Cowboys "likely" to release WR Amari Cooper at start of league year

TheKillerNacho

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like maybe someone confused Demarcus Ware with Demarcus Lawrence 

Thats a distinct possibility. There are some players you know super early in their career "this dude is special, he will be in the HOF" - - Demarcus Ware was one of those players (like Mahomes, Ed Reed, Aaron Donald).

There is literally 0% chance he doesnt make it. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a distinct possibility. There are some players you know super early in their career "this dud is special, he will be in the HOF" - - Demarcus Ware was one of those players.

There is literally 0% chance he doesnt make it. 

I'm still trying to find if someone has been a finalist in their first year and never made it. I've never heard of it, but will admit that I'm not 100% on the history of the hall or anything. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

DeMarcus Ware is not a Hall of Famer (and probably never will be). And I don't believe his name was even on 2022's HOF ballot. 

(Topic for another conversation, you should create a player comparison thread about it).

I found the perfect thread for all your HOF takes.

• Like 8

Guys, I just found this memo. You guys must not have gotten it. Actually, it seems like only one other person has received it so far. It says:

Defense wins championships, but offensive stats, when posted on the internet 12,031 times, get you into the hall of fame.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Same world where Torry Holt makes it in first ballot

What blows my mind is how strong his takes are while clearly displaying a lack of knowledge / understanding in regards. 

How are you going to say he's never going to get into the Hall and that he wasn't on the ballot when he was an actual finalist in his first year of eligibility ? We are treading into "I'm the Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless of FF" territory with some of this stuff. You can't scream at everyone about a teams cap situation when you think that the Bucs have 80 million in dead money from Tom Brady moving forward, for example 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

What blows my mind is how strong his takes are while clearly displaying a lack of knowledge / understanding in regards. 

How are you going to say he's never going to get into the Hall and that he wasn't on the ballot when he was an actual finalist in his first year of eligibility ? We are treading into "I'm the Stephen A Smith or Skip Bayless of FF" territory with some of this stuff. You can't scream at everyone about a teams cap situation when you think that the Bucs have 80 million in dead money from Tom Brady moving forward, for example 

Dalton Schultz - Top 5 TE because of age, production in 2021, production in 2020.

Justin Jefferson - not an elite receiver, because of longevity…despite having two better years than Schultz and also being younger. 

This is less Skip Bayless and more Colin Cowherd. Dude deflects everything with re-posts of stats, talks about fandom, or (once you ask a simple question) just doesn’t answer. 

The response to the multiple people trying to explain how restructures work? “Doesn’t seem possible”. What more can you say, lol.

• Like 6

On 3/4/2022 at 2:19 PM, Matts4313 said:

Every team cuts players; this isnt unique to the Cowboys. 

And much to dismay of everyone pooping on the Cowboys, we literally built his contract with very little in guaranteed money for this specific purpose. That we could move on if his production doesnt match his salary (it doesnt). 

As for Zeke, he would be cut already if we could afford it. 

100% agree with this. Cooper is a good football player and makes his team better. He isn't worth what he's currently being paid. Either a team overpays for him in the market or he will adjust to a smaller salary. Who knows which one of those scenarios happens. I can't see him getting more money, then he would be due in Dallas.

21 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

DeMarcus Ware is not a Hall of Famer (and probably never will be). And I don't believe his name was even on 2022's HOF ballot. 

James Franco Reaction GIF

james franco GIF

@N4L - I need some Leo’s to join my Franco’s. Don’t hold back.

• Like 2