Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

Again I hate the fact they're not letting licht conduct the search. That's poor leadership from the glazers who've goofed every hire since firing gruden, which I rightfully agree with back in 08. 

Licht had no choice but to keep koetter as head coach. Glazers panicked Bc they didn't want Jameis to have a new OC after his first year. 

They botched the lovie smith hire big time and didn't even bring in zimmer who would have rocked it here. 

Honestly hiring gruden is just a poor move to engage the fan base again Bc he won a super bowl. They fired him in 08 stating his poor drafting, average to below average seasons post super bowl victory. 

Now all of a sudden, the gruden brigade is stating it was more Bruce Allen and McKay that led to grudens fall? 

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Again I hate the fact they're not letting licht conduct the search. That's poor leadership from the glazers who've goofed every hire since firing gruden, which I rightfully agree with back in 08. 

Licht had no choice but to keep koetter as head coach. Glazers panicked Bc they didn't want Jameis to have a new OC after his first year. 

They botched the lovie smith hire big time and didn't even bring in zimmer who would have rocked it here. 

We can't really look for a HC until we actually have a vacancy. That's in poor taste. I'm sure there have been conversations behind closed doors.

Just now, REDandPEWTER said:

Honestly hiring gruden is just a poor move to engage the fan base again Bc he won a super bowl. They fired him in 08 stating his poor drafting, average to below average seasons post super bowl victory. 

Now all of a sudden, the gruden brigade is stating it was more Bruce Allen and McKay that led to grudens fall? 

I don't know. I think it's folks sick of losing and remembering the Superb Owl.

4 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I’d like to think 9 years in the booth and some personal maturation change how Gruden approaches some things as a coach.

However I totally agree they blew it by not hiring Zimmer. I was a big fan of us hiring him back in the day.

They blew it the year they hired schiano then two years later with smith. 

That shows you how inept owner ship is here. I'm almost positive we brought him in in 2012 for an interview or two and still botched that up 

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Bruce Allen was a glorified accountant who was brought in to fix the salary cap mess. He was basically Gruden’s sidekick.

I think the team (ie the defence) peaked in the early 2000s and since we invested so heavily in Gruden, was never properly replaced.

Gruden has to be blamed for our poor drafting, although he was relatively decent in free agency, particularly at finding vets. He also had a huge ego and put guys like Michael Clayton permanently in his doghouse for reasons that were never particularly clear.

I don’t think the end of the Gruden era was that bad. 2007 could have been an 11 win season, had we not completely stopped trying to win after securing the division in week 15 and 2008 could have been special had the team not fallen apart.

I think the story at the time was that the Glazers weren’t happy at how Gruden handled the Kiffin situation, though there’s a lot of stories going around about what went on at the end of that season. 

Who knows if he’s back, but at least if he is we’ll be mediocre at worst, rather than completely ****.

6 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

You point out mechanics for QBs, so honestly you would have drafted Rodgers with him holding the ball by his ear?  You can complain about the Glazers process which is fair, but at least I hope you could understand why this may actually happen.  

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Switching to a 3/4 would be a mistake. David and Kwon would be eaten alive.

I doubt they go 3-4 as a base also.  Assuming they draft a DE, they 'll get Beckwith in nickel a lot with him as rush LB. Keep Gholston as a reserve DE for some size.  I can see Key as a 3-4 OLB, but Chubb and Ferrell I see more effective in a 4-3

23 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I doubt they go 3-4 as a base also.  Assuming they draft a DE, they 'll get Beckwith in nickel a lot with him as rush LB. Keep Gholston as a reserve DE for some size.  I can see Key as a 3-4 OLB, but Chubb and Ferrell I see more effective in a 4-3

I agree with all of this. But Spence is a 3/4 OLB. Unless we designate him as a third down rusher.

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

As much as I liked gholston, why pay a reserve DL 7.5 million a year when you can cut bait next year? 

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

As much as I liked gholston, why pay a reserve DL 7.5 million a year when you can cut bait next year? 

For a couple of reasons,  First, they have plenty of cap space to do what they want.  He has versatility to play inside and actually hold up.  Ayers won't be back.  I haven't seen enough from Clarke to say definitely cut Gholston.  I cant see the Bucs wanting to get 3 DEs in free agency assuming Ayers, Clarke, and Gholston released.  Right or wrong Jay Hayes is going to be a scapegoat,   Whoever is in charge, I think will want to work with him.  Besides, if his base salary is only guaranteed 8f he makes the roster, no harm in bringing him to training camp.

Archived