49ers offseason 2022

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, P_locniners said:

All jokes aside, after seeing what the Seahawks got for Wilson and what the Redsk…….Commanders we’re offering SEA for him, I honestly expect no less than a 2nd rounder for Jimmy…..possibly a 1st. And no, im not Kidding

If we could sit on him, I wouldn't think that's unreasonable. But the timing matters. 

3 minutes ago, JIllg said:

3rd and 5th would be a delight. And I think not an unreasonable return. 

Certainly possible, especially if the third is the following year / conditional. 

Generally I feel pretty good about having some sort of baseline for compensation expectation. I have no idea on this one. Just a weird situation. 

Just now, Forge said:

If we could sit on him, I wouldn't think that's unreasonable. But the timing matters. 

True, I just think something will happen In the next 48hrs. Teams are gonna try and stay ahead of other teams for fear that if they don’t pull the trigger, they will miss out. The Commanders, Steelers and Panthers all are looking for a starter and there aren’t many options for them

5 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

All jokes aside, after seeing what the Seahawks got for Wilson and what the Redsk…….Commanders were offering SEA for him, I honestly expect no less than a 2nd rounder for Jimmy…..possibly a 1st. And no, im not Kidding

I just don't see it. Who is Washington competing with for his services? Every team KNOWS he is gone and he's coming off a shoulder injury. Any team giving up a first rounder for Jimmy considering all the circumstances deserves to be fired on the spot. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just don't see it. Who is Washington competing with for his services? Every team KNOWS he is gone and he's coming off a shoulder injury. Any team giving up a first rounder for Jimmy considering all the circumstances deserves to be fired on the spot. 

Supply and demand, Jimmy is no Wilson, but he is a veteran leader at the QB position that has “helped” his team get to the SB and the NFC championship in 2 outta 3 seasons. I’m not betting on a 1st, I just wouldn’t be surprised 

• Like 1

For me it's a 4th this year and a 4th next year which upgrades to a 3rd for 75% of snaps or a 2nd if he also makes the playoffs. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Supply and demand, Jimmy is no Wilson, but he is a veteran leader at the QB position that has “helped” his team get to the SB and the NFC championship in 2 outta 3 seasons. I’m not betting on a 1st, I just wouldn’t be surprised 

If Jimmy had two years left on his deal and it wasn't a guarantee that we would cut him if we couldn't find a trade? Sure, but that's not the case here. And you just can't ignore he just had surgery today. Everyone can say it is not a big deal but anytime you go under the knife it is a big deal. 

Expect the biggest asset we receive being a conditional pick in 2023. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If Jimmy had two years left on his deal and it wasn't a guarantee that we would cut him if we couldn't find a trade? Sure, but that's not the case here. And you just can't ignore he just had surgery today. Everyone can say it is not a big deal but anytime you go under the knife it is a big deal. 

Expect the biggest asset we receive being a conditional pick in 2023. 

You could very well be correct. I see it as, Jimmy had a “successful” surgery and should be ready end of June/early July. Yes, teams could wait to see if he gets cut, which is likely if no one offers anything OR they can offer something and bid on him to guarantee they get him and he doesn’t choose a different team after being cut. We shall see I guess

38 minutes ago, Melbourne 9er said:

For me it's a 4th this year and a 4th next year which upgrades to a 3rd for 75% of snaps or a 2nd if he also makes the playoffs. 

I think that this is a pretty good offer 

I'm not sure I really get being in on WRs. What kind of a WR in particular?

And I don't agree that CB has not been valued. They just don't value it in the early rounds and prefer veteran CBs but we gave Sherman a good deal and Verrett was signed for like 10M last season. Maybe valuing someone like Jackson at 20M does not make sense but paying Gilmore at 14-15M could be the play here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

You could very well be correct. I see it as, Jimmy had a “successful” surgery and should be ready end of June/early July. Yes, teams could wait to see if he gets cut, which is likely if no one offers anything OR they can offer something and bid on him to guarantee they get him and he doesn’t choose a different team after being cut. We shall see I guess

But what does that mean "successful" surgery? That just means the surgery didn't have any complications aka being a complete disaster. And that is very rare. But Jimmy having a "successful" surgery does not mean it is a given he will have no setbacks in the recovery process and that he will be 100% in a few months. There may be a good chance of that but there is still a risk there as there is with any surgeries. 

10 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

The biggest issue that i would present with the surgery isn't the surgery itself. Its how the body responds to the surgery. Just about every surgery an NFL player has "went well" at the time it's done. You kind of want to be able to check on the healing and recovery and teams don't have that option here, that's one of the reasons a few pages back that I thought Yee and Jimmy were playing the front office. The timing of this surgery is soooooooooo bad from that standpoint. If he did this after the season, we are a month into the healing and he could have had checkups, status updates, etc. 

I'm not sure I really get being in on WRs. What kind of a WR in particular?

And I don't agree that CB has not been valued. They just don't value it in the early rounds and prefer veteran CBs but we gave Sherman a good deal and Verrett was signed for like 10M last season. Maybe valuing someone like Jackson at 20M does not make sense but paying Gilmore at 14-15M could be the play here. 

Wouldn't surprise me if we were looking at another guy. I still do wonder where we are at with Jennings....his hands are awwwwwwwwwwwwwwful. 

I could see us wanting to bring in a slot type guy. I'd also love a true field stretcher that can play more than 10% of snaps. 

The problem is that we are a horrible destination for receivers looking to rebuild value lol. But I'd definitely be into Will Fuller on a one year deal. Jamison Crowder for the slot. I think MVS is probably beyond what we want to spend, but Tre'quan Smith probably wouldn't be. Jakeem Grant coudl also help special teams. 

• Like 1