Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

Care to enlighten us?

Listen to the joebucs fan podcast and scuttle Bucs. 

And what cowherd has said on Tuesday that he would but heads with the front office in Oakland and Tampa. 

Im not saying he hasn't changed but for him to leave a cushy 6.5 million a year job, you really think he'd relinquish his demands ? 

Hell run the offense which everyone on these boards saw as predictable and never called for shots down the field. His offense was vanilla. 

Some of these old school head coaches have a knack for being stubborn. Gruden is known as being stubborn. Very few adjust. Grudens offense of 07 would get throttled in this league. 

Look at the Pats. They use a lot of chip Kelly's route concepts from Oregon. It's successful. Kelly just didn't know how to install it at the NFL pace. 

Here's what I wrote in Gen a few weeks ago:

R1 Traded for Revis. Lulz.

R2 CB Johnthan Banks - He struggled throughout his time here. He always looked more like a FS than a CB. I don't think he's playing anywhere now.

R3 QB Mike Glennon - He had a surprisingly ok rookie year. He was a good backup. He was awful as Chicago's starter this year.

R4 DT Akeem Spence - He was ok as a backup. He's starting for Detroit now.

R4 DE William Gholston - He's a great run stuffing LDE, nothing more. He's starting for us now.

R5 DE Steven Means - I don't think he's in the NFL anymore.

R6 RB Mike James - Everyone's favorite RB in the preseason. But that was it. I don't think he's in the NFL anymore either.

2014 (GM Jason Licht's first draft)

R1 WR Mike Evans - He's having a rough year but he's still one of the best.

R2 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - He got in trouble, had awful work ethic, and had a terrible attitude. He's starting for the Jets now.

R3 RB Charles Sims - He broke out a couple years ago as one of the best third down backs in the league. It's been all downhill ever since. He's a FA after this year, so I'm sure he'll go to NE and flourish.

R5 G Kadeem Edwards - I don't think he ever played. And I don't think he's in the NFL now.

R5 OL Kevin Pamphile - He's a terrible starting guard but he's a good swing guy and OT. He's starting for us right now.

R6 WR Robert Herron - He's out of the NFL.

R1 QB Jameis Winston - He's the franchise QB right now.

R2 OT Donovan Smith - He's started at LT from day one. I don't think he's missed a game. And he's awful. He needs to move inside to hide how awful he is in space.

R2 OL Ali Marpet - He's started since day one. He quickly became one of the best guards in the NFL. We moved him to center and he struggled early with his snaps. He was starting to play back to his skill level at guard before he ended up on IR.

R4 MLB Kwon Alexander - He's been a starter since day one. He's been a leader for most of his tenure here too. He's been great, but he's struggled this year since coming back from an injury.

R5 WR Kenny Bell - He was an offseason superstar. He was supposed to be the steal of all steals. Then the preseason came around and he disappeared. Then he got cut. Lulz.

R6 WR/KR Kaelin Clay - He didn't make it here but he's returning kicks for TDs elsewhere.

R7 FB Joey Iosefa - I didn't get the pick. He didn't fit anything we want to do. He failed in NE and I think he's out of the NFL now.

R1 CB Vernon Hargreaves - He gave up 1,000 yards as a rookie. He started this year on pace to give up almost 1,300 before we moved him to the slot and made him play press coverage. Then he became a big blanket, giving up something like 4/15 passing through three games before getting hurt.

R2 DE Noah Spence - He had a great rookie year, considering he played almost the whole year with an AC joint injury. Then he had surgery and tore up camp. He dominated the Jags in a week of joint practices. Then he sprained that same AC joint his very first snap of the season. He tried to play through it but we shut him down and IRd him.

R2 K Roberto Aguayo 

txYfbBg.gif

R4 CB Ryan Smith - We tried to make him a safety last year, which basically cost him the season and set him back for this year. He's been getting a lot of playing time this year. He started out the year looking lost. But now he's a serviceable starter, even making plays now and then.

R5 OT Caleb Benenoch - He's still a work in progress but he's our primary backup swing tackle.

R6 OLB Devante Bond - He was set to start this year before he got hurt. Then Beckwith took over and hasn't looked back. Bond has struggled a bit this year on special teams. He's had a few costly penalties and whiffed on a block which lead to a blocked punt.

