for Thibodaux or Hutchinson if that is what you want

31 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'm on the same page. OL needs to be the biggest strength with a young WR. Rodgers makes our Oline look better than they are. Switch on of those early WR picks with oline and Im a happy camper :)