49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

With word coming out of Jimmy needing surgery, that pretty much guarantees us having a conditional pick probably based on playing time...and knowing Jimmy, that means we likely aren't getting anything substantial in the trade. Would you take a 2022 4th rounder or prefer a 2023 4th rounder that could potentially turn into a 3rd or 2nd rounder?

I'll take a flip of late round picks. Just need the money off the books and want this over with. 

He's an okay quarterback who is as brittle as Sam Bradford. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll take a flip of late round picks. Just need the money off the books and want this over with. 

He's an okay quarterback who is as brittle as Sam Bradford. 

If only we could get the return Bradford got, really either of the times he was traded. 

36 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That makes one of us

At this point, be happy with anything. I think Jimmy and his agent probably angled this so he would get cut. I don't think we will do that, but I think that was the play. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

At this point, be happy with anything. I think Jimmy and his agent probably angled this so he would get cut. I don't think we will do that, but I think that was the play. 

Why do you think they'd want that outcome? Do you think he'd be able to make what he's scheduled to make next year as a FA?

Just now, GW21 said:

Why do you think they'd want that outcome? Do you think he'd be able to make what he's scheduled to make next year as a FA?

He'd get 7.5 from us no matter what so then he only has to make up less than 20M on the open market in a year with a decided lack of QB options if the big guys aren't moving. I think he can make that up relatively easily, plus he'd get to pick his destination. Even if he misses by just a bit in his overall salary, its probably not that big of a deal. 

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll be stoked if we get the Joe Flacco return. 

I think the 49ers have no leverage at this point. The talk that the 49ers will just hold on to Jimmy is BS. They need his salary to open up. 2023 5th conditional pick heading our way. Lol

Edited by 49erurtaza

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think the 49ers have no leverage at this point. The talk that the 49ers will just hold on to Jimmy is BS. They need his salary to open up. 

Yep. 

It's a good move by Jimmy and his agent. He can show his cards now and you can't force him to take a paycut to stick around with the niners, nor is he under any obligation to restructure for a team. So unless that team is just flat out willing to pay him his entire salary this year (very unlikely), that's likely going to tank any real option to trade him. He doesn't need to put on the face of a good soldier now and he doesn't have to play ball. 

49ers brass got smoked by Yee. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. 

It's a good move by Jimmy and his agent. He can show his cards now and you can't force him to take a paycut to stick around with the niners, nor is he under any obligation to restructure for a team. So unless that team is just flat out willing to pay him his entire salary this year (very unlikely), that's likely going to tank any real option to trade him. He doesn't need to put on the face of a good soldier now and he doesn't have to play ball. 

@49erscapCan the 49ers ask Jimmy too remove the injury guarantee and they will cut him? Like is that within the rules?

Tbh I think there's a massive chance Jimmy gets cut.

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

@49erscapCan the 49ers ask Jimmy too remove the injury guarantee and they will cut him? Like is that within the rules?

Tbh I think there's a massive chance Jimmy gets cut.

Here's the thing...if you're Jimmy and Yee, why would you do that? They know that they can't afford Jimmy.I think I'd just take my chance that they can't find someone who is willing to absorb the entire hit of the salary for a year. There are teams with the cap space to do it, but Washington and Pitt would then be pretty much capped out without additional moves to improve the team elsewhere. If they want more cap space, that would likely come from a Jimmy extension in which case Yee has that team bent over a barrel 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yep. 

Unless this is setting up for him to get us Brady somehow LOL.

But yeah, Yee definitely won this PR battle. Probably payback for the reporting regarding Jimmy's injury in 2020. 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Here's the thing...if you're Jimmy and Yee, why would you do that? They know that they can't afford Jimmy.I think I'd just take my chance that they can't find someone who is willing to absorb the entire hit of the salary for a year. There are teams with the cap space to do it, but Washington and Pitt would then be pretty much capped out without additional moves to improve the team elsewhere. If they want more cap space, that would likely come from a Jimmy extension in which case Yee has that team bent over a barrel 

Oh I get that, just funny because the 49ers are fighting with Yee with the media. It's obvious with the shefty said the stuff about Jimmy stuff a week ago and this now. My guess is from the start Yee asked for Jimmy to be cut. 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 1

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Oh I get that, just funny because the 49ers are fighting with Yee with the media. It's obvious with the shefty said the stuff about Jimmy stuff a week ago and this now. My guess is from the start they asked for Jimmy to be cut. 

Wouldn't doubt it. 

I think he'll get his wish. At this point I'm like 80/20 that we will simply cut him and eat the 7.5m

• Like 2