R6 FB Dan Vitale - He was supposed to be a super HBack type but he didn't make the team. Last I knew he was in Cleveland.

R1 TE OJ Howard - We started only using him as a blocker, which he has done a pretty good job at. Then we started using him in the passing game, which he has also done a good job with. But we don't utilize him enough.

R2 S Justin Evans - I didn't really like the pick at the time. But dude's been ballin' lately. He still misses assignments like any rookie. But we don't have a guy on defense with his athleticism. He's got three picks this year.

R3 WR Chris Godwin - He's not being used enough. Koetter shows too much loyalty to guys like Hump (and freaking Martino today LOLOLOLOL). Godwin has made quite a few clutch third down catches the last few weeks. He had five catches for almost 70 yards in his start while Evans was suspended. 

R3 LB Kendell Beckwith - I'd venture to say he's a legitimate steal in this draft. He's played all the LB spots and done well in each one. He was leading the team in tackles but I don't know if he still is. We've even tried him at EDGE in 3/4 looks and he's done surprisingly well.

R5 RB Jeremy McNichols - He struggled learning the playbook and had an awful attitude. We offered him a practice squad spot and he left for San Fran.

R7 DT Stevie Tu'ikolovatu - He looked like the behemoth space eater we wanted before he ended up on IR for the year.

Overall

16 picks (of 32 possible picks, excluding the traded first) have started or been key contributors.

Two terrible trades (Revis, Aguayo).

Four busts (of 14 possible picks) taken in the first three rounds.

Five picks (of 17 possible picks) have been good picks round four or later.

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

So if licht did a good job of drafting guys who are successful on other teams, then he let them go. That's not a good assessment either. 

That sounds like a coaching issue to me. Licht can't draft AND develope everyone.

6 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

He had full roster control though. 

And if coaches are telling him certain guys aren't working out, why wouldn't he listen to them?

He's obviously not so far up his own *** that he sees his word as law. He's very hands on but he takes all feedback and acts accordingly.

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Gruden to this day failed to be successful with the Bucs after the super bowl. He had no consistency. He didn't build the franchise to a super bowl contender. 

While he got them to the promise land everything he did after that was simply average. 

And, as has been pointed out, he didn't have premium picks to use to try and keep us going. 

I'm still on the fence about Gruden. But acting like he's some dictator who hasn't changed (or refused to) AND didn't have an even playing field after the Super Bowl is silly.

If guys like Jeff Fisher can bounce around the NFL forever, Gruden deserves another chance. Whether or not that's with us is up for debate.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Here's what I wrote in Gen a few weeks ago:

R1 Traded for Revis. Lulz.

R2 CB Johnthan Banks - He struggled throughout his time here. He always looked more like a FS than a CB. I don't think he's playing anywhere now.

R3 QB Mike Glennon - He had a surprisingly ok rookie year. He was a good backup. He was awful as Chicago's starter this year.

R4 DT Akeem Spence - He was ok as a backup. He's starting for Detroit now.

R4 DE William Gholston - He's a great run stuffing LDE, nothing more. He's starting for us now.

R5 DE Steven Means - I don't think he's in the NFL anymore.

R6 RB Mike James - Everyone's favorite RB in the preseason. But that was it. I don't think he's in the NFL anymore either.

2014 (GM Jason Licht's first draft)

R1 WR Mike Evans - He's having a rough year but he's still one of the best.

R2 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - He got in trouble, had awful work ethic, and had a terrible attitude. He's starting for the Jets now.

R3 RB Charles Sims - He broke out a couple years ago as one of the best third down backs in the league. It's been all downhill ever since. He's a FA after this year, so I'm sure he'll go to NE and flourish.

R5 G Kadeem Edwards - I don't think he ever played. And I don't think he's in the NFL now.

R5 OL Kevin Pamphile - He's a terrible starting guard but he's a good swing guy and OT. He's starting for us right now.

R6 WR Robert Herron - He's out of the NFL.

R1 QB Jameis Winston - He's the franchise QB right now.

