Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

That only proves my point that smith had nothing to work with this year

It's not like we'd be in the playoff hunt either. We've been giving up around 70% completions to QBs all year. A slightly better pass rush can only do so much to fix that when half our secondary doesn't understand the scheme and the other half is giving up seven yard cushions and playing deep.

Regardless of the lack of DL talent, Mike Smith needs to be gone due to our LBs and Secondary consistanty holding their arms out saying they don’t know what the play or coverage is. That’s coaching and inexcusable. 

With Koetter coming back that tells me Marpet will still be a C and Smith will still be the LT.  I would disagree with at least Marpet in that situation. Hope the OL personnel or arrangement gets switched up. I want our top 5 guard back.

Oh well. The people do have a point: we cannot fire coaches every 2 years. No one will ever want to come here. Regardless how good or bad Dirk will be, we probably have to keep him 2 more seasons regardless what happens.

However I think he can still get us to a winning team. Winston is wrapping up his 3rd year in the league, he has a ton of film now for Dirk to look at. Seeing as to how Winston played a lot better the past few weeks, he can know dissect what works for Winston and what does not. I am sure this offseason he will tear a lot of pages out of the playbook(the ones that do not work with Winston), thus HOPEFULLY leading to a elite QB year for Winston next season.

Archived