Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

the word he used was anticipate.  He still has to get the blessing of the Glazers to bring the staff back.  I would not expect him on day 1 of the offseason to throw anyone under the bus.  Outside of Smith, I doubt any assistant is under contract.  Im pretty confident Koetter would not jeopardize his staff getting jobs here or somewhere else by saying anything publically negative.

I ll wait till February before I believe everything.

I look forward to complaining with you in February.

Complain about coaching all you want. Players need to be held accountable for lack of execution. 

I bet the panthers aren’t regretting letting go of ron Rivera. 

We act like koetter and mike smith haven’t ever had success in this league. They have. One more year. 

This isn’t surprising since Koetter is being retained. Smith hasn’t always got it right here, but he did get the defence to substantially outperform it’s ability down the stretch in 2016. 

Give him a decent pass rush and if he still can’t produce a consistent defence, I’ll be fully behind showing him the door.

The defence was not good this season and we were probably doomed from the start. What DCs with a better track record than Smith are available?

38 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

This isn’t surprising since Koetter is being retained. Smith hasn’t always got it right here, but he did get the defence to substantially outperform it’s ability down the stretch in 2016. 

Give him a decent pass rush and if he still can’t produce a consistent defence, I’ll be fully behind showing him the door.

The defence was not good this season and we were probably doomed from the start. What DCs with a better track record than Smith are available?

Exactly. Smith has done well in this league. No DC will be successful with the type of pass rush talent we have. With smiths resume of success, I’d say it’s right to give him the horses up front and see what happens. 

33 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Exactly. Smith has done well in this league. No DC will be successful with the type of pass rush talent we have. With smiths resume of success, I’d say it’s right to give him the horses up front and see what happens. 

This does nothing to explain why vets like Grimes had their arms out not knowing the coverage pre snap on multiple occasions or the game plan for the Case Keenum lead Vikings. That’s coaching and inexcusable. It wasn’t once or twice either. It was ALL SEASON LONG. We all agree Lovie Smith was stale dated right? Why can’t Mike Smith be?

26 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

This does nothing to explain why vets like Grimes had their arms out not knowing the coverage pre snap on multiple occasions or the game plan for the Case Keenum lead Vikings. That’s coaching and inexcusable. It wasn’t once or twice either. It was ALL SEASON LONG. We all agree Lovie Smith was stale dated right? Why can’t Mike Smith be?

Mike smith fielded a defense that was down right dominate to close out last year and was the reason behind the Bucs run last year. The defense improved down the stretch this year but gets flack Bc they couldn’t over come turnovers from the offense. 

He’s had more success than Lovie Smith. And mike smith deserves to be judged with a pass rush. That game plan in Minnesota? Where both corners were just abused? With no pass rush? Again. If you can’t pressure the qb , you can’t defend and you’re going to have the worst defense in the league. 

22 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Mike smith fielded a defense that was down right dominate to close out last year and was the reason behind the Bucs run last year. The defense improved down the stretch this year but gets flack Bc they couldn’t over come turnovers from the offense. 

He’s had more success than Lovie Smith. And mike smith deserves to be judged with a pass rush. That game plan in Minnesota? Where both corners were just abused? With no pass rush? Again. If you can’t pressure the qb , you can’t defend and you’re going to have the worst defense in the league. 

Correction. We had a defense in 2016 that went on an unrealistic turnover binge. One that is not easily duplicated. 

Minnesota is an example. His game plan vs Julio? I guess he could have done better with the game plan if he’d faced Julio before... Arizona? etc. 

Im not saying our historically bad DL didn’t hurt him, but he didn’t have these players ready week in and week out.

I honestly don't know what to say about Tice. We had arguably the best line in all of football last season under his supervision and investing so much in to it. However this season it took a major step back (much like our entire O). I think Downing screwed with everything, including the O-line play. We seemed to implement more zone stuff rather than what we were best at in power blocking. 

Tice should do extremely well with a fresh start imo.

Archived