Super Bowl LVI

Leader

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I might have some sympathy for CIN had they not been gifted their own TD. They also had plenty of time to send the game to OT, but could not convert a first down after having 2 and 1 at midfield with a minute left.  Much like the Packers, the Bengals have nobody to blame but themselves for why they came up short this season.

Agree. They shouldnt have been here yet.....but getting there had me rooting for them. 
Be interesting to see how they respond now - what with lower picks and harder schedules.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We already covered this OP. Rams had 44% dedicated to QB when you include Goff. Your streak died tonight.

No it didn’t, and you know it. To count money paid to a player that’s not on your team is to count dead cap total.

It didn’t matter if Goff was a QB or a water Buffalo.

Also, even if it did count, it wasn’t 44%. Lol, what even is that?

Just now, cannondale said:

It would have been close. But that's a play that has to be made in that moment

Oh agree....and it would have been close and they probably would have gone for it - their OL being the wildcard regards picking up the tough yards on the ground.

That was a great game.  Hated to see either team lose it, but gotta love that Aaron Donald if he retires can go out on top, and gotta be happy for Stafford and Whitworth especially.

Bengals may be disappointed tonight but they got a lot to be proud of as no one expected them to be here, and they'll be back in the near future I'm certain.

Only disappointed the game didn't go into OT, but it was a thriller nonetheless

2 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

That was a great game.  Hated to see either team lose it, but gotta love that Aaron Donald if he retires can go out on top, and gotta be happy for Stafford and Whitworth especially.

Bengals may be disappointed tonight but they got a lot to be proud of as no one expected them to be here, and they'll be back in the near future I'm certain.

Only disappointed the game didn't go into OT, but it was a thriller nonetheless

Aaron Donald isn't retiring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

It was a ticky tack hold. But don't put yourself in that position to begin with. Especially considering how much NFL officiating sucks and how little the league cares with regards to fixing it.

The real goat is Zac Taylor.

You dont call ticky tack in crucial "game deciding" situations.

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

It was a ticky tack hold. But don't put yourself in that position to begin with. Especially considering how much NFL officiating sucks and how little the league cares with regards to fixing it.

I'm not sure how the LB could have done anything differently.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We already covered this OP. Rams had 44% dedicated to QB when you include Goff. Your streak died tonight.

...Goff wasn't their starting QB though. And the theory does hold if you consider the fact that their starting QB's cap number allowed them to absorb the hit from Goff's dead money contract.

Just now, Leader said:

You dont call ticky tack in crucial "game deciding" situations.

That's my biggest issue with this game and the GB/TB game last year.  You let them play for 58 minutes and don't call anything, but then you suddenly in the last 2 minutes of the game decide you need to hit your flag quota and throwing flags where they don't belong.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Striker said:

I didn't think Taylor was too bad.  I was a bit rough on him his first year in Cincy, but he's really come on as a HC lately.  Plus he did a hell of a job to get his team to the SB to begin with, something no one expected to happen.

In the end the Rams just wanted it more and got it.