WC pick up Montez Sweat’s Option

ARTMONK HOF

On 3/2/2022 at 1:34 PM, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Definitely would like to see an extension.  He is about to enter his prime.

The issue there is I heard on the radio the other day they’re trying to work out an extension with Payne & with Terry too.

I don’t see them signing all 3 of them to contract extensions this off-season. If they re-sign Payne, Sweat could be the odd man out of that DL if Chase bounces back and has a good to great season.

On 3/2/2022 at 3:03 PM, ripsean21 said:

I think this is his breakout season coming.

I sure hope so, last year was disappointing for him, everyone focuses on how disappointing Chase’s season was but Sweats was just as disappointing given what he flashed in his second season.

On 3/3/2022 at 10:43 PM, turtle28 said:

The issue there is I heard on the radio the other day they’re trying to work out an extension with Payne & with Terry too.

I don’t see them signing all 3 of them to contract extensions this off-season. If they re-sign Payne, Sweat could be the odd man out of that DL if Chase bounces back and has a good to great season.

An extension for Payne seems weird.  I thought for sure he was going to be the odd man out, but perhaps they are looking to possibly leverage someone else in trade talks. 

• Like 1

They should extend Sweat & Scary Terry, asap.

I would hold up on extending Payne. I would actually dangle him in trade offers for our QB if possible.

And the ONLY reason why I do that. Is because I think Tim Settle is a stud, without opportunity.

With the big 4 up front in Sweat, Young, Payne & Allen? Then Ionitus coming off the bench?

Settle hardly ever gets much playing time. But everytime he plays, I always see him making a play. Batting the ball down ....tripping up the QB with his arms.

Love Payne, but I think Settle would be a pretty good replacement. In fact, lock up Settle longer while he's cheap.

J. Allen is a stud and team Captain. He ain't going nowhere, although he is the oldest.

I'm NOT advocating trading Payne...don't get me wrong.

But if I had to lose 1 of the front 4…?

Payne's loss would be more doable, than the others, imo. 

• Like 1