Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

At least 4 of Mslcolm s children work for the organization that might explain some of the reluctance to create a president level on the organizational chart.  I m sure all the children are making very good salaries.

Lovie s salary comes off the books.  If Koetter gets fired, they probably owe him 2 years.  Who knows if Smith was extended besides the pay bump.

4 hours ago, deuces22wild said:

Imagine the respect around the league if we start bringing in Brooks, Gruden etc. Always wondered why guys like Barber, Alstott etc don’t have roles in the organization.

Not all successful players are meant for front office or scouting roles. See matt Mullen. 

17 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/12/bucs-podcast-inside-the-locker-room/

you will have to listen. I’m here it states that the grumors have him wanting to be the highest paid coach with personnel control. 

I dont think gruden deserves either. 

If the Glazers are willing to make Gruden one of the highest paid head coaches in the league, the power goes with it.  All the other head coaches in that pay range have that power.  Maybe it turns out that is too much for the Glazers to give, but salary and power are linked in that pay range.  Who knows BOB might be out in Houston, there have been twists and turns in previous Bucs head coaching searches.

No I dont believe Arians is an option for the Bucs.  However, as head coaching jobs come available, established DCs might come available if not promoted.  In this case James Bettcher  is a name to keep an eye one.  I thinks its safe to say the Cards defense is a tad more aggressive then the Bucs.  It is a 3-4, but they use Bucannon  as an undersized LB.  I believe whoever is the head coach will have a great shot at getting an established DC who has shown recent success.

59 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

If the Glazers are willing to make Gruden one of the highest paid head coaches in the league, the power goes with it.  All the other head coaches in that pay range have that power.  Maybe it turns out that is too much for the Glazers to give, but salary and power are linked in that pay range.  Who knows BOB might be out in Houston, there have been twists and turns in previous Bucs head coaching searches.

Agree with the twists and turns. But I feel like maybe if Gruden wants to come back to coaching, he passes Bc he sets the bar too high with what he demands, no team will give him that Bc 03-08, he was average, and he was horrible with full control. I’m hoping the glazers shy away with this. If they grant gruden his wishes, you might as well wave good bye to licht and we’ll be giving him the same power that got him fired. Makes zero sense. 

58 minutes ago, Calibucsfan said:

I would probably fall very hard for offseason hype if we got Gruden. I would be expecting a Superbowl win, and anything less is failure.

AGreed. They’re going to pay him (if he’s brought back) like Pete Carroll , bellichik, tomlin, harbaugh. Honestly, he’s not even close to that caliber. 

I think gruden is very overrated. Good coach. Great coach? HOF Coach? No. 

Archived