8 GM Mock Draft (Full)

eh3034

19 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Not really fair though just to over-simplify and say because one guy didn't work out another guy definitely won't. If I put their college tape up against each other, Wydermyer is still the more highly rated prospect imo. 

And almost everyone will tell you (pro and amateur draftniks) tape should still be your #1 source. But we all know the reality is the athletic testing bleeds into those grades. If you're shooting for the stars with every pick you take the 4.30 CB who has never faced good competition. But we all find a balance.

I remember there was a post in the jags forum in a draft thread correlating Ras and being a good TE. 

Now I can get some guys don't test well but Wydermyers testing numbers are poor especially compared to even some OL. 

7 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Not going to lie kinda Shocked Zach Tom was left there in the 6th with his Athletic Testing

Agreed, my only concern with him is what position will he eventually play?  I love him though as a developmental, backup OL.  Him and 2 other OL I had 5th round grades on that are/were still on the board.

Just now, eh3034 said:

Agreed, my only concern with him is what position will he eventually play?  I love him though as a developmental, backup OL.  Him and 2 other OL I had 5th round grades on that are/were still on the board.

Thats the thing on Day 4 you can let him find his true nfl position

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

Man, I'm shocked and thrilled Ezukanma made it back around to me. I swear I literally had the same thing typed in when I took Marquis Hayes like 2 rounds ago and changed my mind at the last minute. Never thought he'd get back to me.

I too was pretty surprised specifically at how low Hayes went in this one.

Atlanta's Draft
8.Travon Walker, Edge, Georgia-Atlanta needs alot of help getting after the QB so have to take a shot on the guy who might have the biigest upside in the draft at the position.

43.Boye Mafe, Edge, Minnesota-Value and still a position of need even with Walker the Falcons get a compliment to the 1st round pick and hope they form a tandem that lifts them out of dead last in sack totals.

58.John Metchie, WR, Alabama-Starter Day 1 when he is healthy on Atlanta weak WR core with high upside to compliment Mariota outside the pocket on Scrambles.

74.Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati-Value to great to pass on here in the 3rd and should be a perfect fit in Aurther Jones offense and a perfect player as Mariota's Protege.

82.Marcus Jones, CB, Houston-High upside slot CB that should fit in great between AJ Terrell and Casey Heyward,who also provides some return skills as well.

114.JoJo Domann, LB, Nebraska-Nickel LBer who should help cover the loss of Foye in the offseason would likley see the field on 3rd downs beside Deion Jones when newly Signed Reshad Evans comes off.

151.Haskell Garrett, DL, Ohio St--Great Run stopper in college whol should be able to find his way into the dline rotation on the defensive scheme in Atlanta.

190.Kevin Austin, WR, Notre Dame-6'2 215 WR who ran a 4.43 whose college career was derailed by Injuries,but provide some really good upside if he stays healthy outside in the NFL where Atlanta could use the help.

213.Cordale Flott, DB, LSu-6'2 devolpmental CB who lacks Technique and weight but can evolve into a outside CB or maybe a safety in the right coaching,high upside and should contribute on ST.

Regrets-Didn't help a bad oline but at some point when drafting for them you have to decide to take a high upside guy or give there former 1st and 2nd round picks another year to grow,which is what I decided to do here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Atlanta's Draft
8.Travon Walker, Edge, Georgia-Atlanta needs alot of help getting after the QB so have to take a shot on the guy who might have the biigest upside in the draft at the position.

43.Boye Mafe, Edge, Minnesota-Value and still a position of need even with Walker the Falcons get a compliment to the 1st round pick and hope they form a tandem that lifts them out of dead last in sack totals.

58.John Metchie, WR, Alabama-Starter Day 1 when he is healthy on Atlanta weak WR core with high upside to compliment Mariota outside the pocket on Scrambles.

74.Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati-Value to great to pass on here in the 3rd and should be a perfect fit in Aurther Jones offense and a perfect player as Mariota's Protege.

82.Marcus Jones, CB, Houston-High upside slot CB that should fit in great between AJ Terrell and Casey Heyward,who also provides some return skills as well.

114.JoJo Domann, LB, Nebraska-Nickel LBer who should help cover the loss of Foye in the offseason would likley see the field on 3rd downs beside Deion Jones when newly Signed Reshad Evans comes off.

