TCMD '18 GM mock draft build (open discussion)

ny92mike

New York Giants Depth Chart
Offense
Position Number 1 Number 2 Number 3 Number 4 Number 5
WR 0773 - Odell Beckham, Jr. - WR        
TE 0748 - Evan Engram - TE        
LT          
LG          
C          
RG          
RT          
WR          
QB          
FB          
HB          

Defense
LDE 0744 - Jason Pierre-Paul - 43DE        
LDT 0742 - Damon Harrison - 43DT        
RDT 0754 - Dalvin Tomlinson - 43DT        
RDE 0741 - Olivier Vernon - 43DE        
WLB          
MLB          
SLB          
CB          
SS          
FS          
CB          

Special Teams
K          
P          
H          
PR          
KR          
LS          

Good morning...Hope you all had a great Christmas.  Just awoke from my diabetic coma.  @Forge reviewed formulas in the team roster workbook and fixed a couple things.

Was also able to clarify how base guarantees transitioned when releasing, trading and June 1st release, all of which are a little different than the other.

One item that we haven't determined is if we'll be using a higher adjusted percentage in determining the highest bid for resigning free agents.  If I don't get feedback on this, I'll continue with the idea of reducing the reserve bid adjustment from 7% to 6%.  The fixed resign bid within the free agent bidding sheet will be reduced as well to 6% and if you change the UFA bid to Resign will be worth 8%.  

The idea is to allow you to dig deeper in the game planning strategy.  By electing to use one or all of the 3 allotted bids to resign players, should be worth more than simply using the reserve bids, imo.  Think of it as a way to show how committed your team is retaining a previous player, by giving up a UFA bid to do so.

Please advise if you have any questions about this or if you disagree with it, as always your opinions matter.   

On another note, with the playoffs approaching, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of our veteran members and even potential new members getting involved in this discussion.  

6 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

One item that we haven't determined is if we'll be using a higher adjusted percentage in determining the highest bid for resigning free agents.  If I don't get feedback on this, I'll continue with the idea of reducing the reserve bid adjustment from 7% to 6%.  The fixed resign bid within the free agent bidding sheet will be reduced as well to 6% and if you change the UFA bid to Resign will be worth 8%.  

The idea is to allow you to dig deeper in the game planning strategy.  By electing to use one or all of the 3 allotted bids to resign players, should be worth more than simply using the reserve bids, imo.  Think of it as a way to show how committed your team is retaining a previous player, by giving up a UFA bid to do so.

Just looking for clarification on this.  IIRC, in past TCMD, each team for each round of FA bidding could bid on 3 UFA plus 1 player as a resign of their own UFA.  There was also reserve bids on your own UFA that would only be "triggered" if another team placed a qualifying offer on those players.  The reserve and resign bids had the 7% adjustment as a way to resign your UFA.

In the new concept, the reserve bid would go to 6% (vs 7% previously) and the resign bid would also be 6% (vs the 7% previoulsy).   In order to get the 8% boost, you need to use 1 of your 3 UFA bid offers (not a reserve bid or the resign bid).

@ny92jefferis Hope I have that understood correctly.

11 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Just looking for clarification on this.  IIRC, in past TCMD, each team for each round of FA bidding could bid on 3 UFA plus 1 player as a resign of their own UFA.  There was also reserve bids on your own UFA that would only be "triggered" if another team placed a qualifying offer on those players.  The reserve and resign bids had the 7% adjustment as a way to resign your UFA.

In the new concept, the reserve bid would go to 6% (vs 7% previously) and the resign bid would also be 6% (vs the 7% previoulsy).   In order to get the 8% boost, you need to use 1 of your 3 UFA bid offers (not a reserve bid or the resign bid).

@ny92jefferis Hope I have that understood correctly.

nailed it...I couldn't say it better.

12 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Good morning...Hope you all had a great Christmas.  Just awoke from my diabetic coma.  @Forge reviewed formulas in the team roster workbook and fixed a couple things.

Was also able to clarify how base guarantees transitioned when releasing, trading and June 1st release, all of which are a little different than the other.

Please advise if you have any questions about this or if you disagree with it, as always your opinions matter.   

On another note, with the playoffs approaching, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of our veteran members and even potential new members getting involved in this discussion.  

Can i spend all my extra cap space on spare ACL's for Carson Wentz?

5 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

What is the target start date for this business?

The most popular TCMD to date was when worked the schedule to coincide with the combine ending right when the draft started.  I looked back to see when we ran the last one and it started.  This year the combine schedule is Feb 27 - Mar 5th.

Last years schedule looked like this.

Official Start Date:  Sunday, February 19th @ 08:00 AM EST

League Office Opens - Sunday, February 19th

Waiver Wire - Continuous during the entire mock draft.

Franchise / Transition Tag Deadline - Mon, Feb. 20th @ 11 PM EST

RFA Tender Deadline - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 11 PM EST

ERFA Designation Deadline - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 11 PM EST

Round 1 of Free Agency Bidding

• Deadline to have contracts created - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Tues, Feb. 21st @ 11 PM EST

RFA Offer Sheet Submit Due Date from New Team - Wed, 22nd @ 11 PM EST

Franchise / Transition Tag Offer Sheet Deadline - Wed, 22nd @ 11 PM EST

Match Offer Sheet for RFA & Tagged Deadline:  Thur, 23rd @ 11 PM EST

ERFA / RFA / Tagged players Added to Rosters - Fri, 24th @ 10 AM EST

Receiving of Franchise / Transition Tag contract Extensions – Fri, 24th @ 10 AM EST

Round 2 Free Agency Bidding (10% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Fri, 24th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Fri, 24th @ 11 PM EST

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sun, 26th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results – Sun, 26th @ 11 PM EST

Round 4 Free Agency Bidding (30% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Tues, 28th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results – Tues, 28th @ 11 PM EST

Round 5 Free Agency Bidding (40% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Thur, March 2nd @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Thur, March 2nd @ 11 PM EST

Round 6 Free Agency Bidding (50% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sat, March 4th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Sat, March 4th @ 11 PM EST

Round 7 Free Agency Bidding (60% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Mon, March 6th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Mon, March 6th @ 11 PM EST

NFL Draft Start Date and Times

• Tues, March 7th @ 10 AM EST

• Each Draft Pick Selection will be provided a 40 minute window

Round 8 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Wed, Mar 8th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Wed, Mar 8th @ 11 PM EST

Round 9 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Thur, Mar 9th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Thur, Mar 9th @ 11 PM EST

Round 10 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Fri, Mar 10th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Fri, Mar 10th @ 11 PM EST

Claim Last Years Practice Squad Players

• Opens - Fri, March 10th @ 2 PM EST

• Closes - Sat, March 11th @ 9 PM EST

Round 11 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sat, Mar 11th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Sat, Mar 11th @ 11 PM EST

Round 12 Free Agency Bidding (Vet Min APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created - Sun, Mar 12th @ 10 PM EST

• FA Bidding Results - Sun, Mar 12th @ 11 PM EST

Immediately following the last pick in the draft which is scheduled to end on Tuesday the 21st of March, the UDFA period starts and will continue for 3 days or until the last selection is made.

NFL Total Control Awards - Capping the last section of the mock draft off is our awards.

After doing some digging with @Forge the current rules with the salary cap when releasing, trading or attaching the June 1st cut are as follows;

Releasing a player both signing bonuses and guaranteed base salary are accelerated from future years to the current year.

June 1st release, the current years signing bonus sticks and base salary guarantees are accelerated to the current year.

Trading, The original team is responsible for accelerated signing bonuses from future years to current, however all base guarantees carry over to the new team. 

Archived