R2 OT Donovan Smith - He's started at LT from day one. I don't think he's missed a game. And he's awful. He needs to move inside to hide how awful he is in space.

R2 OL Ali Marpet - He's started since day one. He quickly became one of the best guards in the NFL. We moved him to center and he struggled early with his snaps. He was starting to play back to his skill level at guard before he ended up on IR.

R4 MLB Kwon Alexander - He's been a starter since day one. He's been a leader for most of his tenure here too. He's been great, but he's struggled this year since coming back from an injury.

R5 WR Kenny Bell - He was an offseason superstar. He was supposed to be the steal of all steals. Then the preseason came around and he disappeared. Then he got cut. Lulz.

R6 WR/KR Kaelin Clay - He didn't make it here but he's returning kicks for TDs elsewhere.

R7 FB Joey Iosefa - I didn't get the pick. He didn't fit anything we want to do. He failed in NE and I think he's out of the NFL now.

R1 CB Vernon Hargreaves - He gave up 1,000 yards as a rookie. He started this year on pace to give up almost 1,300 before we moved him to the slot and made him play press coverage. Then he became a big blanket, giving up something like 4/15 passing through three games before getting hurt.

R2 DE Noah Spence - He had a great rookie year, considering he played almost the whole year with an AC joint injury. Then he had surgery and tore up camp. He dominated the Jags in a week of joint practices. Then he sprained that same AC joint his very first snap of the season. He tried to play through it but we shut him down and IRd him.

R2 K Roberto Aguayo 

txYfbBg.gif

R4 CB Ryan Smith - We tried to make him a safety last year, which basically cost him the season and set him back for this year. He's been getting a lot of playing time this year. He started out the year looking lost. But now he's a serviceable starter, even making plays now and then.

R5 OT Caleb Benenoch - He's still a work in progress but he's our primary backup swing tackle.

R6 OLB Devante Bond - He was set to start this year before he got hurt. Then Beckwith took over and hasn't looked back. Bond has struggled a bit this year on special teams. He's had a few costly penalties and whiffed on a block which lead to a blocked punt.

R6 FB Dan Vitale - He was supposed to be a super HBack type but he didn't make the team. Last I knew he was in Cleveland.

R1 TE OJ Howard - We started only using him as a blocker, which he has done a pretty good job at. Then we started using him in the passing game, which he has also done a good job with. But we don't utilize him enough.

R2 S Justin Evans - I didn't really like the pick at the time. But dude's been ballin' lately. He still misses assignments like any rookie. But we don't have a guy on defense with his athleticism. He's got three picks this year.

R3 WR Chris Godwin - He's not being used enough. Koetter shows too much loyalty to guys like Hump (and freaking Martino today LOLOLOLOL). Godwin has made quite a few clutch third down catches the last few weeks. He had five catches for almost 70 yards in his start while Evans was suspended. 

R3 LB Kendell Beckwith - I'd venture to say he's a legitimate steal in this draft. He's played all the LB spots and done well in each one. He was leading the team in tackles but I don't know if he still is. We've even tried him at EDGE in 3/4 looks and he's done surprisingly well.

R5 RB Jeremy McNichols - He struggled learning the playbook and had an awful attitude. We offered him a practice squad spot and he left for San Fran.

R7 DT Stevie Tu'ikolovatu - He looked like the behemoth space eater we wanted before he ended up on IR for the year.

Overall

16 picks (of 32 possible picks, excluding the traded first) have started or been key contributors.

Two terrible trades (Revis, Aguayo).

Four busts (of 14 possible picks) taken in the first three rounds.

Five picks (of 17 possible picks) have been good picks round four or later.

that s terrific work, this shows why the Glazers would want him to stick around

Idk we all got excited when we had the triumphant lovie smith return with the same old concepts that worked 10 years ago or so that don't work now. 

Gruden was known for a vanilla offense. 2 out of 6 years we were playoff contenders after  2002. 

Lets get fresh. Go after Patricia or mcdaniels. 

Rumor was Parcells did not take the job because of the salary cap situation. Gruden comes in with less draft choices and takes the job.

This may turn out to be a disaster, but I hope we can all see why the Glazers would have interest, all things considered including keeping Licht.

Archived