151.Haskell Garrett, DL, Ohio St--Great Run stopper in college whol should be able to find his way into the dline rotation on the defensive scheme in Atlanta.

190.Kevin Austin, WR, Notre Dame-6'2 215 WR who ran a 4.43 whose college career was derailed by Injuries,but provide some really good upside if he stays healthy outside in the NFL where Atlanta could use the help.

213.Cordale Flott, DB, LSu-6'2 devolpmental CB who lacks Technique and weight but can evolve into a outside CB or maybe a safety in the right coaching,high upside and should contribute on ST.

Regrets-Didn't help a bad oline but at some point when drafting for them you have to decide to take a high upside guy or give there former 1st and 2nd round picks another year to grow,which is what I decided to do here.

I'm going to have the same regret as you with a couple of my teams actually, a position of relative need is going to be ignored because the value wasn't there at the time and I went with other positions as more BPA for areas of "lesser" need.  I definitely get it!

The value for those edge rushers is awesome.  Travon I really think will end up going #1 overall, and Mafe could go 1st round but I think you got him about where he should go.  I'm not as high on Metchie as others, but this is roughly where I expect him to go IRL so I think that's a good pick too.  Also, no team has spent more time with this year's QB class than Atlanta, so I think them grabbing Ridder here is logical.   The rest of the picks went at (or later than) my grade on the player, so overall I think this is a great draft class for ATL.

• Like 1

I guess I have a draft class of mine complete, here's the Baltimore draft:

1 14    Drake London, WR, USC - This wasn't the direction I wanted to go, but the board wasn't favorable to the Ravens. I do think London would be a great addition, and they need a WR somewhere in this draft.  Fingers crossed his personal pro day tomorrow alleviates injury concerns and helps justify this pick!
2 45    Logan Hall, DL, Houston - I made this pick hours before Calais Campbell resigned, so likely I'd have changed directions on this one (Jurgens perhaps).  That being said, I think Hall could still start opposite Campbell, and relegate Derek Wolfe to rotational backup.
3 76    Troy Anderson, LB, Montana St. - Baltimore's LBs ranked near the very bottom of the league last year, so he will be instant impact here.  He's a perfect scheme fit for Baltimore as well.  
3 100    Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston St. - I am very high on McCollum and I got him here way lower than he was on my big board.  Baltimore needs someone that can step in if Peters isn't ready to go, and they need a CB3 regardless.
4 110    Dohnovan West, OL, Arizona St. - This was the pick I made after missing out on Jurgens, who I really wanted for Baltimore.  Decent consolation prize.
4 119    Amare Barno, Edge, Virginia Tech - This is the Justin Houston replacement pick.
4 128    Cam Taylor-Britt, DB, Nebraska - Additional secondary depth was needed here, but really this was more of a BPA pick as I have a 3rd round grade on him.
4 139    Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama - Baltimore always needs an Alabama player! Seriously though, after last year's injuries, they need to bring in someone else so as to not repeat last year.  He only sees the field year 1 with an injury to Dobbins/Gus.  Baltimore can save 4.3 mil moving on from Gus next year if Robinson pans out as well.
4 141    Marquan McCall, NT, Kentucky - This may have been high for him, but I wanted a NT for Baltimore.  This will be the Michael Pierce backup.  In hindsight, I could've gone a different route here, and taken Noah Elliss at 196, but I had Adomitis pegged for 196 all along.
6 196    Cal Adomitis, LS, Pitt - I really do think he'll be a 6th-7th round pick. Baltimore's current LS on the depth chart has never played an NFL snap that I can tell, so I am declaring this a need.  He feels like a player that'll be playing for 10-15 years.

