8 GM Mock Draft (Full)

eh3034

1 minute ago, eh3034 said:

Haha, Detroit would've been missed by like 30 picks if we did that. I am not a fan of skipped picks in the first at least 4 rounds.  It went well last time, and I figure sometime after the Easter breaks we'll bring in time slots to wrap things up.

Yout might not be a fan of missed picks but it lets people know exactly when they should expect to pick and gives you a leg to stand on when you skip or pick someone for them etc. It prevents the saltiness because it is clear when someone needs to pick by and what happens if they don't pick on time

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yout might not be a fan of missed picks but it lets people know exactly when they should expect to pick and gives you a leg to stand on when you skip or pick someone for them etc. It prevents the saltiness because it is clear when someone needs to pick by and what happens if they don't pick on time

I've never done one of these in 10+ years, whether I'm commish or not, and whether there are timeslots or not, where someone hasn't gotten salty over the way it's been run, etc.  Nature of the beast.

Shifting to a more enjoyable topic lol, now that we have completed "day 2" anyone have any outliers that they see still on the board, or maybe an outlier that you had graded significantly lower than he went?  

For me, if we ignore QBs lol, I'm very surprised that Jelani Woods, Luke Goedeke, and Kerby Joseph are still on the board.  As far as the other side of the coin, the Centers got picked in an unexpected (to me) order, but Center is the hardest position to project IMO so I'm not surprised by that.  Derion Kendrick is the only other major outlier that I was surprised to see go as early as he did.

Honestly one of my surprises was D’Marco Jackson.

I thought he had a pretty good shrine week. But I think most projections still have him going a little later. Maybe I’m wrong.

Wow was Corral actually still available? I mean I don’t love him. But well worth a shot at this point 

19 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Honestly one of my surprises was D’Marco Jackson.

I thought he had a pretty good shrine week. But I think most projections still have him going a little later. Maybe I’m wrong.

Wow was Corral actually still available? I mean I don’t love him. But well worth a shot at this point 

Yeah Corral was still out there, but these drafts always skew the QBs so it is what it is haha.  D'Marco Jackson is a guy that I am very bullish about.  I see most have him either a 4th-5th round grade, or in like the 250s because they haven't looked at him yet.  My comp for him is Roquan Smith, and I really wouldn't be surprised at all if he came off the board in day 2.  There are a lot of LBs all clumped together on the board IMO after the first 4, so I think the order these guys get picked is going to surprise us all.  If I'm a LB needy team I would want Jackson in the late 3rd-early 4th range.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

@eh3034 Found what looks like your only spelling mistake in the thread. Someone might try to double up in a round or so.

Jamaree Salyer. Sayler. I've seen that one a few times this off-season. It's an easy crossover

Thanks for catching it, it has now been fixed!

3 hours ago, eh3034 said:

Haha, Detroit would've been missed by like 30 picks if we did that. I am not a fan of skipped picks in the first at least 4 rounds.  It went well last time, and I figure sometime after the Easter breaks we'll bring in time slots to wrap things up.

At least with time slots you can know when to be on and when you’re supposed to pick. 

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

Whatever, I completely disagree, and we had zero issues the first time around.  Maybe send big boards when you know you're going to miss an entire weekend, or post that you might be unavailable for a day?  I'm not ok with skipped picks destroying the draft and have articulated that many times.  If dude didn't just go awol on us and just gave a heads up, we'd have never picked for him.  Use the follow feature and get an alert when your pick is up?  Just going awol is fine I guess?  But of course the mighty mods know better and I'm just a dummy right?  Funny how the only people I've had problems with in the last 10+ years on this site are 6-7 of the sites mods.  I suppose it's a sign I'm just out of place here, so don't worry, I'll wrap up the ongoing mocks and tap out.

1 minute ago, eh3034 said:

Whatever, I completely disagree, and we had zero issues the first time around.  Maybe send big boards when you know you're going to miss an entire weekend, or post that you might be unavailable for a day?  I'm not ok with skipped picks destroying the draft and have articulated that many times.  If dude didn't just go awol on us and just gave a heads up, we'd have never picked for him.  Use the follow feature and get an alert when your pick is up?  Just going awol is fine I guess?  But of course the mighty mods know better and I'm just a dummy right?  Funny how the only people I've had problems with in the last 10+ years on this site are 6-7 of the sites mods.  I suppose it's a sign I'm just out of place here, so don't worry, I'll wrap up the ongoing mocks and tap out.

Don't take it so personal man. Don't go anywhere! Basic disagreement. You're putting in the legwork. Handle it your way.

Just now, eh3034 said:

@RTTRUTH Help me out with Dominique Robinson.  I don't have him highly graded, so I'd love to hear about your takes on him and what I might be missing.

I'll be honest. I don't know that much about him. Aside from the fact he's athletic as all hell. Looked as smooth as absolutely any edge guy at the combine, and he's built like a prototypical 4-3 or 3-4 Edge, give or take 5Lbs. I think 4th round somebody figures they can develop him. There's, imo, an intriguing group of guys between 75-200 that are....either inconsistent, or from smaller schools, but athletic, and built exactly how you want. How they shake out on draft day is one of the more intriguing position questions to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I'll be honest. I don't know that much about him. Aside from the fact he's athletic as all hell. Looked as smooth as absolutely any edge guy at the combine, and he's built like a prototypical 4-3 or 3-4 Edge, give or take 5Lbs. I think 4th round somebody figures they can develop him. There's, imo, an intriguing group of guys between 75-200 that are....either inconsistent, or from smaller schools, but athletic, and built exactly how you want. How they shake out on draft day is one of the more intriguing position questions to me. 

Yeah I definitely have a grouping of Edge rushers graded in my 6th round-UDFA range that I haven't fully sorted out, with him now being the first from that group to be taken.  I'll have to make him my first from that group to take a closer look at when I get the chance to unravel that group.  It looks like you have him in the group above that, so now I'm looking forward to digging into him again!