Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 23 - Taco Bowl XXIII POSTED!)

TheKillerNacho

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In the sense of "these darn athletes keep leaving situations that are beneficial for them in the pursuit of money", not "I love and respect who he is as a person, as I look to him as my moral compass".

What’s more important.

Being in a club that refused a top 3 WR of all time in his first year of eligibility.

Or

$120m+ 

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

What’s more important.

Being in a club that refused a top 3 WR of all time in his first year of eligibility.

Or

$120m+ 

To some? The money, absolutely. Some differ. Some take pay cuts and/or ask for less to remain in a good situation. (See: Stafford.)

I'm someone who doesn't value money above other factors, but that might put me in the minority.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Good example. I, personally, would not. There have been plenty of millionaires in this world. I'd opt for greatness.

Ok boomer

11 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Good example. I, personally, would not. There have been plenty of millionaires in this world. I'd opt for greatness.

Generational wealth should always be valued above being the best, IMO. It's not just about setting yourself up but you're talking about wealth for your children, grand children and more down the line. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Generational wealth should always be valued above being the best, IMO. It's not just about setting yourself up but you're talking about wealth for your children, grand children and more down the line. 

Ok billionaire 

5 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Nah. No thanks. To some, sure... that's fine. I just don't feel accomplishment or satisfaction from amassing money. I have a wife and four kids, I work hard, we live in paradise, and live comfortably. We're able to make decisions based on what would bring us happiness, enjoyment or accomplishment, and amassing generational wealth is never a concern.

I'm also not a believer that generational wealth is always a positive for the generations that follow. Sure, some can balance it in a healthy way, but others use it to avoid having to develop crucial skills of their own.

I probably have a different perspective on life than some, so that's another factor.