• Like 2

Eagles draft is done

1.15- Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson

1.23- Treylon Burks WR Arkansas

2.47- Lewis Cine S Georgia

2.59- Sam Williams EDGE Ole Miss

3.83- Darrian Beavers LB Cincy

5.156- Thomas Booker IDL Stanford

5.164- Pierre Strong RB SDSU

7.237- Austin Allen TE Nebraska

The trading up and back in the first 2 rounds worked out really well. I went and got the guys I wanted without giving up too much. Only need that wasn't addressed was OL but the Eagles actually have very good OL depth. So I'm not concerned. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eh3034 said:

I guess I have a draft class of mine complete, here's the Baltimore draft:

1 14    Drake London, WR, USC - This wasn't the direction I wanted to go, but the board wasn't favorable to the Ravens. I do think London would be a great addition, and they need a WR somewhere in this draft.  Fingers crossed his personal pro day tomorrow alleviates injury concerns and helps justify this pick!
2 45    Logan Hall, DL, Houston - I made this pick hours before Calais Campbell resigned, so likely I'd have changed directions on this one (Jurgens perhaps).  That being said, I think Hall could still start opposite Campbell, and relegate Derek Wolfe to rotational backup.
3 76    Troy Anderson, LB, Montana St. - Baltimore's LBs ranked near the very bottom of the league last year, so he will be instant impact here.  He's a perfect scheme fit for Baltimore as well.  
3 100    Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston St. - I am very high on McCollum and I got him here way lower than he was on my big board.  Baltimore needs someone that can step in if Peters isn't ready to go, and they need a CB3 regardless.
4 110    Dohnovan West, OL, Arizona St. - This was the pick I made after missing out on Jurgens, who I really wanted for Baltimore.  Decent consolation prize.
4 119    Amare Barno, Edge, Virginia Tech - This is the Justin Houston replacement pick.
4 128    Cam Taylor-Britt, DB, Nebraska - Additional secondary depth was needed here, but really this was more of a BPA pick as I have a 3rd round grade on him.
4 139    Brian Robinson, RB, Alabama - Baltimore always needs an Alabama player! Seriously though, after last year's injuries, they need to bring in someone else so as to not repeat last year.  He only sees the field year 1 with an injury to Dobbins/Gus.  Baltimore can save 4.3 mil moving on from Gus next year if Robinson pans out as well.
4 141    Marquan McCall, NT, Kentucky - This may have been high for him, but I wanted a NT for Baltimore.  This will be the Michael Pierce backup.  In hindsight, I could've gone a different route here, and taken Noah Elliss at 196, but I had Adomitis pegged for 196 all along.
6 196    Cal Adomitis, LS, Pitt - I really do think he'll be a 6th-7th round pick. Baltimore's current LS on the depth chart has never played an NFL snap that I can tell, so I am declaring this a need.  He feels like a player that'll be playing for 10-15 years.

The London pick is pretty surprising considering how many WR's they have drafted over the past couple years in a low pass volume offense. Lots of real Ravens picks here especially on D......Hall, Andersen, Taylor-Britt and McCollum are all very strong picks for that team

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Eagles draft is done

1.15- Andrew Booth Jr CB Clemson

1.23- Treylon Burks WR Arkansas

2.47- Lewis Cine S Georgia

2.59- Sam Williams EDGE Ole Miss

3.83- Darrian Beavers LB Cincy

5.156- Thomas Booker IDL Stanford

5.164- Pierre Strong RB SDSU

7.237- Austin Allen TE Nebraska

The trading up and back in the first 2 rounds worked out really well. I went and got the guys I wanted without giving up too much. Only need that wasn't addressed was OL but the Eagles actually have very good OL depth. So I'm not concerned. 

I like it. I've come to learn that you are very high on Booth and Burks, so can't argue with you getting your guys!  Cine at 47 and Strong at 164 are absolute steals too!  A lot of my mocks have had Lloyd in the 1st or Muma in the 2nd for Philly, so I'm definitely on board with Beavers at 83 considering how this draft played out.

I was sooo close to making it through this whole draft with every prospect on my draft spreadsheet.  Props to @EaglesPeteCfor the cool named Qwuantrezz Knight!  I see ESPN has him as a 7th round grade, and no other publication that I quick scanned even mentions him.  I will admit I know absolutely nothing about him.

Edited by eh3034

Just now, eh3034 said:

I was sooo close to making it through this whole draft with every prospect on my draft board.  Props to @EaglesPeteCfor the cool named Qwanatrezz Knight!  I see ESPN has him as a 7th round grade, and no other publication that I quick scanned even mentions him.  I will admit I know absolutely nothing about him.

lol I pulled him from the draft doc from the other mock we are in. I had never heard of him but that name was calling to me

• Like 1