Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

It really is funny how ESPN has handled the Gruden rumors, not even acknowledging them.  It is shameful they act like some type of credible news outlet.  

The only rational for Licht to survive is if he is the head of amateur scouting.  I wonder if that is the case even right now.  Looking at the number of free agents brought in over the last 2 years smells of Koetter/Smith and to a lesser extent Hayes.  

Here s the list

Hawley, Rodgers, Antoine Smith, Martino, Grimes, McClain, Clarke, Daryl Smith.

This looks like a GM who is definitely catering to the coaching staff.  

Get rid of Martin and overhaul the defensive side and I’m onboard. I don’t even think Smith necessarily needs to go - if it genuinely was a pass rush issue this season. That will be obvious from film.

If Koetter continues with Martin, then we’ve got a problem. Expect a draft with a heavy investment in both lines.

Another point to consider - Miko’s impending Twitter explosion will shead a lot of light on what’s went on this season.

Well I wonder if there is a role for Marvin Lewis after all.  Maybe some type of advisor role like Butch Davis.  Who in this regime is going to select free agents.  Here s my wish list of assistants replaced:  DC, Dline, Oline, QB, and special teams.  I do like the idea of Monken staying around,  I think the offense has changed some later in the year.  Good news, at least there will be plenty of 1pm starts.

A Bucs coaching search is like no other, expect the unexpected.

I agreed with the comments from Rivera the other week, that getting a 3rd year is key. From a consistency standpoint and a team moral standpoint, people in our organization have to know that it’s ok to have a bad season.

The fact that the players are still playing hard is reason #1 why I think they are giving Koetter 1 more year. Reason #2 is what a healthy Jameis has done. Reason #3 is because Koetter probably told the owners his plan to get rid of certain coaches and what he will do different if retained.

Id like to think that given the chance, he will do things differently next year. Koetter needs to the the head coach of the TEAM. Monken needs to call plays. Smith and Bajakein need to be gone.

All that being said, if we don’t have a winning season in 2018, the house is getting cleaned.

Y'know. JoeBuc, PR, Stroud, and everyone else that writes for the Bucs should be the ones to blame when our home games next year are empty. They've spent the better part of the last month or so writing about how Dirk sucks at this, and how he sucks at that. How we should hire Gruden. How this is bad and the only fix starts with firing the coaching staff.

Sure, we've sucked this year. And Koetter has been part of the problem. But he's been painted as THE problem. And it's been rammed down our throats for the last six weeks. So of course guys are gonna be upset we're keeping him around. 

Good luck getting/keeping fan support when your beat writers have spent most of the season talking about how the head coach should be fired; only to be given one more year.

Archived