Cowboys "likely" to release WR Amari Cooper at start of league year

TheKillerNacho

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

First Dates Rte GIF by COCO Content

This has to be sarcasm.....right? Right?

No. 

Amari Cooper has a Catch Rate Percentage of 68.1% since joining Dallas and throughout the previous 4 years he's only dropped a combined 17 balls (3.7% drop rate).

Davante Adams throughout the previous 4 years has a catch rate percentage of 70.4% and throughout the previous 4 years he's dropped 16 balls (2.6% drop rate).

It's like splitting hairs (overall differential) so if Amari Cooper doesn't have A+ hands well, then; neither does Davante Adams. 

• Yes.

Amari Cooper has elite route running abilities along with A+ hands.

PS: Dak Prescott has only thrown 9 INTs throughout the previous 4 years when targeting/throwing to Amari Cooper (2.25 INTs per season) in comparison to Dak Prescott already tossing 8 INTs when targeting/throwing to CeeDee Lamb throughout the previous 2 years (4.5 INTs per season).

You want to talk about bad hands?

Talk about CeeDee Lamb's 16 drops throughout only his first 2 years + a drop rate percentage of 7%. 

Chelsea Fc Lol GIF by BBC

28 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

You want to talk about bad hands?

Talk about CeeDee Lamb's 16 drops throughout only his first 2 years + a drop rate percentage of 7%. 

Walk me through how CD having drops issues somehow makes you believe that Cooper doesn’t? You are actively trolling now, right? What, exactly, was your point of bringing up CD?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Walk me through how CD having drops issues somehow makes you believe that Cooper doesn’t? You are actively trolling now, right? What, exactly, was your point of bringing up CD?

It was to show 1 Dallas player who has a problem with drops and one 1 Dallas player who doesn't. 

Amari Cooper has a Catch Rate Percentage of 68.1% throughout the previous 4 years and has dropped a combined 17 balls (3.7% drop rate).

Davante Adams has a Catch Rate Percentage of 70.4% throughout the previous 4 years and has dropped a combined 16 balls (2.6% drop rate).

The difference?

Davante Adams has a much (much) better QB throwing him the ball (Aaron Rodgers).

~ So if Amari Cooper doesn't have A+ hands? Neither does Davante Adams (both are amazing WR talents).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Not because of Amari Cooper.

He's only dropped 17 balls throughout the previous 4 years.

Debatable if that number is accurate. That said, Cooper does have great hands when he tries hard. The problem is he is soft and often doesnt give his 100%; which leads to a lot of drops.  More than 17 if we are talking about all of them that hit his fingers. 

22 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Not because of Amari Cooper.

He's only dropped 17 balls throughout the previous 4 years.

Cooper has gotten a ton better about drops. But they are still not a strength of his. CD having drop issues doesn't change this. We don't grade on a curve here.

41 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Amari Cooper has a Catch Rate Percentage of 68.1% throughout the previous 4 years and has dropped a combined 17 balls (3.7% drop rate).

Davante Adams has a Catch Rate Percentage of 70.4% throughout the previous 4 years and has dropped a combined 16 balls (2.6% drop rate).

The difference?

Yeah, the difference is Cooper has been targeted 460 times and Adams has been targeted 614 times - with less drops. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Debatable if that number is accurate. That said, Cooper does have great hands when he tries hard. The problem is he is soft and often doesnt give his 100%; which leads to a lot of drops.  More than 17 if we are talking about all of them that hit his fingers. 

Coop’s problems are really just mental, right? I mean, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the guy play physical football. Especially with the ball in his hands. He just has a less than ideal mentality in terms of being a contact player?

25 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

It doesn’t, though. Dallas WR have drop issues. Hell in 2020 or 2019 Dallas led the League in dropped passes. 

Dallas leading the league in drops has nothing to do with Amari Cooper because Amari Cooper's hands rank right up there with Davante Adams (darn near identical numbers in terms of catch rate percentage, drops and drop rate throughout the previous 4 years) and I don't believe these advanced statistics are lying to us. 

• Dallas 2018 = 22 drops (Cooper 3 of them).

• Dallas 2019 = 36 drops (Cooper 5 of them).

• Dallas 2020 = 36 drops (Copper 3 of them).

• Dallas 2021 = 30 drops (Cooper 3 of them).

And once you factor in the amount of times Amari Cooper has been Targeted over the previous 4 years in Dallas (457 with 311 catches) you'll realize that his drop ball rate percentage has been much lower than the Cowboys team drop ball percentage rate each of the previous 4 years. 

And I agree. Dallas as a team has a lot of dropped ball issues which makes me question Dak Prescott's ball placement abilities (more than Amari Cooper's hands).

And once again...

• Amari Cooper has a Catch Rate Percentage of 68.1% throughout the previous 4 years and has dropped a combined 17 balls (3.7% drop rate).

• Davante Adams has a Catch Rate Percentage of 70.4% throughout the previous 4 years and has dropped a combined 16 balls (2.6% drop rate).

And that's despite Davante Adams having a much better QB than Amari Cooper has had but yet I don't think I've ever witnessed a GB Packers fan claiming Davante Adams himself doesn't have A+ hands nor complaining about his 16 drops throughout the previous 4 years?

7 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

And I agree. Dallas as a team has a lot of dropped ball issues which makes me question Dak Prescott's ball placement abilities (more than Amari Cooper's hands).

That's fine, Dak has absolutely had some bad thrown balls. But Cooper has also had drop issues. It is perfectly okay to criticize someone who is a really good player. 

Cooper is an elite route runner. If my life depended on Cooper or another WR to catch the ball, I am probably taking the other mystery WR. If I my life depended on someone running great routes, Cooper is in strong consideration. 

8 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Yeah, the difference is Cooper has been targeted 460 times and Adams has been targeted 614 times - with less drops. 

Still doesn't change the fact that it's only a difference of 2.6 drop rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 3.2 drop rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

and/or...

70.4% catch rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 68.3% catch rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

So no matter how hard you try you'll never be able to paint an ugly picture in regards to Amari Cooper's hands in comparison to Davante Adams hands (ever). 

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Still doesn't change the fact that it's only a difference of 2.6 drop rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 3.2 drop rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

and/or...

70.4% catch rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 68.3% catch rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

You can have a higher catch rate but worse hands, you know that right? Catch rate is measuring completions/target. There are a ton of things that go into that aside from catching the ball.

Adams has a season’s worth of targets more than Cooper does in the past 4 years, and less drops. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Coop’s problems are really just mental, right? I mean, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the guy play physical football. Especially with the ball in his hands. He just has a less than ideal mentality in terms of being a contact player?

He is basically the WR-specimen that would make any team better; aside from him being mentally the equivalent of the Moss Raider years. 

Its disappointing because the talent is there. Its just not used.