TCMD '18 GM mock draft build (open discussion)

ny92mike

44 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

When are you looking to start GM signups?

Last year, we had no trouble at all getting 32 GM's, but because of the new forum and other factors, we might want to get a post up sooner this year.

Maybe a couple weeks from the start date.  You got a suggestion?

Some of our scheduling will be dependant on if ffmd comes out of the closest or if they decide to stay in it.

Mainly because I'm running two this year and I'll need a break between the two.

I'd like to allow a little change between the two mocks, it doesn't need to be a drastic changes but to use it as a beta version.  Early in the season we talked about making a continuous mock draft and that's still possible, just haven't gotten the support needed to commit.  

7 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Last year, we had no trouble at all getting 32 GM's, but because of the new forum and other factors, we might want to get a post up sooner this year.

Some of our scheduling will be dependant on if ffmd comes out of the closest or if they decide to stay in it.

Are you thinking the 2 TCMD being 

1st starting in February

2nd starting after that finishes with a break for you to decompress and actually look at things other than TCMD

@EaglesPeteCWhen I asked you about the Philly war room and its successes the past couple of years.  I was trying to figure out if you had some secret of sorts that brought more discussion into the thread.

Also, if it would help to have a doc, that would provide viewable only links from the various workbooks, this would allow you to keep total control of the workbooks while providing the war room staff viewable access.

Just spitballing 

For TCMD, is there going to be an encouragement to get more members of the team forum involved in the process?

If so, would offer site chat groups (Slack, groupme, etc) be considered as a way to mass communicate in a secure private manner with those other forum members.

I would like to use it as a possible test to see if allowing that increases the ability to get more members involved in the forum wide GM mock process.

16 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

I might suggest starting an "Interest Thread". It can be sort of a presign up with some of the basics of the mock and a place where we can answer questions and refer interested people. Might be good to have something up as the season ends and people start popping over here with the "offseason void"

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are you thinking the 2 TCMD being 

1st starting in February

2nd starting after that finishes with a break for you to decompress and actually look at things other than TCMD

Honestly, I'm not sure.  It depends on how quickly I get it set up, which is moving along but still several weeks away from being complete.

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I might suggest starting an "Interest Thread". It can be sort of a presign up with some of the basics of the mock and a place where we can answer questions and refer interested people. Might be good to have something up as the season ends and people start popping over here with the "offseason void"

Agreed.  This weekend with the Holiday and most of the country in the deep freeze of winter would be a good time to get something like that up.  Once the NFL week 17 is done, more people start looking to the draft and prospects.  This subforum seems to pick up traffic more and the Fantasy Football one goes pretty dormant.

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That works, I'll be heavily involved with data collection for the player values and getting the APY data set so you would likely have to man that thread.

12 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

@EaglesPeteCWhen I asked you about the Philly war room and its successes the past couple of years.  I was trying to figure out if you had some secret of sorts that brought more discussion into the thread.

Also, if it would help to have a doc, that would provide viewable only links from the various workbooks, this would allow you to keep total control of the workbooks while providing the war room staff viewable access.

Just spitballing 

I really just posted my moves and asked questions and people popped in and put and gave opinions. A few people followed consistantly from beginning to end. Being able to post docs might be nice but i dont think it is super necessary. 

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I really just posted my moves and asked questions and people popped in and put and gave opinions. A few people followed consistantly from beginning to end. Being able to post docs might be nice but i dont think it is super necessary. 

After seeing yours and then looking at mine, I think the biggest hurdle is that the Giants sub forum is so divided with what the team should do, with just about every position that any move made or discussed was slammed, which just zapped the fun right out of it.  

Archived