Dirk Koetter sticking around for 2018, Mike Smith and all assistant coaches too

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Brings me to my next constructively criticism of Jason Licht. 

In the second round of the 2017 draft, Licht tried to move up and draft Dalvin Cook. However the asking price was too high that he passed. 

Bucs clearly were looking to upgrade at RB. 

What didn’t they see in Alvin Kamara and Kareem Hunt? Kamara for sure Bc he went to the division rival Saints and is a versatile stud and we wouldn’t have had to trade up in either scenario. 

I like Justin Evans but he clearly is not the overal impact of a Hunt or Kamara. 

Again Licht failed to address the talent on this roster when it was available. 

i agree here, i wasnt a big fan of Kamara, after watching his tape i thought he was just quick and it wouldnt translate, but i think Hunt should have been the pick

20 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We liked Godwin more in the third. I still don't see anything wrong with that.

ive always been on the train of thought that Godwin was not a player we needed at the time

21 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

We had a HUGE hole at CB when we took VHIII. AND we traded back to get him. Again, I don't see anything wrong with it.

I do. That’s reaching for need. Hargreaves had a down year his junior season. A lot of scouting reports had him more of a nickel guy. That’s not who you take at 12. 

Honestly if what we heard about how scouts loved Ngueke back in 2016 and we passed on him twice in round 2, what if that’s the trend in the Bucs front office? Licht not listening to scouts. 

Does he know how to evaluate talent properly? 

- he let Patrick omeheh Lg in 2013 go. Now he’s having a great year starting in Jacksonville. He created a need  

- Donald penn. Enough said. Created another need when he didn’t have to  

- moving marpet to C. He was excellent at RG. While he hasn’t been a disappointment at C, just didn’t make sense. 

- not evaluating the Rb position. Yes apparently he was extremely high on Dalvin cook to try and trade up for him. However, it seemed like to licht it was Cook or Bust. And clearly in round 2, if he was willing to not take Justin Evans for a Rb, what isn’t he seeing in studs like Hunt and Kamara who I might argue we’re better than Cook? 

- DL : this is just putrid. And his evaluations were horrible and decided to risk it all on Ayers, spence, and Gholston somehow developing into a pass rusher. 

8 hours ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Yes but this history has us where we’re at now. 

And two big time players in Rankins and Kamara could have been bucs. They are Saint’s. They hit. We missed. 

We could apply the same logic for pretty much every guy we passed on (or didn't draft) that went on to become great. We could even go back as far as trading Steve Young. Or passing on ARod.

But there's really no point. Especially in this instance, since both Evans and Godwin seem like good players.

• 2 weeks later...

INTEresting nugget read  today. Mike Tice retired from footballs due to players today “don’t want to be coached anymore”. 

Many ex coaches and even heard koetter say it. Players get coaches fired. 

Maybe the glazers evaluation of the roster and staff determined this wasnt as much of a coaching issue as many fans and media thinks. 

27 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

INTEresting nugget read  today. Mike Tice retired from footballs due to players today “don’t want to be coached anymore”. 

Many ex coaches and even heard koetter say it. Players get coaches fired. 

Maybe the glazers evaluation of the roster and staff determined this wasnt as much of a coaching issue as many fans and media thinks. 

We all saw that five game stretch of bonkers defense a couple years ago when we were the best in the league, by far. I'm not the biggest fan of the scheme. And communication has been cited as an issue. But maybe guys are freelancing a little too much? That wouldn't be a coaching or a scheme issue.

We've seen both McClain and Conte leave their zones and huge plays happen because of it. There are a ton of other examples, but those two popped into my head immediately. I don't know if it's an issue of guys being uncoachable. But following directions has been an issue time and again.

Sheldon Rankins ? Lol

He has like two sacks this season its safe to say he wasn’t the answer for our pass rush woes on defense. 

Kamara round 2 coulda woulda shoulda he’s great but he plays a position thats not really important. RB is a need for us but winning championships is on the arm of QBs. Anything to protect and disrupt QBs will have you playing deep in post season.

Archived