8 GM Mock Draft (Full)

eh3034

10 hours ago, eh3034 said:

Whatever, I completely disagree, and we had zero issues the first time around.  Maybe send big boards when you know you're going to miss an entire weekend, or post that you might be unavailable for a day?  I'm not ok with skipped picks destroying the draft and have articulated that many times.  If dude didn't just go awol on us and just gave a heads up, we'd have never picked for him.  Use the follow feature and get an alert when your pick is up?  Just going awol is fine I guess?  But of course the mighty mods know better and I'm just a dummy right?  Funny how the only people I've had problems with in the last 10+ years on this site are 6-7 of the sites mods.  I suppose it's a sign I'm just out of place here, so don't worry, I'll wrap up the ongoing mocks and tap out.

shocked ron burgundy GIF

@eh3034no disrespect man. You are doing a great job with this. These things are hard to run and take a lot of time an energy, so do it however you want.

All I’m saying is, clear communication of expectations and what happens if expectations aren’t met is helpful to prevent problems in the future. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Is Jalen Wydermyer even draftable with 

I'm just trusting the tape on that one. I know several teams have interviewed him, including the Cowboys. Personally I saw a dude with untapped potential on tape. His blocking is pretty good for a prospect. Sometimes they say "That doesn't show up on tape" or those kinds of things. I think his athleticism shows on tape better than clearly his testing did.  I was debating a few guys at that spot, opened my draft mag to see if I'd forgotten anyone and was like "Hey, these guys have Wydermyer as TE1 also." 

So it obviously isn't just me that thought I saw something on tape. He's a risky pick clearly. I thought about waiting another round and then doing it, but honestly with the 5 teams I'm handling, it occurs to me I know the Cowboys less well than a few others. Couldn't commit to a different player. 

JUST FOR FUN: I've drafted 4 players with the Cowboys in this draft so far. And 3 of those 4 are from A&M. So clearly the front office stayed close to home this year, lol. They've interviewed all of them though, as an added bonus. 

26 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

I'm just trusting the tape on that one. I know several teams have interviewed him, including the Cowboys. Personally I saw a dude with untapped potential on tape. His blocking is pretty good for a prospect. Sometimes they say "That doesn't show up on tape" or those kinds of things. I think his athleticism shows on tape better than clearly his testing did.  I was debating a few guys at that spot, opened my draft mag to see if I'd forgotten anyone and was like "Hey, these guys have Wydermyer as TE1 also." 

So it obviously isn't just me that thought I saw something on tape. He's a risky pick clearly. I thought about waiting another round and then doing it, but honestly with the 5 teams I'm handling, it occurs to me I know the Cowboys less well than a few others. Couldn't commit to a different player. 

JUST FOR FUN: I've drafted 4 players with the Cowboys in this draft so far. And 3 of those 4 are from A&M. So clearly the front office stayed close to home this year, lol. They've interviewed all of them though, as an added bonus. 

Well I suppose Michael Clemons is the favorite at 155 and Leon O'Neal at 167? :)

With Wydermyer, I'm really perplexed by him.  In February I had him as a true 2nd round pick, but everything pre-draft shows a potentially undraftable player.  I think this is about the earliest we might see him taken, so I don't think it is a bad pick, it is a high risk pick betting on what you saw before he worked out for everyone and exposed himself.  If you are a team that likes him pre-workout, he could still be a late 3rd round guy, if not he could be off your team's board entirely.

3 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

Well I suppose Michael Clemons is the favorite at 155 and Leon O'Neal at 167? :)

With Wydermyer, I'm really perplexed by him.  In February I had him as a true 2nd round pick, but everything pre-draft shows a potentially undraftable player.  I think this is about the earliest we might see him taken, so I don't think it is a bad pick, it is a high risk pick betting on what you saw before he worked out for everyone and exposed himself.  If you are a team that likes him pre-workout, he could still be a late 3rd round guy, if not he could be off your team's board entirely.

No question he scared a couple teams off. But we have seen things like that happen before. If he'd played anywhere other than the SEC, I wouldn't bother either. But he would play teams like Bama, or Mississippi St, and look like the biggest threat on the field. And his QB's sucked. I think a team like the Cowboys is perfect for him. He's your #2 at best day 1, and you can spend a whole year teaching him the nuances and hope he develops.

If it doesn't work, it's a later 4th round pick. I could argue three teams in this draft have taken huge gambles at CB much earlier than this with guys who've never had to cover John Metchie, Jameson Williams, or Kayshon Boutte. Cowboys also happen to have four 5's and a 6. So I'll take the size, potential, and higher level of competition to grade against here. 

48 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

If tape mattered that much Jared Pickney would be a solid NFL te 2.  Hint he was an sec TE with a similar ras

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

No question he scared a couple teams off. But we have seen things like that happen before. If he'd played anywhere other than the SEC, I wouldn't bother either. But he would play teams like Bama, or Mississippi St, and look like the biggest threat on the field. And his QB's sucked. I think a team like the Cowboys is perfect for him. He's your #2 at best day 1, and you can spend a whole year teaching him the nuances and hope he develops.

If it doesn't work, it's a later 4th round pick. I could argue three teams in this draft have taken huge gambles at CB much earlier than this with guys who've never had to cover John Metchie, Jameson Williams, or Kayshon Boutte. Cowboys also happen to have four 5's and a 6. So I'll take the size, potential, and higher level of competition to grade against here. 

Right on, I think him and Derion Kendrick are in the same boat as guys I was into pre draft, but the workouts have really scared me.  I took Wydermyer much higher than this in 8gm mock round 1 though (his awful workout happened in the middle of that draft).

I think the opposite TE of him is Chigoziem Okonkwo.  He was not really on anyone's draft radar, now he's crushing every workout and is getting some day 2 hype.  Finding middle ground for guys like Wydermyer and Okonkwo is challenging.

• Like 1

Just now, LinderFournette said:

If tape mattered that much Jared Pickney would be a solid NFL te 2.  Hint he was an sec TE with a similar ras

Not really fair though just to over-simplify and say because one guy didn't work out another guy definitely won't. If I put their college tape up against each other, Wydermyer is still the more highly rated prospect imo. 

And almost everyone will tell you (pro and amateur draftniks) tape should still be your #1 source. But we all know the reality is the athletic testing bleeds into those grades. If you're shooting for the stars with every pick you take the 4.30 CB who has never faced good competition. But we all find a balance.

1 minute ago, eh3034 said:

Right on, I think him and Derion Kendrick are in the same boat as guys I was into pre draft, but the workouts have really scared me.  I took Wydermyer much higher than this in 8gm mock round 1 though (his awful workout happened in the middle of that draft).

I think the opposite TE of him is Chigoziem Okonkwo.  He was not really on anyone's draft radar, now he's crushing every workout and is getting some day 2 hype.  Finding middle ground for guys like Wydermyer and Okonkwo is challenging.

Or Bellinger. Was all blocker, but after the workouts you know teams are wondering "Can we teach him to...?"

• Like 1