Steelers Hire Brian Flores as the New Linebackers Coach/Senior Defensive Assistant

MOSteelers56

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/02/steelers-name-brian-flores-senior-assistant-linebackers-coach/

Seems like a great hire. He was BB’s linebackers coach before he was the HC in Miami.

NE linebackers were known for being discipline and great tacklers..something that unit was lacking last yr maybe he can unlock Bush potential

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

I’m worried though. Minkah seemed to put some of the blame of wanting out of Miami on Flores. 

I think this is valid, but I believe with Tomlin still being the head and Flores coaching a different group, it shouldn’t matter much. 

I also don’t see Flores being here long…which ultimately makes this a great hire, provided they don’t overhaul the Rooney rules. 

Awkward though…as a PSU fan and Steelers fan, I often joke about the similarities of Tomlin and Franklin. Here, they both hired former Miami HCs to help their defense…..

• Like 1